What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flushing question?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Hi friends, I have a few plants indoor in soil, Ive tried to keep it somewhat organic. I have always flushed my plants be it indoor/greenhouse/outdoor with just carbon filter h20.

A buddy of mine is trying to talk shit like always, the joint he rolled of mine wasn't burning a clean grey ash. He was also trying to say that he had to keep lighting it to keep it going. I flush everything for a good 10+ days.

I was wondering what flushing agent do you guys use? Final Phase i think is one from Advanced Nutrients and i think General Hydroponics has final flush?

Or should i not even bother and just stick with my carbon filtered h20 for flushing?
THanks

Granger2

Veteran
I grow all organic with Earth Juice line. I noticed a major difference in harshness and clean gray/white ash when I started using Botanicare Clearex. In 3 gal cloth pots, I poured thru 1 gal Carbon filtered water. Once drained thru, I hit them with 1 gal of RO, followed by 1 gal of RO with Clearex. Used 1 gal RO/Clearex each watering for 10 days. Not expensive to use. Good luck. -granger

troutman

Seed Whore
Most people just use pH balanced plain water with no gimmicks.

Also, if your plant don't have leaves that are fading in color when they ripening and stay green to the
end it's because you're using too much nutrients. I like seeing yellow fan leaves before harvest time.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Most people just use pH balanced plain water with no gimmicks.

Also, if your plant don't have leaves that are fading in color when they ripening and stay green to the
end it's because you're using too much nutrients. I like seeing yellow fan leaves before harvest time.

I thought it was from to much Nitrogen when it stays green till the end?

would you count purple as fading towards the end??

my Do si Do's leafs are starting to purple. The SFVOG is pretty green, 6 weeks into flowering. Thanks

How a joint burns isn't a great way to judge Cannabis. Too many book readers out there think they know what to complain about. Makes them feel good without possessing any actual skill of discernment.

Are you harvesting during the day, while the nutes are flowing into the plant? Or at night, when the nutes retreat to the roots? The last Dosidos I tried smoking was premature, full of Botanicare and still purpled so no, purple doesn't indicate a faded plant.

The only way to flush in soil is to take the whole root balls out of the pot, spray the roots off and put that shit into straight water. Last two days in hydro

troutman

Seed Whore
I thought it was from to much Nitrogen when it stays green till the end?

would you count purple as fading towards the end??

my Do si Do's leafs are starting to purple. The SFVOG is pretty green, 6 weeks into flowering. Thanks

If your plants are turning purple that's a good sign that you're doing the right thing. :tiphat:

Also do know each strain behaves differently and it helps if you've grown it before.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Well my dosidos are purpling nicely, its getting close. SFVOG is getting close as well i guess. Leaves are starting to look like fall.

But I'm noticing that my leaves have some rust like spots? more towards the tips and they are curling, and crispy?

I started flushing, its been warmer in the room the last week. Im not sure whats going on?
Its somewhat yellow leaves, but the tips are rusted looking, dry and curling?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Just by going off pictures on the web, it looks like phosphorus and zinc deficiency. i don't know lol. I'm 1-2 weeks out from pulling. and have started the flush

i dont wanna feed anything else but the filtered h20. Should i pluck those dried out looking leaves so the energy goes elsewhere?

THanks

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't pluck any leaves until they are ready to fall off or really wrinkled.

Fading leaves when ripening occurs feed the rest of the plant.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Don't pluck any leaves until they are ready to fall off or really wrinkled.

Fading leaves when ripening occurs feed the rest of the plant.

Thans for the input Troutman, if i ever figure out how to post pictures i will try and do that.
Im a fellow fisherman also, Im more into largemouth bass. But i love fishing the river for steelhead. And Salmon