What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn. Finally really happened. I'm old.

dddaver

Veteran
The indicator to me is that I really don't get the popularity of the most popular entertainment. I think Game of Thrones sucks bad and Avengers:Endgame is just stupid and silly. And I really dislike "reality" TV. It's not.

For movies I prefer actual acting. Stories about life.

One of the biggest arguments against recreational drug use was their use for escapism and not dealing with reality. Well isn't the popularity of fantasy more like that?

While I'm on my bitching soapbox, I have never understood energy drinks. SO hypocritical. How can they malign weed, a beneficial plant, while approving legalized speed that has definite health problems?

Yup, I'm finally that old fuck I used to laugh at.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Welcome to old age. If you are entering your 60's, I can tell you one thing.......

You're going to have enjoyed those (19)60's a hell of a lot more than you will these 60's. LOL

rolandomota

I'm in my 30s and also don't like the avengers sillness and all that star wars crap just doesn't do it for me either. Even if I could watch free at the movies by being an employee I still wouldn't watch any of this crap

The indicator to me is that I really don't get the popularity of the most popular entertainment. I think Game of Thrones sucks bad and Avengers:Endgame is just stupid and silly. And I really dislike "reality" TV. It's not.

For movies I prefer actual acting. Stories about life.

One of the biggest arguments against recreational drug use was their use for escapism and not dealing with reality. Well isn't the popularity of fantasy more like that?

While I'm on my bitching soapbox, I have never understood energy drinks. SO hypocritical. How can they malign weed, a beneficial plant, while approving legalized speed that has definite health benefits?

Yup, I'm finally that old fuck I used to laugh at.

Glad to hear it. I thought it was just me.:woohoo:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Everyday I feel more and more like that part in the simpsons.
old-man-cloud-HD-1079x720.jpg

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uz15xdx3jaoz.jpg

God damnit Pothead beat me to it. I suppose this is why you're an agent.

White Beard

As my brother likes to say, I feel strongly both ways.... I hate the part where I’m invisible to girls, the part where everything hurts, the part where other people decide they’re in charge of me...and the part where I have no teeth.

OTOH, I’m thoroughly enjoying the last season of Game o’ Thrones, plan to see Endgame this week (if I have the time), think ‘Hamilton’ is fucking genius...OTOH I’ve *always* hated “reality” TV, am tired as hell of classic rock (‘crept for the REAL classics), don’t really get meme culture, and sick to death of the ‘same old bullshit’ no matter who or where from.

I also find I’ve inherited my granddad’s ‘gift’ of gab, and I no longer respect my elders...even a little

G

GatorGumbo

Spend four months in the woods with no connection to the outside world and only a car battery on solar power. You'll watch Game of Thrones and guzzle Cokes like a baby watches shiny keys and sucks bottles then, I'd bet my boots on it.

But yea, 95% of cable TV is awful.

White Beard

I’ll watch specific shows (Agents of SHIELD, the Expanse, GoT) but otherwise don’t watch TV at all...if it gets turned on, I leave the room. Better things to do.

7thson

No matter what's on TV, I'd rather do something with my family then watch anything.And that includes sports too!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some days I feel 23 again, lots of energy. Other days 85-90+. Welcome to old age! It's been a smooth transition with many detours, pot holes along the way, mostly health related.

White Beard

EXACTLY my experience: some days, I’m full of energy and work hard the whole day through...some days I spend hours on my butt studying here (in the last five months I have read through uncounted threads, read well over a thousand pages, made more than a thousand posts...other days, I make it through coffee, and go back to bed....

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

God damnit Pothead beat me to it. I suppose this is why you're an agent.

Yes:woohoo:
One of the best quotes in recent tv history and still funny as hell
years later,,
Thanks for sharing that Mikel,,
55 soon dd ,,,comes to us all just not as quickly as I imagined ,s2