What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lambsbread?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lambsbread Perry

View Image

Wow nice pic BudGreen......this plant in the pic here"lambsbread perry" looks very similar to a Genius Thai plant I have in the ground. I know there probably worlds apart but the leaves are close....maybe not as thin but this Thai plant has very thin sativa leaves. It's close enough that I know this Thai fem I have is leaning very sativaish. Now if I'll ever see her finish is another thing....not sure the flowering time but she's in the ground ready for the long run. I'm not comparing this Thai plant of mine to the legendary lambsbread I'm just saying the leaves have that sativa look to them....gets me excited to have a 90% sativa or more.:tiphat:

kro-magnon

Veteran
If your Genius Thai is from Bodhi it's not a real thai cross but Genius x Lemon Thai (from Dutch Flowers a 9/10 weeks hybrid), it's a nice cross if that's what you have you're lucky and you should harvest these beauty after 9/10 weeks of flowering.

al70

Veteran
I'm bumping this really old thread here for several reasons...
One of which is the fact that the latest thread about "Lambsbread" ,was just closed by the mods because several members chose to use it for their personal, little girl cat fight.

The OP's picture looks like it could possibly be a new grow of some sort of old Jamaican sativa..
I can't say one way or the other whether it's descended from lambsbread or not..
But I will say this; I sure hope the OP saved those seeds and grew them out!

I spent several months way back in the hills of Jamaica on my first two trips there in 1972 and '73... I had only been toking for about 4 years by then.
Really, "Lambsbread" was explained to me by my new rasta friends back then, as not really being a single strain of it's own,
but more of a term used to describe any of several strains which were superior in many aspects to the majority of other sativa strains grown in Jamaica back then...
But to be honest, all the ganja I smoked there was brain soaring weed without a hint of Indica like couch-lock, body numbing effect.
The grass energized and lifted your mind and your body...

You need to remember, there were no wide leaf varieties of marijuana in Jamaica at that time.
It was the influx of hippie tourists, mostly from Europe,
who began bringing Indica seeds there in the mid and late '70's and later, which led to Jamaican weed becoming the hybrid which it is mostly today..
By my fourth and last trip to Jamaica in 1994, the weed had changed completely, and I personally did not like it at all.

Now, on that last trip I was there with my ex-wife,
so I wasn't able to go traipsing all over the hills looking for an unadulterated sativa , similar to the ganja I smoked there on my first three trips...
But I'm sure if I had had the time by myself, I probably could have found it by venturing deep into the hills as I had done on my first three journeys there...

Here are a couple pictures from that first trip in 1972...
The first one is in the hills, but still in a somewhat populated and beautifully farmed area...
The second picture is getting further back and is typical of the roads I hiked on to get to the trails which led me far back to where many of the
real rastas lived a life which excluded most of the modern conveniences.
But damn, they sure smoked great ganja back there, and plenty of it!

wow, i can only imagine bud, what a journey, :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I'm not saying it's a real Thai plant....I'm just saying the leaves are super thin like the lambsbread pic. I'm not sure were the seeds are from a friend gifted them, but there Genius Thai and she's a nice looking fem. I'm happy with her!!!...Back to the Lambsbread !!!!

Norcal has a regular supply of Lambsbread that is actually very good weed but without question has been changed from these old school sativas.

I don't know the actual history of it, but I thought for quite a while it was Lambsbreath, not Lambsbread, that was the term for the Jamaican sativas.

I still grab some whenever I see it. A local dispensary had some outdoor or LD that was 15 an eighth and supposedly tested out at almost 20%. Good deal...still, not one of the the recent Haze's, Lambsbread, Skunk's, or any other sativa I've bought at a dispensary has been remotely close to the stuff I had in the late 80's.

I like a lot of the new strains, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that weed got diluted out in the 90's where the old stuff got kind of lost.

I'm sure some of the old goodness is still around, I just don't know the right people. I don't know one person who grows for a living who runs anything past 10 weeks... math is math.

bigAl25

Veteran
Bud, I loved your story and your trip to Jamaica for a visit with some Rasta's, Bully. My wife and I have been there 15 times and we are going back in September for another visit to Negril Bloody Bay. I have found that the best ganja I have obtained there was from a rasta. I will ask for some Lambsbread,sativa, on this trip, but it may be next to impossible to find it in 2018. We have hired bartenders from the resorts, and some water sports guys as our personal guides for the day too. It's the most fun you can have on the island and see things, eats, and people none of the tourists see. It is a hoot and we need to do it again this trip. Great story, Mon. I'll have some jerk chicken, a ting, and a red stripe for you when we get there. Irie, Mon and may the Lambsbread live on.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Have a great trip Al, and if you get the chance, please drink a cool Guinness stout for me!

Back on my first trip there, hiking thru the hills one day, on my quest for adventure and some fine Jamaican weed,
I was walking down tiny dirt roads which were more for pedestrians and had extremely little car traffic, I met these young boys...
As I walked along, and having seen maybe two beat-up pickup trucks all day,
these boys could see I had a camera slung outside my backpack and they came running up to me with big smiles and asked me to take their picture...

They had been playing the English game of Cricket, with their homemade Cricket bats.
I asked them to pose for me, and it was their idea to pose like they were playing the game...

We talked a bit, I took their picture and they came running back to me asking to see the picture!
I realized they thought my camera was a Polaroid camera...
With sadness, I explained to them that my camera didn't work like that...
I could tell they were a little disappointed, but they continued to laugh and ask me more questions... I don't think they had seen many white men before.

Every time I look at this picture, I wish there was some way I could find them and finally give them a copy of it!
These boys would all be 54 to 58 year old men by now!

Attachments

• 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 20