What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I don't think it's that big of a deal, at all lol. And I don't see how such a thing is disrespectful in anyway.

Are you really genuinely bothered about it...?...

How is the OP/Tycho "riding you coat tails"?...The OP merely started a thread for the new season. No one is gaining from another here.

To be honest, a few days before this thread was started I was going to start an "Anything outdoors 2020" thread because it was a new year.

I'm relatively new around here...I didn't know certain threads/thread titles "belonged" to you or any individual, I figured these "anything outdoor" threads were just a community discussion about growing outdoors that happens every year. It does not matter who starts the thread/discussion.

Well it's disrespectful to copy another man's thread, Kinda be like me naming my indoor thread Unclefishsticks tartar sauce or something. I didn't just get online yesterday, I've been around since the mid-late 90s. Paradise Seeds used my Sensi Star for there photos for yrs. It's just shitty I wasn't at least ask hey are you gonna do the Anything Outdoors thread after 2yrs in a row of doing it. No it's not hurting me any, really the opposite. And no the thread shouldn't be named after mine. But fuck it, I'm running my thread. CopyCat shit. Break the ice and start it in the Winter when snows on the ground lol. I had enough respect for Backcountry to ask if he cared if we started a new Outdoor Strain guide. So welcome to icmag, it's a great place!!!:tiphat:

I'm the coolest guy you'll ever meet until somebody disrespects me. So whatever this is, it's just my idea. I've never seen somebody name a thread that's somebody's ran 2yrs under there name, that beening me. And use the exact same name, yea that might not be disrespect to you. But the hair on my neck stands up. This is just a coat tail rider. I'll define that for you too. Somebody that takes another person's idea. He knew I was gonna do the 2020, that's why he started it in the fucking winter lol, good way to jump in front and try to take over. I'd be embarrassed really if I tried to name a thread after another member that ran it the last 2 yrs.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Just got some Wedding Cake clones....Thats what ill be rocking full term and in the gh for a light dep run....Kind of early still but, they came in 2 inch rockwool cubes and plugged them into 5 inch containers, will be in those for 3 maybe 4 weeks....Plan is to transplant those into 2 gallon pots until the first week of June. Then into 45 gallon fabric pots

Im not sure which cut i got???, I see there is 2 different Wedding Cakes?

(Triangle Kush x Animal Mints) or (Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies)
Either or the genetics sound great.

If i can ever figure out how to post pics i will!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just got some Wedding Cake clones....Thats what ill be rocking full term and in the gh for a light dep run....Kind of early still but, they came in 2 inch rockwool cubes and plugged them into 5 inch containers, will be in those for 3 maybe 4 weeks....Plan is to transplant those into 2 gallon pots until the first week of June. Then into 45 gallon fabric pots

Im not sure which cut i got???, I see there is 2 different Wedding Cakes?

(Triangle Kush x Animal Mints) or (Cherry Pie x Girl Scout Cookies)
Either or the genetics sound great.

If i can ever figure out how to post pics i will!
Good luck. That's my next strain for sure. If I can find it up here.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Take 5 of those beans and put them a couple miles away from your sensi crop. End of season, go back and collect your F2s. :)

i need to go this route this year. corner baggie pollen and paint brush last year ended up being a fuck fest at the my patch. made few more than i wanted. gave bunch away so that was a plus

PDX Dopesmoker

i need to go this route this year. corner baggie pollen and paint brush last year ended up being a fuck fest at the my patch. made few more than i wanted. gave bunch away so that was a plus

I did the same last year and the year before that…I always seem to end up pollinating more pistils than I need & ending up with a good supply of extra seeds. Its better than having too few seeds & I enjoy.
On that topic, I now have two brothers to go along with my three sisters.
dIYixpf.jpg

Well it's disrespectful to copy another man's thread, Kinda be like me naming my indoor thread Unclefishsticks tartar sauce or something. I didn't just get online yesterday, I've been around since the mid-late 90s. Paradise Seeds used my Sensi Star for there photos for yrs. It's just shitty I wasn't at least ask hey are you gonna do the Anything Outdoors thread after 2yrs in a row of doing it. No it's not hurting me any, really the opposite. And no the thread shouldn't be named after mine. But fuck it, I'm running my thread. CopyCat shit. Break the ice and start it in the Winter when snows on the ground lol. I had enough respect for Backcountry to ask if he cared if we started a new Outdoor Strain guide. So welcome to icmag, it's a great place!!!:tiphat:

I'm the coolest guy you'll ever meet until somebody disrespects me. So whatever this is, it's just my idea. I've never seen somebody name a thread that's somebody's ran 2yrs under there name, that beening me. And use the exact same name, yea that might not be disrespect to you. But the hair on my neck stands up. This is just a coat tail rider. I'll define that for you too. Somebody that takes another person's idea. He knew I was gonna do the 2020, that's why he started it in the fucking winter lol, good way to jump in front and try to take over. I'd be embarrassed really if I tried to name a thread after another member that ran it the last 2 yrs.

Dang dude lol.

I've been around the internet for a long while as well, and in other forums/communities I've been part of where there are monthly/seasonal/annual threads that consist of basic chit chat about what ever the subject may be it does not matter who starts the discussion. Like on some mushroom/mycology forums, it does not matter who starts the thread for the new mushroom hunting season. Sometimes it's the same person two years in a row, sometimes it's someone who is totally new the forums.

I never perceived the "Anything Outdoors" threads as "Yours" or revolving around you and your grow....The title was "Anything" outdoors so I figured it was about anything and anyone growing outdoors, I perceived it as an annual community discussion about growing outdoors...Like I said in my previous post, before this thread was started I was going to start an "Anything Outdoors 2020" thread because it was a new year and time to start chit chattin' about the new season. I didn't know thread titles were such a big deal around here lol.

What difference does it make if you or anyone else starts the discussion for the 2020 outdoor season?....It's not like the person who starts the thread/discussion is winning something or getting bonus points for being the one who started the discussion.

I now understand the past few years you have been the one who started the annual "anything outdoors" threads (I honestly didn't know that until you pointed it out, I figured it was just a thread that happened every year and that it didn't matter who started it).....Is it just because the thread title is the same title you used, is that the part that has you upset? What if it was something like, "Everything outdoors 2020" ?...Or, "Outdoors 2020!" ....What difference does it make if the discussion that follows is the same?

I always perceived the general expression, "riding on the coat tails of another" in the way of..."Benefiting from someone else's success; to use someone else's success as a means to achieve one's own".

But no one is benefiting from anything here lol....no one is succeeding in anyway. There is no benefit to being the person who starts the thread for the new outdoor grow season. There is no benefit or success to being the person who started the thread for the past few years....If you were like winning a prize or getting $$$ or seeds or something for being the person who starts the outdoor thread and the OP that started this thread was now getting that prize/$$$/seeds/some sort of benefit, then I'd kinda understand..

...but dude, it's an online forum/message board/place to chit chat lol.

I look at forums like a place that people hang out and socialize. Like a coffee shop or a bar etc...

Starting the new thread for the outdoor season is like walking into a bar or coffee shop and striking up a conversation about the new outdoor season.

Anyway...I won't keep on rambling. And maybe I'm the one that's misunderstanding you and/or the "ethics" and ways of this forum, I dunno...I kinda sorta understand where you're coming from, but sheesh.

therevverend

Veteran
As far as who owns the Copyright to 'Anything Outdoor...', I understand getting pissed when someone does Your Thing. Another name to add to The List. After that, let it go. To 99% of us it doesn't matter who started what. The important thing is that we're all above ground planting out for another year. And we have a place to talk about it. I'd recommend combining both threads to make referencing easier. Or not, there's plenty of outdoor stuff to post to fill up 10 threads.

I started a thread about 'when to start seedlings in spring'. Of course that's really anytime from January through June in the Northern Hemisphere. I like to start early under natural light, before April 1, because most of my females will have pre-flowered by the middle of June. If not sooner. I had the thought that along with the rest of the information we post, when we harvest, how much we get, etc. We could post when our seedlings sex. At least it's data I'm going to keep track of from now on. One more piece of the puzzle, if a strain shows sex by the end of May it'd be useful.

Of course there's other determining factors, size for instance, and a lot of people don't bother to sex until the males start to go full on at the end of July. But then I know growers who are out there on Memorial Day in May with their loupe in hand..

Sunshineinabag

Allit is to me is a distraction this site DOES NOT NEED! god forbid we leave folks alone to do their thing......copyright infringement ya fukahs lmaop

Fitzera

If you go back to the 2019 thread, you'll see a member suggested the new thread be started, to which it was done. Thats it. Organilush put it perfectly. Nothing more needs to be said. Let's join together like a community and move forward. It's a very strange time out there right now, it would be nice to have this a drama free space as it once was.

On that note, with so many people having so much more time on their hands and this social distancing going on....is anyone concerned that more people will be exploring the back country and coming across your spots? Has this made you venture deeper or to new areas to try and protect your garden? Or is it life like usual for you?

Also, how is spring going for you? Are you on schedule? Out here we got more snow, it's still well below 0°C and quite a bit of snow is in the coming forecast yet. Hell, my yard still have over a foot of snow. First spring came and went and I feel I'll be starting my auto breeding project a little later than I had planned. Which is no big deal if we are stuck with these emergency protocols in place for an extended period of time. But the season here is always short and theres no time to be wasted.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
it would be nice to have this a drama free space as it once was.

On that note, with so many people having so much more time on their hands and this social distancing going on....is anyone concerned that more people will be exploring the back country and coming across your spots? Has this made you venture deeper or to new areas to try and protect your garden? Or is it life like usual for you?

Also, how is spring going for you? Are you on schedule? Out here we got more snow, it's still well below 0°C and quite a bit of snow is in the coming forecast yet. Hell, my yard still have over a foot of snow. First spring came and went and I feel I'll be starting my auto breeding project a little later than I had planned. Which is no big deal if we are stuck with these emergency protocols in place for an extended period of time. But the season here is always short and theres no time to be wasted.

You're right. Drama is all around us. A lot of people out of work because of layoffs.

There's so much negativity in this world right now that I decided to do something positive. It ain't much, but it's for people out of work because of this frigging Covid and still need seeds for their medicine from this year's grow. I had someone ask if I could give them a better price, so I dropped the price, doubled the seeds and only charged for shipping. They can pay when finances improve. I opened it up on the site because I was getting too many emails. I don't know how long I can do it, so I'll play it by ear. Ya, I know it's dumb, and I'll get ripped off by some. But that Covid Karma is on them.

Got a lot of veggies started and way too many weed seeds sprouting. Starting to run out of room. Seems spring is here early. No more snow, lots of rain, grass is greening up and trees are starting to bud. We got a head fake like that a couple years ago and winter came back and roared at us a few times, but I'm hoping that with so much less smog, that might not be the case this year. Fingers crossed.

And ya, doing way more bush walking and site scoping than last year.

yardgrazer

I've been adding a few beans here and there, Bing!, Sour Strawberry, and Sour Grape. We'll see what comes of it.

PDX Dopesmoker

I had a seed that had been in the ground for about 35 days come up out of the soil as a healthy young sprout this morning. I've never seen it take that long before.

Booyah!

An interesting pheno that popped up on an off season test run.

Attachments

• 20200405_151641.jpg
    20200405_151641.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 16

PureSativa420

I had a seed that had been in the ground for about 35 days come up out of the soil as a healthy young sprout this morning. I've never seen it take that long before.

Older seeds take awhile to crack open, Many of my SDoG seeds I made back in 09 took anywhere from 10 to 14 days to even sprout under norm germ methods that take fresh seeds 12 to 24hrs 😮

Always hope for them to sprout some are just stubborn 😎

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ah like somebody said, We'll just have 2 threads. I'm not here to bring the community drama. I'm not worried about any copyright or shit like that, it just pissed me off. But I'll let it go, didn't mean to cause drama on my thread