What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Sativa strain problem

Leafer

I got few seeds of Super Sativa strain - i have no idea what is that, but it shoud be kind of rare. Seeds were stored for some years I think.

I have just 3 plants of that strain and each one is like this. Someone here able to help me with that problem? Im growing other strains in the same soil and they are nice and healthy. Is that genetic or some soil problem? I was watering with ph 4 water (3 times) as I needed to get my soil ph down from about 7.3.

Im not that experienced so Im not sure whats wrong. Im adding Biobizz Grow (2ml/l). nothing more. At this time im watering with ph 5.5 (after adding nutes). Rest of my girls are okay.

Tha!

P

Pinnate

Im not that experienced so Im not sure whats wrong. !

No one else is, apparently, but were she(?) mine, I would leave off feeding her for a few days to see if that helps...

Pretty wide leaves for a sativa, but overfeeding can fatten leaves, on occasion.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
You don’t need to feed every watering in soil... some strains are more sensitive than others but with constant feeding salts will build up in the soil.
Personally, I go with once every third watering

Good luck

Edit: could it be sanora super sativa (m44) from sssc? Interesting.... although I can only find mentions of this strain on seed finder, can’t see it in the old catalogues

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Looks like a couple things are going on here .first 5.5 is to low for soil 6.3-6.5 is better and from the looks of those lowers either they are beginning to become rootbound or could use a slightly heavier feeding and it also looks like there are some pest around either thrips or mites.. :2cents:

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Edit: could it be sanora super sativa (m44) from sssc? Interesting.... although I can only find mentions of this strain on seed finder, can’t see it in the old catalogues

When i saw super sativa i thought the same...and here we goes for some infos:
picture.php

@ the OP: stop watering at 5.5ph, that's way too low.By the look of the leaves i would say either a) seeds were very old so they have a hard time to start for their first weeks of life, b) they've been so inbreed that now there is a lot of runt among them...pest might be an issue too.

What kind of soil are you using?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
As other said the pH is way off. Adjust pH to 6.5-6.8 after mixed in nutrients.

Other than that I see quite a bit of mechanical damage. Is a fan blowing directly on it constantly?

Have you checked the undersides of the leaves for bugs?

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
When i saw super sativa i thought the same...and here we goes for some infos:
View Image

@ the OP: stop watering at 5.5ph, that's way too low.By the look of the leaves i would say either a) seeds were very old so they have a hard time to start for their first weeks of life, b) they've been so inbreed that now there is a lot of runt among them...pest might be an issue too.

What kind of soil are you using?

That’s the one!

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah mista brunch, glad to help you!

If Leafer got what we think he got then he's a lucky man as this strain is really rare, up to the point it's the first time i hear of somebody growing it, and i 've been here for like 12 years!

Now i'm really curious about it, and i hope leafer will come back and give us more, like a full grow log and smoke report! :)

Last edited:

Leafer

Guys! I must appologize to you. My friend just told its his assumpition its called Super Sativa :(

Anyways, thanks for your help with my plants. All 4 plants are now okay after watering by compost tea and leaf forest soil tea. Im watering it with adjusted ph and its looking much better. That strain has some special requirements as all of other strains I have (Skunk1, Strawberry Caugh, Super Cheese) are perfect and there is no problem at all even they are growing in the same soil. Hard to say, I have no EC metter.

As my sorry, here is eye candy for you... 2 yrs back I planted 2 bag seeds, for fun... directly to 25 yrs old compost place and i endup by harvesting about 1.5 kg of dry buds. Its kind of scrogged, those two plants was not watered even once, not fertilised, no pest, no mold. Unfortunately not my favourite high (kind of depresive). :)