What's new

Portable air con

I've been trying to come up with ways to cool my rooms without the need for massive fans in residential properties an obviously I can't be putting in split level a/c , opticlimates are out the question an all there's no way I can start lugging them up stairs an that..

Anyways I've been looking round an I found some pretty decent industrial portable air con units , ones that do 320000btu thats about 3 ton as a portable , can pick em up for around 2k I've never used air con before but I know thats pretty sizeable what do u guys think about possible using one of them , any idea how loud it might be? Or how many lights I might be able to run with something like that??

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
place the cart behind the horse! What size room and, more importantly... How many lights and what type?

zoo

I've been trying to come up with ways to cool my rooms without the need for massive fans in residential properties an obviously I can't be putting in split level a/c , opticlimates are out the question an all there's no way I can start lugging them up stairs an that..

Anyways I've been looking round an I found some pretty decent industrial portable air con units , ones that do 320000btu thats about 3 ton as a portable , can pick em up for around 2k I've never used air con before but I know thats pretty sizeable what do u guys think about possible using one of them , any idea how loud it might be? Or how many lights I might be able to run with something like that??

Try revolution EC silenced fans with phonic trap ducting, absolute game changer. No need for A/C in the U.K bro ;)

@Switcher I'm talking 3.5m x 4m bout 12+ 600w hps lights or as many as I can push it , would still breathe the room tho..

@zoo I did buy a qmax ec fan 12inch one stuck phonic trap ducting on it was loud as anything still ended up taking it down weren't powerful enough for the room either I think revolution has bought out a 12 inch high powered one but when I went in the shop the guy told me some one just bought 4 of em back cos they are too loud..

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Industrial Units work solid... just make sure U vent them right ... I used to use a 2 ton Kwikcool and it got the job done....

Mini Split is way better if that is an option

PabloEscobud

Have you seen the Opticlimate Pro 3 10,000 ? Capable of running a room upto 16x 600w lights, humidifies and dehumidifies about 3.5K pushing 4K if you want the air distribution tube, anti vibration feet, condenser pump.

Latest posts

Latest posts