What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jack the ripper

Hi,
i've just read that the Jack The Ripper's creator has passed. Cannabis world is loosing someone...
It explains why i could not find JTR seeds on the market anymore.
It's maybe the most beautifull THC plant i've seen so far, with trichomes every where on the plant, but a hell to clone.
I've tried a personal cross, but the result was poor, i'm not a breeder, and i'm looking for a strain with parts of it's genetic pool.
Any info would be nice...

Fitzera

I've never grown it myself, or any of the crosses yet but hdepot has a couple crosses in stock...jack skellington, jack straw, nurse Jackie...

I've never grown it myself, or any of the crosses yet but hdepot has a couple crosses in stock...jack skellington, jack straw, nurse Jackie...

LOL! I did not know these crosses, so i asked google, and i found real and authentic JTR seeds from Subcool. Great, but it's hard to clone, really, so i bought the skellington cross also, maybe clonable with ease.
And i'm thinking about making my own JTR female seeds, because keeping a mom is quite of an hassle, seeds are easier to manage.
But never done such...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The jtr seeds I grew were strong easy to grow high yielding plants. Only problem I had with it was the amazing potency combined with the quickest tolerance build up of any strain I ever grew. One joint would have you almost hallucinating. The next would barely get me high. It would have been one of my best sativa type highs if I didn't need to wait 2 weeks between smoking it to catch a good buzz.

The jtr seeds I grew were strong easy to grow high yielding plants. Only problem I had with it was the amazing potency combined with the quickest tolerance build up of any strain I ever grew. One joint would have you almost hallucinating. The next would barely get me high. It would have been one of my best sativa type highs if I didn't need to wait 2 weeks between smoking it to catch a good buzz.

Yeah i get it, i don't remember, i'd say it's the same for each strong strain...
What is your favorite, for the least tolerance build up? I wonder about it also...

G

Yeah i get it, i don't remember, i'd say it's the same for each strong strain...
What is your favorite, for the least tolerance build up? I wonder about it also...
Old school strains. Haze hybrids.

rolandomota

Yea the man died 7 months ago actually

I used to have some strains from this guy not anymore the seed fairy stole them and left me a message saying flush! Goes the toilet
Damn it ....then he left the forum that made him famous and raised his prices x2 x3 and I moved on their are some cool cheap options out their kc brain is one although not that popular
Mr nice auctions another but if you want modern day type popular then true fire genetics is the place
I guess his the dank stuff is worth it now since it's the last ones
One thing I remember him saying is make vortex f2 and save him some for when he came back because it's the most consistently potent and frosty

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

As for strains that are similar to JtR. I would say sour jack from karma does the job every time.

I agree tolerance build up is a problem with many strains.

My actual best strain for not building up a tolerance is an Og x chem d bx3 I made. Get everyone ripped. Every time. But that strain bears no resemblance to JtR at all.

G

Gifted from a friend that loves JTR.
picture.php

Plenty of subcool dank left on attitude. Didn't realise he was putting out so many new crosses.

Desert Dan

Veteran

I had a cut back in the day the Sub supposedly selected himself... Flowers smelled like puppy breath and pink lemonade. First time I smoked it was super trippy like you say! Felt like my blood sugar plummeted, I got all cold and shaky, had those dark bags under my eyes, straight ripped!!! Munchies like a mofo and had to take a hot shower...

A week later it was mids.

-DD

G

I had a cut back in the day the Sub supposedly selected himself... Flowers smelled like puppy breath and pink lemonade. First time I smoked it was super trippy like you say! Felt like my blood sugar plummeted, I got all cold and shaky, had those dark bags under my eyes, straight ripped!!! Munchies like a mofo and had to take a hot shower...

A week later it was mids.

-DD
Subcool smoked alot of hash. Perhaps that's why.

I've found and bought 5 JtR seeds, and i put them to germ. I did not think they were probably old. And after 36 h nothing happens. Argh!!

Actually, the 5 have popped, but one died when i tried removing the seed shell that did not want to break. So i will do it with 4, but they are small, the seeds were very small.
picture.php

picture.php

Almost a month of veg, they grow very slowly, i'm not a soil expert, more an hydro guy, and i'm waiting for seeing their sex before flip...

picture.php

picture.php

So i've got the silver nitrate, and the sodium thiosulfate, i'm gonna need some advice for the process of reversing...:biggrin: