What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available

herbgreen

Veteran
It sure is great to get the real behind the scenes story many thanks for that mustafunk

I just wonder about things being lost to obscurity....landrace, IBLs, heirlooms, whatever

Cristalin'bud

Veteran
View Image[/URL]

Original pictures by Astronet and the Russian crew, the original name is Black Kandahar, not Black Afghani:

View Image

Pics from a newer thread where Siamon speaks about the Black Kandahar from The Russian Crew on Cannabiogen's forum and shows some images:

https://www.cannabiogen.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4455&sid=be0c5c43ce4fa893cc01e79157e2b860

Then that Uzbekistan Pink Malabar is simply the so called Uzbeka line that Alex La Mano Negra from Spain used to have, Cristalin obtained the line after another Spanish member did a reproduction back then at the Vibes Collective and he's now just selling all those like if he was the one who spent years working on those. Anyway I don't think it's a real Uzbeki though, unfortunately LMN has always been quite secretive with his recipes and loved good histories, so often he would "exaggerate" lineages. But the truth and what really matters is that LMN was a talented breeder/grower and he never wanted his lines to be sold and exploited commercially, that's why he was giving so many seeds out, too bad he's no longer between us to stand up... such a con move IMO and as far as I know there are currently some others cashing on his genetics too ;).

So sad about USC, I used to have a great relationship with them... everything went down the road since their partnership with Tropical Seed Company cons, then all this. JGL worked his ass off to build up his reputation on the scene and in order to put his works and also USC on the map and now Cristalin is ruining everything because of his desperation to sell seeds and make some money from Cannabis, even if they aren't his own creations. I told JGL to be careful with his decissions and at the end he gave me the reason, it was just too much for him and gave up on the industry.

We need more humble and honest people on the scene, not fake breeders cashing on other people's legacy and doing anything for the money. We shouldn't be supporting and contributing to this kind of practices... so tired of watching other people cashing on other's legacy with absolute disrespect and no consequences. There is always a good option or better way to do things. Customer should be more responsible as well but many people only wants the product, they don't care what's behind it.

Funny thing is that then when you keep your stuff close to your chest to avoid this kind of stuff then you are called a hoarder, yet when you are kind, trustful and generous and give genetics out so others can enjoy too you are just simply stabbed in your back as the minimum chance of making some easy money appears. And then we wonder how often the most talented breeders or growers just dissapear from the scene, tired or dissapointed after having a dream on getting a living with something they used to love.

:moon:

Damn...

Hi

JGL is STILL PART of USC, he grow/breed his own seeds, i make mine .... Stop with that !
He doesn't want to communicate anymore, i understand why now ....

I don't know this Russian crew or this guy "Simon", i have never been on the vibes collective and i have not been on cbg forum since many years ... I have never trade seeds there !

"Afghan Kandahar heirlooms" were the seeds name, old landrace seeds from a Danish guy, i have never heard of "black Kandahar" or something like that .....
Unless it's a strange coincidence, I do not see how it would be theirs.

For uzbeka yes it's from lmn, no problem with that, but I've never been told not to work them for maybe market them

I have tested this seeds, and i have worked on a lot generation/years cause they have something of "special"
More advanced work and more she had this side bubblegum (they did not have it at all at the beginning) that's why i have called them "ouzbek pink Malabar"

I'm not really stupid ... IF i had used the seeds of this "russian crew" for the black Afghani and IF I did not want to make the connection between Ouzbek and uzbeka, it's easy I would have called them Afghani and bubblegum ..... Like a lot, a lot of seeds bank ...

I'm not here to make money on peoples, lol, i just want share good genetics/seeds ....

If i want make money i can sell WEED it's more easier and faster, i take more risk to work on seeds for many months/years ..... And in 3 months i can win more than in one years with seeds ....

You trust what you want, but I can not let it be said that i'm a thief or liar ....

I know cannabis world is the worse but all peoples are not bad ...

Ciao

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
These are broad leaf crosses in Seed in would recommend...I would go Bodhi, Coastal, CSi in seed form. Coastal has an NL#1 male crossed to some super old afghanis...puck hashplant, black domina, roumlan, 4-way...and Bodhi has (88G13xHP) x NL#1, Old Mama Ghani, Kashmir maybe a few other Full indica males. He has a line called deep line alchemy that are all afghanis crossed together for high yielding hash...CSI has super stable reversals with Bubba Kush, Humboldt Snow, Mendo Purple Kush.

I've grown CSI and Bodhi and they were fire

All those males or reversals are hit to other full afhanis

My recent - and first - grab of Bohdi’s gear included Deep Line Alchemy 7 (old mother ghan x 88g13hp). Was meant for the vault but doubt I’ll make it out of this year without popping some or all. :)

Got 12 of them - a bonus seed.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I'm not here to make money on peoples, lol, i just want share good genetics/seeds ...

Quite often the actions speak much louder than words. Lol there is a big difference between Share and Sell. And if you really wanted to share them why didn't you just give them as freebies then with your very own breeding works? :biggrin:

Isn’t such a shame/coindicence that you didn't know the original source from the Kandahar, neither that LMN didn't want his genetics to be sold when everyone knows that?

Strange as well that everyone else growing the Uzbeki also reported the bubblegum smell... so don't excuse yourself pretending you did a great breeding work on that because all the credit goes to LMN and his protegees, who were spreading their seeds to everyone without asking for anything in return. You really couldn’t have even invested a fraction of the time this guys have been preserving this lines you are cashing on. I’ve been watching you begging for pure indicas to cash on in basically every forums you were registered during all this past few years and it’s pretty obvious that you didn't really care where the genetics came from as long as you can sell something new and had access to plants to monetize. Period.

You are simply showing that you didn’t do your homework as an aspiring breeder, which is take the time to verify and research the lines you have chosen to work with (especially since your goal was selling them), be it their origin, source, authenticity and so on. Just like a producer does when he intends to use a certain sample for his very own work, asking is free and I’m sure you could reach an agreement like that. Same when you asked me for seeds and assured you didn’t have intentions to use them commercially… if you were honest enough to ask me straight about it, I would have given you my blessing. But instead you acted like a con and pictured yourself.

There is a thin but important line between using someone’s work with his blessing and giving credit when due (honoring both the originator and yourself as a breeder) and just sell the same line you’ve received from someone else from the scracth without even mentioning the originator, neither showing some respect to those who provided the material you are working with. Take the fucking time to do your homework and track the line down so you can give credit when due if you have any honor or respect for those that came before you.

I guess that’s the difference between being an honest and honorable artist rather than a con who only thinks in the short term. But hey, it seems we really need to educate people and show that it’s actually posible to get a living from your passion without the need to step on others and do the right thing. Ethic breeding is possible, besides most people choose the faster and easier path. But how it comes than a commercial breeder doesn't even research and verifies the source of the genetics he's planning to work with and release?

Sure JGL used to be the head of USC but we speak often with him and he told both me and FL that he was taking distance from you and USC because he was so tired from the industry and the cannabussiness. And of course I undersand that. He's a true gentleman who doesn't really want to deal with all this crap and that's why he left the scene. And by the way, I never seen JGL releasing or using any genetics from someone else without his blessing or giving credit when due. Small actions make big difference.

And by the way, obviously selling seeds is easier and less risky than selling buds in an illegal place like France. That’s exactly why so many growers are turning into breeders nowadays, right? Because you can get as much money per seed as per bud and much less legal risks. And plants produce hundreds and thousands of seeds, right? But just a bunch of nice buds. You only need a tent and an internet connection in order to do that. ;)

Anyway good luck with your bussiness but you must remember that it's ONLY your fault if you don't do the right thing and people realizes about it. So don’t fucking pretend the others are getting paranoid and trying to harm your reputation, acting like a victim just in order to justify your very own mistakes and decissions. People has the right to know the truth and the proof is in the pudding.

:thank you:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Big hugs, Musta.

I get hit up every week with people asking me for landraces.
I say no every time.
Then they ask "why not, Coastal is selling landraces" and a little part of me dies.

I do sell seeds, but only my poly hybrids. And only after Ive gotten permission from the person who gave me the seeds to use those as parental stock. And I only sell to those I deem worthy, so I dont make that many sales, nowhere near enough to support myself doing this, its more of a way to compensate garden expenses.
Then I watch all these seed companies make millions and it sickens me to the point of wanting to leave the scene and only talk to a select few through snail mail.
Barefootgardenz/ Ninja Mechanics has infiltrated yet another forum in his quest to get landraces so he can be famous and rich. Seeing that set me off. But thats another story.

I feel landraces and heirlooms are gifts to be entrusted, never sold.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them.

I too have talked to JGL and have been enlightened as to his position and whats been going on. And it further cemented my above views.

The price per gram of flower keeps dropping. It was ~$15/gram 8 yrs ago, now its quickly approaching $1/gram
Seeds were ~$2/seed 8yrs ago and now im seeing some sell a single seed for $150+
The amount of greed and shadiness is astounding in the seed game.
USA pops up with five new seed companies every day.
Ive been ripped off and my gear is being hacked by others but I dont really care - all they have are my poly hybrids. So I went to Emerald Cup and passed out a shit ton of those same poly hybrids - flooding the market so those hacks cant say they have anything exclusive.
It was hilarious because most everyone I passed seeds out to were aghast that I would just hand out a bunch of seeds. But thats because they are greedy and only see dollar signs when they see seeds.

lol. I tried selling seeds at Emerald Cup. Didnt sell one pack. I showed a guy what I had and I guess I wasnt charging enough. Because the guy scoffed and said, "no, Im looking for legit seeds. See these? I paid $400 for this pack." He showed me a pack of cookies hybrid x cookies hybrid x nl x affy x some other hybrid from a "breeder" Ive never heard of.

In all the years Ive been doing this, I only just recently found a person whom Im thinking about handing off a good portion of my vault to so this person can carry on the torch. One person in ten years. And its because he understands the cannabis plant is only one tool in a big toolbox of tools to help people. He's more interested in other plant medicines.
People don't understand that having a vault is quite a burden when youre a steward and not looking to get rich off the plant.
Shit, Im living in my car and have a vault. Everyone keeps telling me I should sell the seeds I have and get rich.
I'd rather keep living in my car, respecting both the plant and those who entrusted me with being Her steward.

Landraces are bestowed, not sold.

Much Love,
~T

B

beanz

Quite often the actions speak much louder than words. Lol there is a big difference between Share and Sell. And if you really wanted to share them why didn't you just give them as freebies then with your very own breeding works? :biggrin:

Isn’t such a shame/coindicence that you didn't know the original source from the Kandahar, neither that LMN didn't want his genetics to be sold when everyone knows that?

Strange as well that everyone else growing the Uzbeki also reported the bubblegum smell... so don't excuse yourself pretending you did a great breeding work on that because all the credit goes to LMN and his protegees, who were spreading their seeds to everyone without asking for anything in return. You really couldn’t have even invested a fraction of the time this guys have been preserving this lines you are cashing on. I’ve been watching you begging for pure indicas to cash on in basically every forums you were registered during all this past few years and it’s pretty obvious that you didn't really care where the genetics came from as long as you can sell something new and had access to plants to monetize. Period.

You are simply showing that you didn’t do your homework as an aspiring breeder, which is take the time to verify and research the lines you have chosen to work with (especially since your goal was selling them), be it their origin, source, authenticity and so on. Just like a producer does when he intends to use a certain sample for his very own work, asking is free and I’m sure you could reach an agreement like that. Same when you asked me for seeds and assured you didn’t have intentions to use them commercially… if you were honest enough to ask me straight about it, I would have given you my blessing. But instead you acted like a con and pictured yourself.

There is a thin but important line between using someone’s work with his blessing and giving credit when due (honoring both the originator and yourself as a breeder) and just sell the same line you’ve received from someone else from the scracth without even mentioning the originator, neither showing some respect to those who provided the material you are working with. Take the fucking time to do your homework and track the line down so you can give credit when due if you have any honor or respect for those that came before you.

I guess that’s the difference between being an honest and honorable artist rather than a con who only thinks in the short term. But hey, it seems we really need to educate people and show that it’s actually posible to get a living from your passion without the need to step on others and do the right thing. Ethic breeding is possible, besides most people choose the faster and easier path. But how it comes than a commercial breeder doesn't even research and verifies the source of the genetics he's planning to work with and release?

Sure JGL used to be the head of USC but we speak often with him and he told both me and FL that he was taking distance from you and USC because he was so tired from the industry and the cannabussiness. And of course I undersand that. He's a true gentleman who doesn't really want to deal with all this crap and that's why he left the scene. And by the way, I never seen JGL releasing or using any genetics from someone else without his blessing or giving credit when due. Small actions make big difference.

And by the way, obviously selling seeds is easier and less risky than selling buds in an illegal place like France. That’s exactly why so many growers are turning into breeders nowadays, right? Because you can get as much money per seed as per bud and much less legal risks. And plants produce hundreds and thousands of seeds, right? But just a bunch of nice buds. You only need a tent and an internet connection in order to do that. ;)

Anyway good luck with your bussiness but you must remember that it's ONLY your fault if you don't do the right thing and people realizes about it. So don’t fucking pretend the others are getting paranoid and trying to harm your reputation, acting like a victim just in order to justify your very own mistakes and decissions. People has the right to know the truth and the proof is in the pudding.

:thank you:
its never nice to see internet battles nor nice to be involved in them ....though some seem to gather round for them .
its very easy too see in alot cases though, who is the one on the moral high ground :tiphat:

herbgreen

Veteran
I think I may be on the opposite counter point to you thcvhunter

I think landraces or landrace IBLs shared for a workingman's price helps keep em alive

maybe the hybrids should be the freebies

The landraces or heirloom IBLs are the originals pure in form

The hybrids are our experiments

Its seems like a long time ago if you had a hybrid it was a big deal very sought after because it was worked not some unpredictable landrace from imported brick

Now it seems its just the opposite

I would like to see landraces made available its the only way to keep them from fading into obscurity

And they are being sold

Ace
CBG
Tom Hill
Mandala
Snowhigh
Bodhi
Reeferman
Gypsy Nirvana
Real seed Company

Surely you cant be saying This about these folks....

thcvhunter quote;

"landraces and heirlooms are gifts to be entrusted, never sold.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them. "

Shady activities will always exist I'm not sure the exact wrinkle in this case but think about it...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I think I may be on the opposite counter point to you thcvhunter

I think landraces or landrace IBLs shared for a workingman's price helps keep em alive

maybe the hybrids should be the freebies

The landraces or heirloom IBLs are the originals pure in form

The hybrids are our experiments

Its seems like a long time ago if you had a hybrid it was a big deal very sought after because it was worked not some unpredictable landrace from imported brick

Now it seems its just the opposite

I would like to see landraces made available its the only way to keep them from fading into obscurity

And they are being sold

Ace
CBG
Tom Hill
Mandala
Snowhigh
Bodhi
Reeferman
Gypsy Nirvana
Real seed Company

Surely you cant be saying This about these folks....

thcvhunter quote;

"landraces and heirlooms are gifts to be entrusted, never sold.
Anytime I see someone sell a landrace I know 1) its prolly not real and 2) they fucked at least one person over to get those and now sell them. "

Shady activities will always exist I'm not sure the exact wrinkle in this case but think about it...

I hear this counter argument all too often, like every time.

But what you dont realize is that these Landraces are safe and are being preserved, in private communities.
So no need to pass them out to everyone and Im sorry you dont understand the point of not selling them.

Also, Im sorry you dont understand the importance of keeping these landraces out of the hands of those who would patent them, like corporations, thus making most hybrids fall under their patent.

ACE is shady as fuck, sorry that you havent been keepingup on wjat Musta and I have been saying.
Reeferman too. He sold Congo that is really NL x Congo x mexi x affy but said its Congo landrace.

Only those who know, know.

The level of entitlement - everyone thinking they have the right to be sold or given landraces - is beyond tiring.

Feel free to pay a lot of momey for Coastal's Panama hybrid x hashplant that he calls a Panama landrace.

Maybe you dont understand the detriment that placing monetary value on landraces has on the purity of landraces. By making landraces valuable, it gets shady people to take a hybrid and sell it as a landrace, thus muddying the genetic pool.

Go ahead and buy Bangi Haze from ACE, which is NL x Congo x mexi x affy x white widow.... but dont ever think or pass it off as being Congo landrace x Nepalese landrace.

Ive got a lot of enemies in the community for taking genetic purity so seriously, but you know who's not my enemy? The plant.

Good luck on your journey

herbgreen

Veteran
Also, Im sorry you dont understand the importance of keeping these landraces out of the hands of those who would patent them, like corporations, thus making most hybrids fall under their patent.

The longer something is in the public domain the harder it is to patent...

Seems to me all these seeds came out of a brick or a block of hash at some point and whoever obtained it payed money for it

Or they visited the point of origin and payed money for it

Maybe they traded something for it?

In your case you may have the distinct fortune to blessed and gifted the landrace strains that you have be entrusted with keeping

Im picturing a square stone building of polished granite with a tightly manicured lawn and distinctly vacant appearance

The letter 'G' is carved boldly above the door "for ganja"

You probably meet in the basement and enter via clandestine tunnel to gather round with other cloaked individuals to receive these sacred seeds

I do understand the mentality

You have been sworn to only make outcrosses with your gifts never let it out in pure form ever

That's great if you can protect what you got That's perfectly fine!

No, I dont think I really dig the 200$ for 5 seeds deal

But this is marketing 101

Increase perceived value by raising the price and Increase perceived urgency by limiting the availablity to the extreme

Or, maybe it was something they never really wanted to sell in the first place so they priced it out of this world and limited it bigtime?

I'm all for revealing whatever there is to know about these strains for sale....great

Thanks for revealing this info about bangi Hz

I like to think for myself and do my own homework so if I dont agree with all everyone says thats just the way it is

I believe landrace genetics are important and you have been trusted with what you got thats what you have to do

Eventually cuts get out there and plants get seeded its just how nature works it wont be contained

Now who is creating a inflated value once they do hit the market ??

And they will hit the market

If it is out there lets find the correct story that goes with it....

I have alot of respect for the ACE people for their work and preservation of OldTimer'sHaze and their quest to bring outdoor sativas to cold climates

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
The longer something is in the public domain the harder it is to patent...

Seems to me all these seeds came out of a brick or a block of hash at some point and whoever obtained it payed money for it

Or they visited the point of origin and payed money for it

Maybe they traded something for it?

In your case you may have the distinct fortune to blessed and gifted the landrace strains that you have be entrusted with keeping

Im picturing a square stone building of polished granite with a tightly manicured lawn and distinctly vacant appearance

The letter 'G' is carved boldly above the door "for ganja"

You probably meet in the basement and enter via clandestine tunnel to gather round with other cloaked individuals to receive these sacred seeds

I do understand the mentality

You have been sworn to only make outcrosses with your gifts never let it out in pure form ever

That's great if you can protect what you got That's perfectly fine!

No, I dont think I really dig the 200$ for 5 seeds deal

But this is marketing 101

Increase perceived value by raising the price and Increase perceived urgency by limiting the availablity to the extreme

Or, maybe it was something they never really wanted to sell in the first place so they priced it out of this world and limited it bigtime?

I'm all for revealing whatever there is to know about these strains for sale....great

Thanks for revealing this info about bangi Hz

I like to think for myself and do my own homework so if I dont agree with all everyone says thats just the way it is

I believe landrace genetics are important and you have been trusted with what you got thats what you have to do

Eventually cuts get out there and plants get seeded its just how nature works it wont be contained

Now who is creating a inflated value once they do hit the market ??

And they will hit the market

If it is out there lets find the correct story that goes with it....

I have alot of respect for the ACE people for their work and preservation of OldTimer'sHaze and their quest to bring outdoor sativas to cold climates

Great post HG and love the imagination. I pictured it as clear as you stated it about the sacred facility. Awesome...:biggrin:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I respect the 'preservers' but think sharing is the right way. Let the chips fall where they may.

USC is almost giving their seeds away at their price. Not getting a bad feeling on Cristalin at all.

Dog Star

Veteran
I respect the 'preservers' but think sharing is the right way. Let the chips fall where they may.

USC is almost giving their seeds away at their price. Not getting a bad feeling on Cristalin at all.

Thats true,preservers are too much manic in keeping this landraces
close to self... like they will loose importance if they share wide
and deep,on the other hand they usually bitchin how some strains
are loosed thru time...i bet just that same this preservers have good chunk of guilt why some stuff dissapear if they hold it too strong.. also those Cristalin prices are very low compared to everything else on market... i dont take for bad this kind of breeders as in the
end they made stuff avaible for people,not like their collegues that keep genetics tight and in narrow circle.. selfish..

troutman

Seed Whore
So much for finding out which is the most potent Indica around.

This thread has been derailed in my view with shit slinging like so many others.

hoki2test

Veteran
I always thought Purple Haze was the most potent Indica in the World?.....JOKES.......just trying to get people to lighten up

covert

Around here there's three Sensi Hindu Kush going and while I haven't tried them obviously all 3 turned out female. 2 are in 1L pots and another is in a 4L and they have grown magnificently.

Nothing can stop them. The biggest is easily 65cm and has been “supercropped” thrice at the main stalk and many more on the resulting branches this just takes it all in its stride.

They're under 12:12 from seed and flowered at 3.5 weeks. Within two weeks of flowering they're just powering on. Each day brings almost a doubling of pistil numbers.

In coco they've been left a bit dry and wilted two or three times and they just keep on keeping on.

The 3 all have a sativa leaning and longer internodes, narrower leaf phenotype.

Don't know what sort of smoke they'll be and whether they're real landrace Hindu Kush but it's said that this very strain has been the progenitor to a huge part of today's family tree of hybrids.

Time will tell.

covert

Thats true,preservers are too much manic in keeping this landraces
close to self... like they will loose importance if they share wide
and deep,on the other hand they usually bitchin how some strains
are loosed thru time...i bet just that same this preservers have good chunk of guilt why some stuff dissapear if they hold it too strong.. also those Cristalin prices are very low compared to everything else on market... i dont take for bad this kind of breeders as in the
end they made stuff avaible for people,not like their collegues that keep genetics tight and in narrow circle.. selfish..

I deleted a couple of paragraphs on these lines and deleted them deciding that one more person saying it won't make a difference.

But I've decided that instead of trying to state it, that I do it. I practice it. Action, action, action. From the past several smokes I've realised that I have been blessed at the first stroke to have gotten two very nice females yielding effects that seem finely tuned by generations of hands that have been involved in that plant's life that I witnessed.

How it got to me is not important but the fact it did is important, to me. The next generation is already exponentially increased with new genetics from a sativa male hopefully elevating these to another level. The hand of fate is mysterious they say.

You can bet that when eyes are opened around here and people need the medicine, there'll be no stopping of those genetics getting out there with the work of my hands stamped on the new plants in its invisible blockchain in the sky ;)

That the plant went through my hands freely to it's new carer is enough to satisfy me.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Most potent indica is Affy/Paki
For a single region...Paktika

Leb, Nepal, Morrocan are nice and gentle.