What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubble Bags- detailed instructions?

teddynugent

Hello all,

A friend of mine just let me borrow his bubble bags. It's a 5-bag kit. I read through the directions at the BubbleBags site, browsed through the GrowFAQ at OG, and skimmed through posts here and at OG. I really didn't find any directions.

Can you tell me how much trim should be used at a time for the best results? I have a big garbage bag half full of leaf (it's gotta be over a LB), and I'd like to get it all done as quick as possible, but I don't want any to go to waste.
Also, anyone have a guess as to how much hash I'll get from that amount of leaf? Almost all the leaf is very frosty....mmmm....

I am looking for detailed instructions on how to use these bags right. This is my first time, and I don't want to make any beginner mistakes. I also want to get the highest quality hash possible. I don't want any of the leaf to go to waste either. I want every last crystal

Any information and/or links you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find some very nicely detailed instructions or a step-by-step tutorial. I'm also looking for tricks and tips from those with experience using the bags.

Thank you in advance for any help,

-Teddy

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
are you looking for quality or quantity

the best bubblehash i've ever had was made using only 2 of the bags provided
the 73
and the 220
plus a 120 mesh silkscreen for the final pour.

this technique is used with fresh frozen trim, (not dried)

i'm still learning it myself as my roommate is the one who came up with it but when he's back in town i'll post more detail. (about a week and a half)
sorry if thats not much help to ya

G

right on

I have used less bags before as well, the 73 and the 220. It worked well and cut down on alot of time draining bags.

G

guest123

i use close on a pound of trim in a set of 5 gallon bags ... if you check out bubblemans site there should be a good set of intructions there .... ive found it to be a trial and error learning process for me , initially i was getting shitty stuff , but attribute that to old worn bags and overbeating ... since i have new ones and beat much easier , and often with a wooden paddle .. lol ... i get a much better product , soft sticky and she melts just right ... last batch of bubble done with seeded bud yielded some fantastic golden full melt ... dont expect a heap of return , and hang on to that 73 for dear life , that and the 45 are the nicest in my books ... and be clean , keep your bags real clean , wash as soon as you remove the hash ...

G

guest123

oh by the way use all of them , i only miss out the 190 as i dont like it or the 160 , the 120 is often ok , but you definately want to keep it out of the 73 and have it seperate and so on ,, theres many bags for a reason ...

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
great point on the wooden paddle wallyduck
that in my observations has been a big problem for a lot of people
(beating it too much that is)
hmmm, that sounded kind of perverse huh:D

anyway if you like your bubble fresh then break your pound into smaller batches and make it as you need it. that's assuming your lef is dry because a half garbage bag is a lot of leaf an for it to only weigh a pound it must be dry. with fresh frozen i agree with wally
i likes it fresh;)

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
fresh but well frozen.
more ice the merrier, avariety of sizes is better.

be clean always check your shirt cuffs, for bits of green or better yet wear a t-shirt.

I rinse the hash while on the screen to wash away anything that gets stuck in the wet resin pile.

DRY YOUR HASH COMPLETELY BEFORE PRESSING.

I don't remember anything in Bubbleman's instructions about beating the bags. Could someone explain this process?

Forfingoz

teddynugent

Thank you all for so many responses. I appreciate it.

NateTheGreat- They did have pretty good directions at the bubblebag site, but, like I said in my above post, it still left me with some questions. Plus, I wanted to ask people that have used them a whole bunch of times cause when you have experience with a process like that, your going to pick up on little tricks and stuff the more you use them. Know what I mean?

mybeans420- As far as the weight, I was just guessing. I know that it's gotta be more than a pound. I've got no idea how much more than a pound it is. Like I said, I just guessed.

Thanks for the good info though. Same goes for trichomefarmer and wallyduck.

So, I should use all the trim at once? It is still semi wet. That doesn't really matter though? Should it be put in the freezer first? I always freeze whatever trim I use when just running it across my little home-made kif screen, but does it really matter if the trim is frozen when I need to dump a bunch og ice in there anyways? Thanks again for all the help guys.

-Teddy

G

guest123

yeppo , keep it in the freezer , add a heap of ice , gott a make it real cold , and youll get the hang of the rest as you practice , and find a product your happy with ..

G

guest123

here is one i was happy with , and ive experience better since , thats half the fun i think,not knowing exactly what your going to get ,,, and the tast is adorable and very similar to the buds it came from ...
7the_final_result_some_drying_left-med.jpg

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
freezing

freezing

by freezing it you are making the glands more brittle allowing them to snap off more easily

when at room temperature the glands are more pliable and sticky

teddynugent

Oh, I thought of another question.....

My friend gave me the bags pretty dirty. The screens were never washed off after he used them last:mad: Is this stuff left on there going to come off with a good rinse of plain water?

Basically, the only questions I have are these:

-Should the trim be wet or dry? Does it matter?

-Should the trim be frozen first?

-Does all the trim have to be ground up? If so, how finely does it have to be ground? I have a hell of a lot of leaf. What would be the fastest way to get it ground right if it needs to? A blender?

-Out of the 5 bags, which are most likely to produce hash I'd want to keep. I think the first 2 are almost all crap, and the last 3 are the better ones? You basically go by the way it looks right?

Like I mentioned before, if you guys/gals have any tricks that you've picked up along the way, please share them with me.

>EDIT< I forgot to ask about pressing. I don't have one of those pressing screens like they show on the BB site. How should I dry and press my hash?

Thanks again,

-Teddy

Last edited:

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
teddynugent said:
Oh, I thought of another question.....

My friend gave me the bags pretty dirty. The screens were never washed off after he used them last:mad: Is this stuff left on there going to come off with a good rinse of plain water?

********* probably not, scrob them with a SOFT nylon bristled brush and warm soapY water. rinse thoroughly**************

Basically, the only questions I have are these:

-Should the trim be wet or dry? Does it matter?

*********wet imho********

-Should the trim be frozen first?

*********yes*********

-Does all the trim have to be ground up? If so, how finely does it have to be ground? I have a hell of a lot of leaf. What would be the fastest way to get it ground right if it needs to? A blender?

*********no, again imho this will diminish quality as it make plant matter smaller and able to pass through the screens more easily*************

-Out of the 5 bags, which are most likely to produce hash I'd want to keep. I think the first 2 are almost all crap, and the last 3 are the better ones? You basically go by the way it looks right?

***********there are varying opinions, but we only use the 220 and 73 along with a 120 silkscreen ( a little trick i'll elaborate on when my roomate arrives)*************

Like I mentioned before, if you guys/gals have any tricks that you've picked up along the way, please share them with me.

**************i have a couple. including one he dubbed "the slow pour" when he gets back i'll photograph the whole process and explain how WE do it in greater detail ***********

>EDIT< I forgot to ask about pressing. I don't have one of those pressing screens like they show on the BB site. How should I dry and press my hash?

actually we don't press ours and it still bubbles and melts just fine. just let it sit till its dry in a patty and if you want to press it you can boil 2 bricks and use a vice to press it between them.
you should wrap your patty first in plastic wrap and then moist newspaper and wrad your brick with damp cloth

Thanks again,

-Teddy

you're very welcome

Last edited:

JLP

Veteran
Always clean your screens with rubbing alcohol.I clean mine every time.The 73 and 25 will gum up easy.

You can use wet or dry.Wet gives a little less yeild,but better quality(less green).Dry will give a better yeild,but if you mix too much there will be plant material in you hash(more green).I try to use mine when it's in the middle.If it's just right to roll a joint,it's just right for bubble.

You can freeze the weed,but it warms up to the temp of the water as soon as you put it in the bucket.A more effective option is to refigerate the water you're going to use overnight,you want the water temp as low as you can get it.

Trim is usually broken up enough already and the mixer will break it up even more.Grinding or blending the herb can break down the herb until it goes right through the screen and contaminates your hash(more green).I've tried different mixing methods and you can't do better than a cheap old cake mixer.

Usually 73u is the best,but in the end it's the one that does a little resin dance in your pipe that is the best.You want to seperate the resin heads from the stalks,but different strains will have different size heads,so your beast quality screen will vary.

I have a pressing screen but I don't press.I scrape the hash on to a paper suface(cardboard,paper towels) then I crumble it up into small peices so it will dry faster.I usually put mine in the fridge to dry.A frost free fridge will dry it in a few days.If you press it while wet it can mold inside the hash.
Crumble,dry completely,and then press.Although pressing really isn't required.

JLP:)

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
great points JLP,
just to expand on one thing, if you do choose to use wet using wallys mentioned wooden spoon technique, whats left over in the trim makes great butter for edibles.
that way nothing's wasted.
except for you that is;)

teddynugent

mybeans420- Once again, thank you for taking the time to type all that out. I'm glad to hear you say that I don't have to chop it all up! You answered basically every question I still had on this process.

mybeans420, trichomefarmer, and wallyduck- If you would like, I will send you a piece of the finished product. Send me a private message if interested. I figure since you guys took the time to post all that info and help me out, I'll reward you for your time, that is if you are interested. I will be making it today and maybe tomorrow depending on how long it takes. I was doing some more reading and read in a couple places that you should only use 200-300grams at a time because if you use a ton, it said that you could miss some of the trim. So, I think that's what I'll do. Plus, if I do it that way and screw something up for some reason, at least it won't be with all the trim that I have.

One last time, thank you. I'll take some pictures as I go. I'll be using the trim off a strain called Blitz. I have a thread on it over at OG(maybe here too, I don't remember) with some pics of some dried nugs I had left from harvest. I'd post the link but I cannot get OverGrow to load right now. If you'd like to see some pictures, check out my gallery at OG, or look through my posts for a thread called "Blitz".

Wish me luck and a nice high quality yield,

-Teddy

>EDIT<- The Bubble Hash offer goes for you too JLP. I would love to send you some. You give away so many free seeds that I'd like to kind of return the favor (even though I never got any of your seeds) ;) Man, the pics I see around of your strains are friggin amazing! I have your Condoleeza99 set as my wall-paper LOL. Anyway, if your interested just send me a PM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts