What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is everyone growing outdoors this season?

Bush Doctah

Hey Tycho and art.spliff.

Tycho, that Swazi looks great! Was it finished at the end of Sept. or did it go longer? Must have rocketed off of the ground from great food. Impressive given that your weather there can be, well, typically Canadian at times! Is this spring unbelievable, or what?

Art.spliff, I noticed in your seed pack pic that you have RGSC's GG2.0 (I think). How were the seeds? I have their GG#3 and was sadly disappointed when I opened up the pack: tiny little half lime green seeds that I was worried wouldn't sprout.

I was right. I soaked and planted 7, only 4 came up, 2 are doing OK, 1 should make it although it is struggling, and 1 is a preemie with one coty that is still lime green and won't open and the other is green but is stuck sort of open. The fan leaves are desperately trying to open, but are twisted and curled. Not impressed.

By comparison, my Deep Congo were HUGE, round and dark, dark brown. All 5 were up within 84 hours and are going strong. My South African Sativas were not quite as good, but 4 of 5 are up and they are doing well. So, although my soil is too damp, a germ rate of 90% isn't bad at all.

Did I just happen to get a bad pack? Is there anywhere else to get GG#3? Bush Brothers seeds', which if I am correct is Brad, had its website disappear and now brings up a security warning when I try to visit it. It would be a bummer if there isn't a reliable vendor of GG#3.

Hope that all is going well with you. You certainly have a nice selection of genetics to work with. All the best.

BD

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks Bush. Swazi Gold were nice and finished about mid October. The Lemon Swazi on the other hand (not pictured), was way late. But it's a tough one against frost and I pulled it in mid November(?) after a few hard frosts. Fan leaves were toast, but the buds were unaffected, small and somewhat airy.

Many times it's nice here until December. It's not the weather so much because Swazi grows in the mountains so it's well adapted to the cold, but the amount and lack of significant UV light we get at that time of year makes them pull back. Buds that don't get big and firm, I cob.

They say 10-12 weeks for the lemon but.... I don't believe it. Maybe indoor with lighting.

Greenthumber

What’s up all! Have some of verdant greens gear. Pre98 x white rhino. And also have a cross of mk ultra x kosher kush Then 2 ace seeds afghan hashplant s1’s will be joining the two shortly as they’re currently being slowly hardened off to get ready for the big hid. Happy growing y’all

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Bush Doctah the 20 Guerilla Gold #3 were freebies. I'll post germination results soon, don't want to get too far behind.

radioman

I just starting putting (unsexed) plants in the ground today - 4 6-packs of the same weed I have been growing since 2003 (Dutch Passion Passion #1). Over the years it has really acclimatized to Vermont... The plants I put in Today were 3 weeks old from seed and really needed to be planted or repotted... I have around 50 or so in 20 oz. cups under the Halide that are farther along and in the process of being sexed. The males are just starting to show and they will be all sexed in a few days... I also have about 12-13 plants (3 strains) started from seeds I purchased from one of the Vendors here at ICMAG...