What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

water or oil in solvent tank?

I looked into my solvent tank to check the level of gas still in there and noticed a puddle of some sort that seemed to be resting at the bottom. Wasnt sure if it was water or possibly pump oil. I said pump oil because last week I forgot to close the vacuum valve before shutting off the pump and the collection sucked up some pump oil. Didnt catch it until injection already started so just said screw it ill just toss this run. Could any of that pump oil be recovered into solvent tank? Im stumped. Here’s a pic....

Attachments

• 24B5DE4D-E0C5-4A9F-9D43-0354D532AF13.jpg
    24B5DE4D-E0C5-4A9F-9D43-0354D532AF13.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 32

troutman

Seed Whore
Take it out and place it in water.

If it floats or sinks. It's some kind of oil and if it disappears it's most likely just water. :tiphat:

Might be condensation that occurred.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most likely water at that quantity.

If you turn your tank upside down and open the vapor valve, you should be able to expel and examine it. as TM says, it it is oil, it will float in water/

MrBungle

In the HVAC industry, filter driers are used to trap moisture in a sealed a/c system...

I'm not sure if it would leave something behind in the butane though, or if there is a specialized one for making concentrates...

there is a mol sieve being used. could it be possibly the sieve should be bigger? im noticing moisture on the side(outside) of the solvent tank where the recovery port is.

Latest posts

Latest posts