What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finding the best solution to put the dankest weed on a website

kinesis

Can it be done? I have a site I want to make that will feature the dankest weed and where to buy it, if it's in stock, etc. What companies should I partner with to find this data? Where is the data on the world's dankest bud supply.. I want to make a top ten if possible (#1 would be the world's dankest)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
For the most part, that's subjective in the extreme. The only thing you can do is start your research. But if you're not already familiar with what you can already get, by the time you get your list together, it'll be out of date.

Start with seed finder, but you'll have to find the small breeders that aren't listed for the real gems.

Good luck

Weedmaps.com would be a lot better overall if it wasn't the slowest website/app ever made.

Stickyguide.com works a little better for finding specific strains at multiple locations.

Hope that helps.

F

Freedom45

Can it be done? I have a site I want to make that will feature the dankest weed and where to buy it, if it's in stock, etc. What companies should I partner with to find this data? Where is the data on the world's dankest bud supply.. I want to make a top ten if possible (#1 would be the world's dankest)

Sorry to say but I’ve met 12 year olds with better business ideas........

troutman

Seed Whore
After a little research he'll find how deep the rabbit hole goes and change his mind. On his own.

Like this? :)

341084516_4d21d2fc88.jpg

ic

ic

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yup.
It's a world where nothing makes much sense. One person says a strain is Awesome, and another will say it's Crap.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
If you look at the time and money Weedmaps are investing, you are facing a massive uphill task trying to compete with them, they have already invested millions, have staff in different countries, inertia.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If you look at the time and money Weedmaps are investing, you are facing a massive uphill task trying to compete with them, they have already invested millions, have staff in different countries, inertia.

I think he just wants to do a top 10 thing. Kinda doable if he tries to do it by region and maybe medical symptom or something. I know a couple people who want to try it for a couple different symptoms, and there's very little on the web about it. They ask me like I'm a frigging doctor and I have to go hunting for strains for them TO TRY, because they know absolutely ZERO about weed. "Indica" and "Sativa" are new words to them ffs. So some type of wizard website would be good for that.

"Please select a checkbox for every symptom you want to treat."

In fact, 99% of legitimate family doctors could use something like that to help them narrow down the choices. I did find one website attempt, but it looked like an abandoned attempt.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Yes, it would be great, but we are entering the era of "proprietary information" ... people are starting to keep things to themselves, competition is starting in earnest.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yes, it would be great, but we are entering the era of "proprietary information" ... people are starting to keep things to themselves, competition is starting in earnest.

"Proprietary information" has always been with us. Remo Nutrients will tell you what it'll do for your plants, but they sure as hell won't give you the recipe for it. I see that shit in offices all the time. From a business perspective, it's called information dependance. That where you have to depend on someone else to get the job done. That very bad, and in many cases can get you fired, but it happens all the time. It's normal for some people to not give everything away, and if they do, some keep key information from you. I hate that shit.

But these forums solve that. The Grow Journals are a perfect example of it. Share and grow wiser brother.

Absolem

For $40.00 you can have an analysis done on any fertilizer at JR. Peters. Majority of the fertilizer companies catering to cannabis growers buy their salts from Hafia and Yara. They take those salts mix them in water and sell it at cut throat rates making their buyers think they really bought something special.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
"Proprietary information" has always been with us. Remo Nutrients will tell you what it'll do for your plants, but they sure as hell won't give you the recipe for it. I see that shit in offices all the time. From a business perspective, it's called information dependance. That where you have to depend on someone else to get the job done. That very bad, and in many cases can get you fired, but it happens all the time. It's normal for some people to not give everything away, and if they do, some keep key information from you. I hate that shit.

But these forums solve that. The Grow Journals are a perfect example of it. Share and grow wiser brother.

I had not actually heard the term "information dependence" but I understand it totally, having worked in IT... a geeky mate of mine got a job at a medium sized company 25 years ago and set up everything, knew everything... nobody else did... So he left, and became a contractor, milked them big time through information dependence.

I do agree that we should share, and that you can glean a lot of information from these forums, but the McBud corporations will also be reading an that is why some people are not shouting from the rooftops about little things they find out.

So you want a list of caretakers for the dispensary mafia to target and wipe out?

Dispensaries dont have good Cannabis, at all.

The dankest dank doesn't need to be sold. That shit sells itself before harvest. Not to no licensed monopoly outlet.

Regular folk will never have access to the dankest.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Google ads or facebook ads can be used to target anyone, with very fine tuning.