Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > LED suggestions needed friends

Thread Title Search
LED suggestions needed friends Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2018, 02:22 AM #71
iBogart

iBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Young View Post
Actually I just looked.... The Mars Epistar 320 is unbeatable for $600 you wont find anything that is close to the readings I see them reporting....1400 umol on the very corner of a 4'x4' tent... You wouldn't match those numbers if you spent double the money on cobs\quantumboards.

I sent them a email, thats the route I'm going to go. I'll probably end up using my current LED for a 4'x4' Veg tent, and get a 4'x8' Flower tent with 2 of the Epistar 320s from Mars.
They get 700-1100 umol still at 4.5'x4.5' on the corners that is glorious.. I'm literally shocked right now that Ive overlooked Mars like that... The only way i'm wrong on this is if they lied about the readings on that, or marked the footprint wrong and the 5'x5' reading is actually the 4'x4' reading. Which it would still be outperforming $1500 lights numbers

I got distracted by the DIY thing, and all the marketing thats been pushed on cobs\quantum boards... but honestly cobs\quantum boards are probably one of the first DIY items ive seen in my life that end up costing you more money than just buying something premade. Thats coming from someone that DIYs EVERYTHING in life.

IDK where you're getting this info from but it's way way off man. I've seen the par numbers published by mars on this light and it hits 1400 on the one foot and about 270 on the four foot perimeter.

edit: that at 18 inches from plant canopy.
iBogart is offline Quote

Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 07-14-2018, 02:45 AM #72
Dr.Young

Dr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of light
The Mars website... Pretty sure thats a good source to find info on a Mar's light.
I'm talking about the Pro II Epistar 320 {740 watts}

I was looking at a video.. They actually come with a remote, and a sensor. You can see the temperature\humidity, adjust timers for the light to swap spectrums, and all kinds of shit remotely... Mind blown
Dr.Young is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 03:14 AM #73
iBogart

iBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really niceiBogart is just really nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6QD3i-GLhY
iBogart is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 03:17 AM #74
iBogart

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/p...-320-760-watts

Last edited by iBogart; 07-14-2018 at 03:31 AM..
iBogart is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 03:31 AM #75
Dr.Young

Dr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of light

I'm linking something from Mar's website that IS labeled.

The unlabeled stuff from what you linked would definitely make more sense, but it is unlabeled... If applied to the new\current readings they advertise.. I'd say it is starting with 4x4, then 4.5x4.5, then 5x5 then 6x6. They use to say 4'x4' footprint.. Now they say 4.5x4.5 flower, and 6.5x6.5' for veg

Old 07-14-2018, 07:51 PM #76
Koondense

Koondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud of
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
The level of ignorance is reaching dangerous values.
Koondense is online now Quote

Old 07-14-2018, 08:22 PM #77
Dr.Young

Definitely goofy but

They have rough english being a asian business.... They have pretty weird recommendations, and all kinds of fishy stuff but.... I'm not bilingual, and I give them credit for putting in work........
The readings at 24" show a reasonable intensity\footprint.. At 4.5'x4.5' 700-1,100 umol. With no wasted energy on excessive levels of green\yellow, plus IR included. There would be no point in keeping the light 12-18" away like they recommend if the intensity is already that overkill at 18" away...

We'll see though, I definitely think what you linked would make more sense being that its a 24"x24" fixture... Im just going by what they say.

Old 07-14-2018, 09:26 PM #78
Dr.Young

$300... 380 watts... 3 year warranty.... Far superior spectrum vs cobs

Old 07-14-2018, 11:03 PM #79
SamsonsRiddle

SamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura aboutSamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura aboutSamsonsRiddle has a spectacular aura about
i like the old mars 100x3 which came with 4 different drivers (was only $60 free shipping when i got it). loud and warm but it worked ok.

converted this to a cxb3590(72V) x 4 with the preexisting drivers. i think i may have $300 in it
SamsonsRiddle is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2018, 01:17 AM #80
iBogart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Young View Post
View Image

I'm linking something from Mar's website that IS labeled.

The unlabeled stuff from what you linked would definitely make more sense, but it is unlabeled... If applied to the new\current readings they advertise.. I'd say it is starting with 4x4, then 4.5x4.5, then 5x5 then 6x6. They use to say 4'x4' footprint.. Now they say 4.5x4.5 flower, and 6.5x6.5' for veg

That info is totally bogus man. If you believe those numbers then have I got a car to sell you.

Click the link and scroll down to the REAL par values.

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/p...-320-760-watts

edit: I would add even these values are a stretch for this light. You ain't fooling me. Big red flag = GARBAGE.
iBogart is offline Quote