What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

winterization of rosin

colombianoil

hello all of you. I am new to the forum, I am colombian. I need a little help, rosin is really popular in my country, I have been having problems with fats and waxes on rosin. I want to apply winterization process with 190 proof alcohol. How can I purge the final product to have a "shatter" texture? thanks

EsterEssence

Veteran
One of the most desirable traits of rosin is that it is solvent free, if you winterize you no longer have a solvent free product...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Define problem.

What are you pressing? Flower or hash? Got any pictures?

Glad to see you around. I follow a few South Americans on Instagram, one making presses in Brazil. Very interesting to see the technique spread globally.

MrBungle

The only time i get shatter like rosin is when I press mostly dry cannabis...

Most of the time what I get is a thick sap like product.. sometimes it will wax up.. I think that is strain dependent tho..

mack 10

Veteran
strain dependant.

press from dry hash powder makes shatter pretty easy.
dry aged flowers, made to hash then pressed.

shatter from flower is mostly strain depandant too.

got any pics of your problem?

what material did you use and how did you squish it?

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
If you want to use ethanol to get shatter, then you should just skip the rosin step and do a sub-zero (preferably -30C to -50C using dry ice) ethanol extraction on pulverized flower and/or trim. Easy to do with coffee filters but vacuum buchner filter for better yield and cleaner end product. Vacuum purge to get shatter consistency.

Latest posts

Latest posts