What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are these balls? plant from feminised seed wtf

doams

Strain is Dp Durban poison started from feminized seeds pack under 12/12 currently @day23 today noticed this

picture.php

picture.php

How is this possible and will it revert to female flowers?
I cant have male from feminized seeds right?

herbgreen

Veteran
could just be a plain old male

If its not a hermi you might be able to use it to make some seeds

There is a very small number of males that appear in female seed production

looks like it could just be a male either way get it away from any females you dont want seeded

They open up fast!

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Is this a common thing with female seeds?

Not really. In my experience, getting some male banana sacks at the very end of bloom is common. Still though, even though the seeds are supposedly female, it’s the luck of the draw. I would also take an extra look at environment when growing feminized seeds.

weedtoker

Veteran
It's a less probable event statistically but it can and I've seen it happen... It will make mostly fem population, some more intersex prone than others.

cheers

doams

hm could RH under and around 20 cause this coz had this extreme low RH lately..and fan was blowing this low RH air at her/him from the start..maybe that stressed her/him.

anyway gonna end her/him and start over..

How is this possible and will it revert to female flowers?
One or more of the parents carried genes for intersex. In this case some offspring will express intersex. It can happen with regular breeding too.

I cant have male from feminized seeds right?
No it is not possible to get a true male from female/female breeding, unless it is from stray male pollen seeding their mother plants when setting seed.

zif

Veteran
Is this a recent pack? Dutch Passion doesn't seem to list a fem version right now, although they do have an auto Durban Poison.... May be a mix-up with the vendor?

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah f@#*ing balls !

Yeah f@#*ing balls !

I'm not amazed by this not so singular case .

Well feminised seeds are not 100% guaranted they are so called "99% female " .

I have read things about 3 people who had a male in an OGkush fem seedpack from RQS .

So you did not have chance on this plant, it's always a loss of time and energy and stash . But you are not the only one. And it's more "manageable" than a slight hermie .

All the best for next one ! And good grow to everyone

zif

Veteran
^ Thanks, The Skunkist! I was curious if they listed the ‘dad’ and must have seen right through the listing. ;-)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I'm not amazed by this not so singular case .

Well feminised seeds are not 100% guaranted they are so called "99% female " .

I have read things about 3 people who had a male in an OGkush fem seedpack from RQS .

So you did not have chance on this plant, it's always a loss of time and energy and stash . But you are not the only one. And it's more "manageable" than a slight hermie .

All the best for next one ! And good grow to everyone

Statistically, I think it is more like 99.5+% Females. Unless there is a problem with the line.

A friend in a backward prohibition country had no access to clones, so he bought 500 Fem seeds from a mate here who runs a shop. The generic unbranded seeds Spanish grow shops sell, he has 3 males/500, he knew to check, spotted them, no problems.

Latest posts

Latest posts