What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

? Anyone ever seen this.

I was just turning some buds I cut a few days age. On the main cola of one of Gypsy's Hindu Kush, there was resin ozing out of 3-4 buds. It is like light colored honey and the size of a small drop of water.

These buds will be set aside for a special taste test.

Yeah Capt. Resin doesn't ooze out quite like you described. I remember a post at OverThere where a grower thought their buds were freaks because they had so much resin that it shook off the plant. They had moldy buds.

I'm not sure at all. I chopped 4 plants a few days ago and one this mourning. The stuff is real thick and sticky.

I have not seen any bugs. Now you got me thinking I could be smoking bug excrement. I'll let someone else do the taste test.

Well don't toss the buds until you try to verify WTF this oozing liquid is. Worst case scenario is that you make hash or oil from the questionable ones. I haven't heard any horror stories about smoking infested buds. Moldy ones have killed people with allergies to mold.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
your highness is right,
even if you have mold, or bugs for that matter, this will all be seperated from the glands during the water extraction process.

PLEASE, don't let someone else taste them till you know for sure. it might make them sick.
if you can post some pics that might help. like i said i've never seen this but someone else here might have.

some questions that might help if answered,
how are you growing. (bushy or single cola)
size of the buds
temperature
humidity
indica or sativa dominant.
frequency of watering
have you sprayed anything, such as a foliar feed during flowering at all

I really need a digicam! I'm 95% sure it's not mold. It is an untopped indica grow in dirt, never sprayed and low humidity.
I like to dry the main colas intact, kinda like a big donkey dick.

When I top and trim, I put the buds in a food dehydrater at 90 F max temp for 24 hrs and then on and off for another day or 2.

I appreciate the input. Maybe its just sap?

My mold story was a reference. Yours is a similar story. But I don't think it is a mold either. So this plant is not drying whole but in pieces? Could this substance be the fluid that weed protects its injuries with? I know when I top my plants that need it they secrete a clear or slightly reddish fluid. I harvest dry and light deprivated but if you chopped it close to a watering it may just be leaking excess fluids. I keep mine as a whole plant drying for about 5 days and then seperate the branches from the main stalk and let them hang some more. Hey but I'm Colonel Kurtz and my methods have become ......unsound.

Chronis X

Don't worry, lets just get safe

Don't worry, lets just get safe

I have a LSD plant thats ooz'n so much sticky - its scary -
some times the right plant food will bring out the best -

be safe!!!!

cut down the humidity - if its @ 35% bring it down to 25% - no since keeping a wet plant even wetter ( if wetter is a word ) - during this time if your grow spot can handle a little more heat - let it happen no higher than 87 degre's - nothing wrong with being safe with an ooz'n wet plant.

have fun with the ooz'n - if you get a chance to find some dripping on leaves - scoup it up and freeze - yes I know it will only be big as a water drop - after freeze smoke it:D - good buzz

This plant is drying Chronis X and it sounds more like a HoneyDew than anything that naturally occurs. Yes the glands appear ready to drip when nicely done but they don't get the size of water drops do they?? They do oxidize and break off or burst but DRIP come on. I'm not saying nay but I'm finding this hard to believe. Show me pics of a healthy plant oozing resin.

Pactivist

happened to me once

happened to me once

I had this same thing happen to one of my plants. I still have no clue as to what it was, but we did the smoke test and no-one died. I think it was an accumulation of resin from ruptured resin glands, which were popped either by heat or friction of me touching them. tasted kinda like a flower or incense or something like that, got us high, nothing spectacular. so just hit it, it wont kill ya!;)

Thanx guys-

Right now I'm looking for mothers to clone, so I chop the top 1/2 of the plant and clip the other branches, leaving growth sites to reveg.

The buds were sticky, but only 1 was sorta stuck to the plastic mesh. It was as I described and I thought WTF is this?

What is honey dew? I've grown just about everything from apples to zuchinni and I've never heard of it.

Hippo

Trichome Juice

Trichome Juice

Break a leaf of at its base, it will bleed a sap like substance.
Im almost 100% sure thats wat this is.
Its been posted twice on OG now, that this thing was a giant trichome, and the ppl who posted them werent jokin either but it was quickly prove that it was sap from a broken stem or leaf stem, making the ppl who thought it was a giant trichome look rather silly :D
U could smoke it but it wouldnt get u high.
Its not possible that a trichome broke and resin oozed out, they dont have reservoir's of trichome juice under there skin :) wouldnt that be cool though, lol
Hippo

Latest posts

Latest posts