What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont run no comp for picture of the month , i offered seeds , then i was told il have to post them myself.
When the winner doesnt want them im not chasing around finding someone to post them to.

Why dont you offer to take over instead of me and send $400 worth of seeds and pay postage everymonth ? ,im more than happy to let you do the prizes for comp ?

Il happily send the whole years worth of prizes to someone on icmag.com and he can have the time to chase people up seeing if they want free seeds then sending out prizes every month and paying postage
sounds like opinion ,
which is not the same as fact ... ,

he doubts, he has heard ,
he surmises ..

yea , not much that would last a court challenge ..

its probably best he doesnt post in these threads with his "opinion" trying to sell it as fact or truth , it is neither ..

this is the guy that runs a comp with pic of the month ,
i won it and messaged that i would not want the prize and give it to some other person that is more needing than i ,

no reply from this guy , cant even run a decent comp ... wouldnt put much on what he says ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont doubt
The new south crew 100% dont have the cut , or if they do they dont vend it in Amsterdam , and fr9m what was just posted by darkstorm its fact no doubt

:moon:
sounds like opinion ,
which is not the same as fact ... ,

he doubts, he has heard ,
he surmises ..

yea , not much that would last a court challenge ..

its probably best he doesnt post in these threads with his "opinion" trying to sell it as fact or truth , it is neither ..

this is the guy that runs a comp with pic of the month ,
i won it and messaged that i would not want the prize and give it to some other person that is more needing than i ,

no reply from this guy , cant even run a decent comp ... wouldnt put much on what he says ...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also anyone who post regularly with pics is welcome to run some of my hybrid seeds i made with some of the strains from Neville's ( RIP) grail project , Friend or enemy ??, seriously.

Lets see you talk trash on Neville's work once you tried some of these Grail hybrids

TheDarkStorm

And guys please try to remember the subject of the thread....an be respectful...its not fun anymore wen things get abit nasty.....please try and remember different people like different things....whats strong to you could be different to someone else.

And just to point out something....hempy I didnt know that 99.9 percent of the plant pictures you put up arnt yours...eerr dam whoever's pictures your putting up must of done a dam good job at imitating your grow space....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Much more things can go wrong during 6 month than during 3. Alone for this reason, long flowering sativas aren't easy to grow Hempy.
But OH is even less easy. Grow it and you will see what is meant...

No issue at all with Nevilles Haze genetics. If his genetics were still avaiable like in the 90s, I would probably not be a grower and still buying my weed in CS or from my friends :)

Johnny Sativas are very easy to grow indoors for years i have posted shearing my hands on experience with others not complicated at all.

The hardest part to growing Sativa trees indoors is tying and training the plants.

I grow pure Thais and Colombians indoors haze is no different it comes down to knowing the plants you work with and understanding there needs.

elanius

Veteran
Here are few pics of the "shorty" pheno that I found in OHaze. Its funny, that I had 13 females with THH and 13 females with Ohaze as well and both had this shorty pheno.

Its pretty nice smoke, very pleasant and happy vibes, but not as energetic and strong as I like.

picture.php
picture.php

Btw, pure OHaze is bar far the most difficult strain I have ever grown, its easy to grow it in veg, but once you switch the flower, the real challenge begin. Good luck keeping it happy for almost 20 weeks.
Also the vigor is off the charts, only sign of inbreeding is occasional mutation and variegation.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Also anyone who post regularly with pics is welcome to run some of my hybrid seeds i made with some of the strains from Neville's ( RIP) grail project , Friend or enemy ??, seriously.

Lets see you talk trash on Neville's work once you tried some of these Grail hybrids

Hiya OJD did you ever get the NH21 x NH 36 and if so how they turn out for you.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Here are few pics of the "shorty" pheno that I found in OHaze. Its funny, that I had 13 females with THH and 13 females with Ohaze as well and both had this shorty pheno.

Its pretty nice smoke, very pleasant and happy vibes, but not as energetic and strong as I like.

View Image View Image

Btw, pure OHaze is bar far the most difficult strain I have ever grown, its easy to grow it in veg, but once you switch the flower, the real challenge begin. Good luck keeping it happy for almost 20 weeks.
Also the vigor is off the charts, only sign of inbreeding is occasional mutation and variegation.

elanius yep they love full feeding threw veg soon as you put them in sex and they just start to sex that is were you as a grower need to watch the plant or plant line if not a hybrid to see what feeding you need to go forth with till finish.

Soil grows i do in the ground no issues there.

Indoors using hydro once they start to sex some will love 1/2 strength feeding till well into flower then only water till harvest or until the end of flower before you flush.

Others from the point they sex will only need water with a 7ph until there harvested.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
CannRed i expected better from you but i was wrong.

Calm down hempy, I'm not attacking you. Lol. It's a joke.
I mean that's what you are known for. Arguing about haze and saying you talked to Nevil.
You do constantly bring it up..

It would kinda be like someone that followed my posts telling me that they didn't realize I had a plant called PurpAl.. it's a joke because it's all I talk about.

Lol.. I didn't realize this would change the way you feel about me.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Calm down hempy, I'm not attacking you. Lol. It's a joke.
I mean that's what you are known for. Arguing about haze and saying you talked to Nevil.
You do constantly bring it up..

It would kinda be like someone that followed my posts telling me that they didn't realize I had a plant called PurpAl.. it's a joke because it's all I talk about.

Lol.. I didn't realize this would change the way you feel about me.

Were i come from that is called a dog act i have always been polite and respectful towards you i didn't deserve that especially while others were piling on to attack me because i pulled up MAHA who continuously attacks a dead man who was my friend.

I would prefer you put me on ignore.

elanius

Veteran
Others from the point they sex will only need water with a 7ph until there harvested.

Using hydro, only ph-ed water until harvest? Those plants would die in 4 weeks. Even in good soil would not be optimal and would need some amendments...the Haze is very fast grower and can use nutes fast.
Its not as easy as you write it, its true that some need less nutes than others. But to know what kind of nutes, especially how much NPK ratios, how often, how much calcium and magnesium to add and when? Yes, it comes from understanding the plant requirement, but you get that from experience and when you grow it for the first time, its very hard, compared to other strains. Even compared to pure Thai that I grew last year (pic below), the OHaze is much harder to grow.
picture.php
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This plant was feed 1/2 strength nutrient water feeds from sex until ruffly 3/4 of flower rest only water that is a 50% haze.
picture.php

This is a Pure Thai she was feed full nutrient mix up until sexing and from that point was only given water with a neutral 7ph from the tap until harvest.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Skunkman said that neville´s haze doesn't do that for him in this thread. I have same experience, stellar sample of original haze is much much better haze weed. northern lights(but not real northern lights, but very afghan version) fucked it up in my eyes, if you like pure sativa, afghanhaze cant satisfy you... and it is not only about strength and potency, but if we are at it. right pheno of tom hill haze is much stronger than neville´ hz :D but it must be grown and seen to be believed, I understand it.

TheDarkStorm

Skunkman said that neville´s haze doesn't do that for him. I have same experience, stellar sample of original haze is much much better weed. northern lights(but not real northern lights, but very afghan version) fucked it up in my eyes, if you like pure sativa, afghanhaze cant satisfy you...

Its different strokes for different folks maha...I think we can all respect that.....its a pity hazeC put to the more sativa Hawaiian out of the 2 that were done isnt still around I think you would have liked that.....
A question...just out of intrest...have you tried putting your thh to the golden laos...if not..I think you should try that, could be interesting. Or have you managed to try bushys version with the ohz..if so wat do you think of it.

elanius

Veteran
This is a Pure Thai she was feed full nutrient mix up until sexing and from that point was only given water with a neutral 7ph from the tap until harvest.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82586&pictureid=2016595]View Image[/URL]

Lets look away from the fact the she somehow managed to build the flowers without any nutrients, but man...

Not a single yellow leaf on that plant, fed only with water since sexing...in hydro...and yet she is very dark green, where did she get the Nitrogen from? Even with the most perfect light setup and spectrum, I would not believe it was enough to keep her that green for the whole flowering cycle. From the look I can tell you that plant was not only fed, but even too much lol

JohnnyChicago

"Potency" is overrated in my opinion.

I get people want strong herb but i personally prefer a good feeling high than a strong and often unpleasant high, so the "stronger" factor is meaningless to me.
I grow for some years now which is nothing compared to some of the oldschool masters but it bothers me when i read partial truths being put out as the only things that matter.

Ok, NH is said to be stronger than OH but if it means unpleasant vs happy, i know which i would put on the compost.

Hey Koon, if you ask my uncle he would tell you Original Haze (Coffeeshop, early 90s) has been the most unpleasant herb he has ever smoked. And that NH is pleasant. Indeed the CS OH was very cerebral, energetic and not clear at all. Causing headaches to some people. Not positive as well... For some aspects stronger than NH. As NH had a strong body effect, that made you feel well and safe enjoying your trip, as long as you were sitting in your couch or safe zone. For me NH was much more couchlocking than WW or NL5 etc. Very long lasting too. And it was so tasty that you could never get enough of it. Nevils selected NH cuts if that's what I did smoke, were like the very best that you can get of NL and Haze all in one. With the potency increased. When you read, how happy people have been or are with the old pre2000 seeds. Imagine how the very best selected by Neville have been. Seedsman OH is pure nld and seems obvious has been selected for that great positive effect that you have experienced. But Im convinced you would never put a F1 Haze from Neville on the compost. You would recognize it in the middle of plenty of other Hazes :)

TheDarkStorm

Hey Koon, if you ask my uncle he would tell you Original Haze (Coffeeshop, early 90s) has been the most unpleasant herb he has ever smoked. And that NH is pleasant. Indeed the CS OH was very cerebral, energetic and not clear at all. Causing headaches to some people. Not positive as well... For some aspects stronger than NH. As NH had a strong body effect, that made you feel well and safe enjoying your trip, as long as you were sitting in your couch or safe zone. For me NH was much more couchlocking than WW or NL5 etc. Very long lasting too. And it was so tasty that you could never get enough of it. Nevils selected NH cuts if that's what I did smoke, were like the very best that you can get of NL and Haze all in one. With the potency increased. When you read, how happy people have been or are with the old pre2000 seeds. Imagine how the very best selected by Neville have been. Seedsman OH is pure nld and seems obvious has been selected for that great positive effect that you have experienced. But Im convinced you would never put a F1 Haze from Neville on the compost. You would recognize it in the middle of plenty of other Hazes :)

I think I recognize the ohz your uncle is speaking of...sounds like the clone possi originally held....nevil used to hold 2 phenos of the Neville's that I know of...one was the more bulky budded more gold pheno....had the stone to it as well as high..very rushy...the other one looked like rust coloured browny type crap..very sticky..not really what you could call buds...looked more like hempys thai when finished..only more resin an stickyness to it...had no body to it at all....overdoing that was not a good thing...it would twist ones head up....nice to hear about your uncles experinces tho...sounds like a guy who knows what he's on about.

harvestreaper

Veteran
I think I recognize the ohz your uncle is speaking of...sounds like the clone possi originally held....nevil used to hold 2 phenos of the Neville's that I know of...one was the more bulky budded more gold pheno....had the stone to it as well as high..very rushy...the other one looked like rust coloured browny type crap..very sticky..not really what you could call buds...looked more like hempys thai when finished..only more resin an stickyness to it...had no body to it at all....overdoing that was not a good thing...it would twist ones head up....nice to hear about your uncles experinces tho...sounds like a guy who knows what he's on about.

interesting you mention rust colored weed a friend bought some back from holland early 90s privately grown ,,was up there with the strongest i ever smoked like coming up on acid an fast i distinctively remember putting down the second joint i was rolling to see were the first one was gonna set me down as it had far from finished with me lol

harvestreaper

Veteran
Skunkman said that neville´s haze doesn't do that for him in this thread. I have same experience, stellar sample of original haze is much much better haze weed. northern lights(but not real northern lights, but very afghan version) fucked it up in my eyes, if you like pure sativa, afghanhaze cant satisfy you... and it is not only about strength and potency, but if we are at it. right pheno of tom hill haze is much stronger than neville´ hz :D but it must be grown and seen to be believed, I understand it.

if your a sativa fan the sk hazes were better than the nl5 haze it was clear back then to ,its no rocket science sk more sativa than nl ,the nl5 haze made a bigger impact in general tho imo as many liked the body aspect to it , there was also no nev vs sam narratives back then no one cared then and they dont care now lol

Latest posts

Latest posts