What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders

White Beard

Must be part of my makeup: I’ve never let my grinder gunk up. I’ve always had a scarcity frame where weed is concerned, that’s *medicine* in there, so I soak it out and use it. But as it ages, the threads on the SC begin to bind, squeak, and seize, and that’s as much trouble for my hands as the grip-and-twist (not the squeaking so much) of grinding. The Estigoy is the oldest, but the smoothest: some kind of coating, I guess, it shows no wear at all.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I have had a couple of grinders over the years that get partially clogged threading and then they are just obnoxious to work with and I get lazy about cleaning them enough to keep them sliding and spinning nicely

Pour IPA in glass/bowl. Add disassembled grinder. Cover. Remove after some time.

shithawk420

Veteran
Gypsy makes grinders too? And those gas station grinders are garbage.at least the 3 piece ones.stay away from them unless you like creaky stuck up grinders that stick every time you put good weed in them.ive had to fight too many of them using vice grips just to get them to disassemble to soak in iso.a good grinder is night and day.that said I'm not paying $100 for one

vanilla dutch

Yea.gypsy has grinders for sale I think on seedbay. It works really well. Nice wood grinder with strong metal teeth. Grinds bud into dust.check em out before there gone.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Gypsy's Seedbay grinders don't get gummed up with oily bud near as bad as the orange plastic one that came with the Volcano, which was an OK grinder. They are really easy to use. On dryer bud, they grind to perfect vaping consistency IMO.

AND they hide seed packs when your stuff is going through customs.

PLUS!!, I found what may be a mature seed after grinding some Runtz, and it didn't get tore up in the easy twisting wooden wonder. The seed is still floating after a day.

Gry

Still have grinders, but it hurts my hands to use them anymore, now when I need a bunch cleaned, I use the food processor. When I just want to clean a small amount, I toss it in a open top box that I keep in the oven. Half an hour in there, and they grind up fine using a metal straining screen.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
There goes your terps, but at least the THC will be decarbed. Edit: You could vape off those terps, but the oil would remain on the bud, like it does on my already ground ABV. Without the terps solvent action, a de-terped bud may be harder to grind.

You ought to try one of the grinders Gypsy sells. Getting moist sticky dope out of them is the hardest part. I use a pick.

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey IC Folks,
Has anyone tried claening plastic grinders in the dishwasher?
I have a santa cruz hemp bioplastic grinder and didn't want to go in there with a knife to get out the resin and plant material that was stuck inside for fear of getting plastic in my herbs, so I stuck it in the dishwasher and it came out looking like new!

Have I just found a supre easy way to clean my grinder or can anyone think of a reason not to do this?

Cheers
CC