What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Theorganicguy

Erdpurt P9 sprouted around beginning of March. She has been flowering since beginning of April and looks like she won't stop, even though we already hit 14:30 hours of light. It's probably the mountains shading some of the incoming rays and the cold temperatures that keep her going.
Classical berry-earthy aromas.

Attachments

• photo2041429.jpg
    photo2041429.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 62
  • photo2041430.jpg
    photo2041430.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2041431.jpg
    photo2041431.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 62

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A cross between ErdPurt and Purple Satellite should produce an interesting outcome TexasTea :)
Both strains are semi autoflowering so hopefully the early flowering onset outdoors is consistent in the hybrid. Please, keep us update!

Cute Theorganicguy ;) ErdPurt likes to start to flower here at 37ºN as soon as July, when the photoperiod is approx 15/9.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Cute babies TexasTea :huggy:
Please, keep us updated when you have the chance, curious to learn more about this promising cross of ErdPurt with Purple Satellite.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Well, with our crazy early spells of intense hot weather these have stretched more than I would have liked. Or maybe it's the Purple Satellite influence...whatever it is, they are getting tall rather quickly. I did top them but the internodes are much longer than I would have liked. Still cool to see them in my garden next to my vegetables this year...we shall see if they can survive the deer.

Theorganicguy

I rechecked my notes and these turn out to be PCK x Erdpurt crossed with Purple Satellite male.

I'm digging the re-stemmed one in the middle! Now that you even brought Erdpurt x PCK up my attention is more than captured! Keep us updated!

It couldn't be a season without some Erdpurt and even less without a trifoliated one.

#1, which I originally had in my indoor tent while flowering other plants, has been flowering steadily since she had been put outside, but has been showing some signs of revegging.
Worth fo note is that the new foliar growth seems to be entirely located in the main cola. Maybe it functions as an umbrella and isolate the lower branches from the strong sun of June. The lower branches need at leat other 2 weeks. To harvest prematurely or to risk the whole cola, that's the question...

Attachments

• photo2052097.jpg
    photo2052097.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 57
  • photo2052098.jpg
    photo2052098.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2052099.jpg
    photo2052099.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2052100.jpg
    photo2052100.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2052101.jpg
    photo2052101.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 55

-Rioht-

Hey again guys, hoping to get some further advice on my autoflowering erdpurt (and also cbd#1).

My last run both my erdpurt and my cbd#1 started flowering during my 18/6 light cycle vegetative period. See post #170 of the cbd#1 thread where I posted about these issues originally. https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/ace-seeds/369405-cbd-1-feminized/page12#post17879446

At the time the thought was that it was because I was in 5 gallon buckets (which gave no issues with my ace Panamas).

As such, for my summer grow I tried going with a 20 gallon fabric pot filled with coots mix super soil. It's only June but again, the erdpurt is already flowering!

I know erdpurt has some issues with flowering early if root bound but there is no way the plant is rootbound in this larger container already.

Is there anything else I am missing? Or did I just get a bad batch?

Pictures attached were taken earlier this week showing what looks like week 2-3 of flower.

Attachments

• 20210615_071337.jpg
    20210615_071337.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 50

Hashishh

Hey again guys, hoping to get some further advice on my autoflowering erdpurt (and also cbd#1).

My last run both my erdpurt and my cbd#1 started flowering during my 18/6 light cycle vegetative period. See post #170 of the cbd#1 thread where I posted about these issues originally. https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-vendor-forums/ace-seeds/369405-cbd-1-feminized/page12#post17879446

At the time the thought was that it was because I was in 5 gallon buckets (which gave no issues with my ace Panamas).

As such, for my summer grow I tried going with a 20 gallon fabric pot filled with coots mix super soil. It's only June but again, the erdpurt is already flowering!

I know erdpurt has some issues with flowering early if root bound but there is no way the plant is rootbound in this larger container already.

Pictures attached were taken earlier this week showing what looks like week 2-3 of flower.

Try running it on a 20/4 light cycle during veg. I believe on the Ace sites it suggests it if trying to grow indoors.

Myself this is my first time running it, but it'll be on a 20/4 cycle in 5 gallon buckets. I'll see how many flower on me. In the end I'm hoping to be able to keep a mother.

51North

ErdPurt is a pure outdoor strain, designed to grown in nature.
Last winter I tried to keep some clones from my most early pheno's. Impossible, they started flowering even under a 24/0 light schedule.

-Rioht-

Last winter I tried to keep some clones from my most early pheno's. Impossible, they started flowering even under a 24/0 light schedule.

I get why that would have been a factor for my winter grow (indoor), but the current one is outdoors and it's still flowering even though it's June and the days are as long as they are going to get.

Hashishh

I'm going to attempt to keep a mother. I germinated 6 regular seeds. I'll be keeping them in my germination/clone tent on 24/0. I'll keep everyone updated.

I feel like DWC would be easier to keep moms as to avoid flowering by being root bound.

Only time will tell!

GrowingHigher

ErdPurt regular is back in stock

Happy to announce that ErdPurt regular is back in stock from recent indoor reproduction of the strain. :yes:

It's probably the best and most interesting reproduction we have done with this strain up to date. We started seeds from 6 different ErdPurt regular lines from different parent plants and from different generations and lines with the goal to avoid excessive inbreeding and to maximize the chances to find new relevant individuals (of different expressions to the ones we already have in our mother room) to keep for future breeding.

ErdPurt was already quite inbred when we started to work with her.
In my experience, hashplant indicas closer to landraces (that's the case with ErdPurt, or Deep Chunk to name another) suffer much more negatively from inbreeding than for example pure sativa landraces, or outcrossed sativa/indica hybrids or unstabilized complex indica dom polyhybrids like modern Kush strains. We experienced a decrease in the quality and vigor when heavily inbreeding ErdPurt through for example selfing (S1) or when reproducing the strain with parent plants from the same filial generation. That's why i decided to use as many different lines as possible for this reproduction, as much generationally distant from each other as possible.

So roughly 100 plants were grown indoors, ending up with approx 60 females and 40 males from the different lines to choose from. All the females were cloned. Best yielding and more vigorous males were selected based on our previous breeding experience with the strain. The best selected males from different lines open pollinated all and every new female, producing 60 new regular seedlines. Notes of all the different females were taken during flowering, clones of the most desirable females were grown and smoked to determine which are the best ones, not only based on best visual flowering traits, but also based on potency, terpenes and effects. We only found a couple of hermie plants (result of our previous breeding efforts to 'clean' the line from hermaphroditism). After the smoking tests, only 5 new females are kept in the mother room from this new reproduction: green phenos, very colorful ones and intermediate green/purple phenos, one is especially relevant/elite, a super resinous and powerful pheno, even more resinous than some modern indoor Kush (ie Bubba Kush) grown at the same time under same conditions.

So summing up, the offspring of this hard work is what is going to be available in this new ErdPurt regular release.

Beside the ErdPurt breeding, we have also produced a few new ErdPurt regular hybrids which have been included in our R+D section for further evaluation:

Bangi Haze x ErdPurt
Bubba Kush x ErdPurt
CBD #1 x ErdPurt
CBD #5 x ErdPurt
Juanita La lagrimosa x ErdPurt
Lavender x ErdPurt
Golden Tiger x ErdPurt
Purple Malawi x ErdPurt
New Malawi Killer x ErdPurt
Malawi x PCK # 47 purple pheno x ErdPurt
Panama Goddess (F10) x ErdPurt
Purple Zamal x ErdPurt

Since ErdPurt fem version is also out of stock, we have started now a new ErdPurt fem reproduction. The parent plant chosen for the reversion is an old green ErdPurt pheno we call ErdPurt A, as we have had very good results breeding with her and i feel is important to use older, less inbred and fully tested parent plants for this job (for the reasons mentioned previously).

The plan is to use the reversed pollen from ErdPurt A to pollinate the best new selected females from recent regular reproduction, but also to pollinate interesting new generation females from the regular offspring coming from the lines of these recently selected females that are being germinated as we speak.

Hope you find the info valuable and interesting. Will keep you updated with the results of the new fem reproduction when the job is done.

Hi Green Squall,

Glad to see them advancing into flowering. For ErdPurt hybrids we use 1:1 matings, especially when breeding for a specific chemotype, but in 'pure' ErdPurt releases (especially in the regular ones) we intentionally use many different females and males to produce the seeds in order to preserve maximum genetic diversity, since ErdPurt line has several interesting phenotypes, in fact latest ErdPurt regular reproduction just released a few weeks ago contained dozens of plants with almost all possible ErdPurt expressions.

Do you make any chemotype selections when doing ErdPurt regular reproductions? Are you worried about shifting ratios of CBD/THC through generations? Have you thought about selecting THC dom and CBD dom parents of opposing sexes to reproduce an ErdPurt seed version that would be consistently intermediate THC:CBD like the original clone?
What is the chemotype of ErdPurt A? And of the ErdPurt used for hybrids?

Theorganicguy

Do you make any chemotype selections when doing ErdPurt regular reproductions? Are you worried about shifting ratios of CBD/THC through generations? Have you thought about selecting THC dom and CBD dom parents of opposing sexes to reproduce an ErdPurt seed version that would be consistently intermediate THC:CBD like the original clone?

Hi GrowingHigher

I think Dubi mentioned using as many phenotypes as possible while reproducing the line in order to avoid excessive inbreeding. Erdpurt A is the phenotype used to produce the hybrids you can find in the R+D sections. You'll find the whole lab report here: https://www.icmag.com/filedata/fetch?id=12928646

#3 has such cute doubled leaves. I think I may be starting to understand why it was called Erdbeer :)

Attachments

• photo2054665.jpg
    photo2054665.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2054666.jpg
    photo2054666.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 47

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi -Rioht- Sorry if you already commented it, but are you growing clones of the plant that tried to flower indoors ?
Or the one that is flowering in June is a new one from seed ? If the clone was not in proper growing hormonal state indoors, and had some signs of flowering before move it outdoors then it's normal the ErdPurts continue to flower even during the longer days of June, some ErdPurt parental plants here at 37ºN are doing exactly that since a few weeks ago they were moved outdoors, but in our case was planned to pollinate them soon.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GrowingHigher,

Theorganicguy is correct. The main most frequent ErdPurt chemotype is already an intermediate balanced THC:CBD chemotype, which is perfectly represented by green ErdPurt A parental plant (ErdPurt A lab results are posted on the strain description on our website) so there's no need to do much intentional work to find such balanced chemotypes, they are more the norm than the exception in this line. Green ErdPurt A is the ErdPurt parental plant we have used to produce all our ErdPurt fem hybrids up to date, although we are currently trying same type of EP hybrids with other ErdPurt parental plants too, it's always interesting to test as many combinations as possible to make sure the best combination has been identified (and of course, can later be replicated).

In the my comment of the last ErdPurt selection you quoted, we didn't bring the dozens of plants to analyze to the lab, but we did beam tests in a more raw and cheap way to check their chemotypes.
Just evaluating the traits of the pheno, the way it flowered, the resins, terpenes, and finally doing smoke tests and beam tests i have more than enough info to know whether a new parental plant could be interesting or not. Hope it helps with your doubts.