What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pink pods?

thebroll

Hello there ICMag family. New here, have not had time to dig through the thousands of posts here. Question, I am a new grower. This is only my second run. These plants are all from bag seed, unknown genetics.

On 4/20 I flipped to flower. That AM there was a power owtage so plants got 2 hours of light than a bunch of darkness. Day 1 of the flip....

Skip ahead 21 days later and this little guy pops up. Im thinking its a herme sac, but am unsure. Any ideas? I ripped it off and another one that was starting to show its head. 5 days later no more have popped up. THoughts?

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpg
    image0 (2).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21

thailer

having a power outage the first day or two of flower won't cause them to herm. its when the plant is out of transition and in full bloom mode week 2 and beyond that the light mishap occurs that you would get herms. you'll see a long banana nanner thats bright yellow come out of the bud. this looks like a genetic hermaphrodite not due to a light leak.

if you've pulled them off and none grow back them just keep an eye on it but since you are saying you are growing multiple bagseeds, i'm guessing you found some in a sack of bud. i'm willing to bet you will also find more pods. but its not due to the light mishap you had. its just what bagseed does i guess. i haven't had this in my garden when i've grown from seed purchased from good breeders.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
It's a very pretty pink male flower!
Wow. Does she/he have brothers or sisters?
Love that pink.

thebroll

Male flower?!?! Damn, I was sure (with my 0 experience) this girl showed sex as female, damn. There are 2 other plants in with he/she. They are both bag seeds. Since pulling off the pink flower, nothing similar has popped back up except a bunch of wonderful looking colas.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Being that the male flower is pink, I'd love to see if the female flowers will be as well.
Never seen that before.
You should keep it, just to see what it looks like. Separate it from your females.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
The pink might be purple, caused by low temps at night. Is that a male sac? Looks more like a leaf sprout.

thebroll

I am still keeping an eye on things. Every other part of this plant seems to show me it's female. I will post some more pics soon, tight little closet setup. Temps bounce between 63-74 and RH is in the 60s. I did find one thing, the timer has a small orange led and the tape had peeled back, and was showing some light during nightime 12.