What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Manzinita Patch - Cream

Sourbear

Update: Processed/Bagged every single plant myself. Was a long.... long.... season doing it all alone. Normally I have some help to get through the chop/hang/trim/bag process, but this year it just kind of worked out where I did it all my self. The bigger plants like The Matriarch and the Sour Cream plants had about 2lbs of bud after it was all trimmed up, cured and in a turkey bag. And thats 2lbs after me leaving quite a bit of popcorn behind on the stems down at the plot.

Red Cream- Potent as a mother fucker, i've been smoking every day for about 15 years now, growing for 11 years, and nothing kicks my ass like this Red Cream does. It's so sugar coated, and hits so hard so fast.... Its like you take a hit and instantly somebody throws a wet hot blanket over you.... its some of the most potent meds i've grown, if not THE most potent med i've grown to date. it gets a 10/10 for potency. Tastes just like Candy Kush one of her genetic parents, has that same artificial crystal rock candy flavor, smoooooooooth.

Violet Cream - has the best bag appeal out of everyone, her dark purple overtones hidden in the bud make it look soooo nice. She has a artificial grape smell but does not taste that way. Shes about a 6-7 out of 10 for potency.

The Matriarch - She harvested the most bud, had the most purple in her, was the tallest plant. But ended up not being one of my favorite to smoke. She is about a 6/7 on the potent scale out of 10. But she also has a diesel/chemdog taste to her that is not my favorite. Its definitely a sour, or gas or chemical sour smell coming from the bud, but its very very subtle you have to grind it or break up a nug to get the smell.

Mango Cream: Grew most like a kush plant, it had the most obvious "kush spears" i've seen out of the whole plot. She had supppppper bright orange pistils and the fan leaves turned purple but the bud stayed green. During grow she had a faint orange citrus smell to it, almost mango. But after cut/cure she lost all of her fruityness and now just has an earthy taste to it. Probably my least favorite plant out of the bunch to smoke. I haven't had but 2-3 bowls of it so I can't really judge the potency.

Pineapple Cream: Grew very similar to the OG cream plant from my first years (you can see her earlier in this thread). Came out with fire red pistils and has a very light citrus vanilla flavor, VERY similar to the original cream cut I had. potency is about a 7-8 out of 10. Super high yield, plant bushed out about 50-60 colas where as the rest popped out about 30 after topping.

Sour Cream: Grew similar to the OG cream cutting, very similar to the Pineapple cream plant but instead of sweet citrus, its just sour lemon. 7/8 on the potency scale out of 10.

Banana Cream: Low potency, grew like a kush plant, however smelled like straight up banana oil, or like banana flavored tanning lotion or some shit.... Just thick viscous bananas. When I made butter/oil out of the trim from this stuff, straight up smelled like banana's. I even used some of the sugar leaf ground up as a seasoning for some steaks/food because it was so floral.

Chunky Resin Cream: Smallest/runted/stunted plant out of the bunch. Smelled like the Matriarch in that it had a sour diesel or chemdog backing/smell to it. But had very little purple. Infact the nugs had all the colors, reds, oranges, purples, greens. The chunky resin nugs where phat, and dense as HELL, and covered in resin. I though the smoke was going to be the best out of everyone just based on the resin production i was seeing, but she ended up being about a 6/7 on the potency scale. Her taste was that of sourdiesel or chemdog, so not my favorite out of the patch this year.

So far I have not found any seeds, haven't found any stragglers sitting at the bottom of the bag so I might be out of luck when it comes to getting a few random beans off these phenotypes. Usually in my bags I can find 2-3 seeds per pound of bud from random insect/bird/wind pollination from random ass growers in the area who let their males go.

But no matter, i have about 500 Cream X Candy Kush seeds left, and about 1000 Candy Kush x Candy Kush seeds left to play with. I only wish I had gotten a random bean from that Red Cream... or if I knew ahead of time It would of been so good, i would of colloidal silver'd some nodes in the hopes of acquiring a bean. That Red Cream strain literally kicks EVERYONES ass that I have smoke it... its such a potent cut....But no matter, i will be popping more Cream x Kush seeds this year and I will know what to look for in that Red Cream....

Plans for 2021:
I ordered some seeds from CSI Humboldt. Finally decided to bite the bullet and invest in some of their amazing genetics!

I ordered up:

Living Dead Girl From CSI's Website:
Patient Zero, my favorite keeper plant out of 107 Purple Urkle x Pakistani Purple Kush seed plants…crossed, this time, to the Girl Scout Cookies forum cut.

Pine Tar Kush IBL From CSI's Website:
This is a pure Pakistani Inbred Line that has been preserved for generations round the Emerald Triangle…most recently by my friend Tom Hill. A portion of the proceeds of the sales goes to the Tom Hill’s Kids trust fund. These seeds were made with a large open pollination of over 200 Pine Tar Kush seed plants from several generations of PTK.

Lemon Party S1 ~ Lemon Party x Lemon Party From CSI's website:
The exclusive Lemon Party cultivar is a tightly held cut…believed to be a Lemon Tree hybrid…this girl is overpowering candied Lemons…so strong, in a room of 50 varietals they out stank everything…super pungent.

If you followed my thread here in the Manzanita patch, or any of my other postings around ICmag you will see me touting/praising Tom Hill and his genetic/organic outdoor endeavors. It's a name that leaves my lips often and is typed among my account quite a bit as a person who I really look up to! When I first started smoking cannabis, here in Shasta/Lassen county we would get this bud we called "Christmas tree bud" or "Xmax weed" It had a name Pine Tar Kush, but thats what we called it over here. Then around 2001 this cutting/weed came over the Shasta county called "Deep Chunk" These where my two favorite strains for the longest time and I had no clue they came from the same little patch in the redwoods ;p

THEN like everyone else, I saw the salmon Creek Big Bud tent run here on ICMAG with the INSANE yields... Found out that it was a Tom Hill and that started my intrigue into his genetics. Low and behold hes also the main propagator of of Deep Chunk and PTK. I started messaging/following Tom here on ICMAG and it got me yearning/wanting to play with the genetics hes made famous here in California. So in 2016 I saw on the Strainhunters website (greenhouse seeds) that they had a Trainwreck x Salmon Creek Big Bud. I was super skeptical at first seeing the beans on their website, but went ahead and ordered them anyways. If these seeds REALLY had salmon creek big bud in them, then thats worth the risk of 100$ for 10 beans!

I grew out those Caboose seeds in 2016 and had soda can sized colas... the smell/flavors/smoke was not my favorite, but the fucking colas where HUUUUUUUUUUGE. I got my first taste of playing around with the same strain Tom was and I was enthralled/ensconced in the genetic prospect.

Now here I sit in 2021, & I have 21 non-feminized PTK seeds coming my way..Along with the Lemon Party and Living Dead girl. when I ordered my seeds from CSI Humboldt I left a note telling him about my love for the Deep Chunk pheno I used to grow and can't find anymore. He replied
with"In 2016, I did an open pollination of original [‘2003 Deep Chunk’ stock acquired directly from Tom Hill…let me know if you find the pheno you remember. :)"

I'm not jumping to any conclusions but I think he may have slipped in a few extra beans in my order... and I'm getting all excited thinking about the prospects of having PTK and Deep Chunk in my garden....I'm going to let the PTK males go, separate them from the plot and harvest the pollen and freeze it for later. If I can get my hands back on the original Cream cutting I got back in 2014, I will cross it with PTK and hopefully come up with something amazing...

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait. For. This. Season.

Edit: this new layout is silly, I miss old ICMag :(

Sourbear

IMG_20210322_175153570.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210322_175153570.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	17813394

Alright, it happened.

Cripple Creek coming up next year...

I have a feeling that Living Dead girl is going to be some POTENT meds....

Down the line if I get the chance, I might end up bleeding my Cream strain into the Lemon Party...

If you guys are looking for seeds CSI humboldt is an amazing source for some OG genetics that have been around the Redwoods/Nor Cal for a long time.