What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is everyone growing outdoors this season?

I did a test run with both those last year. I was happy with the results. The blood diamond is a super late finisher.

I’m at 41.5 LAT I hope not too long I hear it’s mid October from what Kevin said on this video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xyIEwqVo2g4

This ones the og chem they have

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2lcaEAn9yU

Tipunch

Just popped
SSH
Durban Poison
UltraSour

All 3 tested in previous years, great taste, smell, high, short flowering and good mold proof.

Added crosses I made last year
CriticalKush x Kali Mist
SSH x Kali Mist
Durban Poison x Kali Mist

And also popped my last C4 seed, Kali Mist and Spice from Mr Nice.

calisun

Yeah I should clarify. At about 40. LAT I took it down OCT 22 witch isn't that late I guess. I tend to run a lot of early varieties so for me it seemed late. You could probably pull it a little earlier and it would still be good.

Sweet that ain’t too bad I really wanted early finishers this year but here I am growin later than sooner gaaaaaaaas : D

St. Phatty

Had about 9 seedlings in the direct sun yesterday. ("Neighbor's Misc.")

Air temp was about 70 F but Jesus !!! The seedlings looked like beaten boxers, leaning on the ropes.

Grabbed the flat & moved it indoors under LED's.

Will transplant & give them another week. Was trying to avoid using electricity but Jeez.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
The pigs fu ked up a bunch of seedlings so Im gonna plant a bunch more, but here’s whats sprouted (and safe) so far

2016 super gooey - 4
NorCalGoo x HighVoltageF2 x GoldenTiger x Tom HillHaze 6
PTK (PineTarKush) 2
2016x2017 4
Oaky joe GG4 - 3
Tacoma sativa 9
Gsc x chem95 5
Afro Titties(DevilsTit F2 x BBB x DTf2 x GTxCC) 6
Blueberry Blast F2 x TrueBBf2/GDP 2
Hippie Surfer(NLxOTHaze x Kerala X 70’s Hawaiian) 4
PK x flo x flo 1
Northfork valley kush 1
Lil green men 2
Black Tara (GTxCC F2 x Goji IX) 7
ddt(Durban) x Boggle Dragon x Goji IX 2
2016 3
Goji OG IX 2
Harlequin x Bangi Haze 2
High Voltage F2 Beatrix 2
BB Bx 2
Sinai 8
Blueberry Muffin Top 10

therevverend

Veteran
Purple, purple, purple. Last summer I grew hashplants, had hardly any purple. My Grape Ape x Bubblegum didn't turn much at all. This year I went heavy purple, probably because some of my seeds were aging. And I thought it'd be a fun breeding project, grow a bunch of purple and black strains and crossing the best ones. The list off the top of my head:

Original Purple Looey
Grape Ape x Early Girl
Purple Satellite
TripleBerry F2
Grand Daddy Purp x Querkle
Gorilla Biscuit Silverback
5 Gs Blue
Superstitious (Bodhi-has purple highlights already)
Faux G Purple
Burkle 2.0
Black Vietnamese x Thai
Durango OG

Plus a few other non-purples scattered in. It'll be fun to compare the genetics I already know to the new stuff I haven't tried.

I've got some major culling ahead of me, that and sexing will narrow it down. One strong female per strain would be nice. I'm already seeing some with monstrous growth and already culled four. I've already seen all sorts of crazy color in the seedlings, now they're greening up. There's still a few with violet stems. Things are going to be colorful this fall. If I can get one or two or three superb males I could be on my way to getting the type of ganja I'd like. Not satisfied with most of the purple stuff out there.

Bush Doctah

Hey fellow outdoor peeps! Super excited to be growing for the first time, and outdoors to boot.
I'll be growing Deep Congo (Back to the Congo), South African Sativa, Nepalese Grizzly, and GG#3. I can find plenty of info on the Deep Congo thanks to the thread here, and some, although not as much as I would have thought, on the GG#3. Can't find much, if anything on the South African Sativa (there appear to be 2 breeders of this, can I name them?) or the Nepalese Grizzly. Anyone have any experience with either of these?
Any help would be greatly appreciate!
Thanks and hope everyone has a great grow this year.
BD

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What's your Lat?
Is the South African Sativa from Swaziland? If it is it does really well in the cold when it's ripening. Good luck and stay safe.

Bush Doctah

Hi Tycho and Thcv and thanks for the reply.
I'm at 42 N in the southern part of Canada. Pretty much as far south as you can be here.
The breeder of these seeds is Fast Outdoor Genetics and is from here. Their description of the plant is:

A very early maturing, pure 100% sativa. These seeds were given to us in 2005, as a hybrid of two local landraces from South Africa. This plant is probably a hybrid of Durban Poison, since it has a slight lycorice, and sharp sour taste, with earthy and spicy notes. The high from this strain is strong and an old school sativa type high. This one will definitely keep you going through out the day. It will grow tall and christmas tree shaped like a typical sativa, and will provide a bountiful harvest of buds with large amounts of resin in early to mid September. Its hardy to mold and fungus, and has been acclimatised to the Canadian climate over 3 generations.

Untested indoors
Outdoor harvest mid September

What I am particularly interested in is the Durban Poison. I love this strain! So, what I am wondering is what is it crossed with, and how do I know which pheno is the DP? I have to do more research on the DP for sure, but I thought someone might have experience with it and would know.
Since my plant count is restricted, I can only grow one, so I want to get the right one. Plus I'm a newb, with no experience identifying phenos at all. I try to remind myself that this is really just the beginning of a journey towards growing excellence (hopefully!) and that I will make mistakes along the way. Bottom line, though, is that I am just so excited to be growing that everything will be great no matter what!
Thanks for your input, very much appreciated.
BD

Bush Doctah

Thanks for the vids art.spliff. I am hoping that it is a Durban Poison or something similar. But if not I'm sure it will still be good. As long as it has a nice warm, uplifting buzz, I'll be thrilled. Just to be able to grow one myself is an amazing feeling.

My first concern is having it grow as tall as that Swazi Gold that's taller than the house! What a plant! My second concern is rippers. Might just find myself sleeping with my girls to keep them safe. Up here in Canuckistan there will be plenty of plants outdoors this summer and I fear the rippers will be salivating at this. Especially organic grown ones like mine.

Happy growing all.

BD

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Well that's as far south as California is north so you should do well.

I have a few Swazi Gold going out in the bush this year. They've been vegging indoor for 2 months already. They'll go in a sheltered gorilla spot so I hope they grow like that. If anything just to watch them go.

I put a 3 week seedling in the ground in July last year. This is what it looked like end of September. (a well fed fast growing bitch. About 6 1/2 feet tall).

picture.php

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
47nord:

Power Africa x MK Ultra fast
Big nugs fast
Maroc
Critical Sour
Auto Euforia
Auto AK
Auto Glueberry OG

Tipunch

Hello,

Update on my lineup which has popped !
San Fernando OG (fem freebies)
Critical Orange Punch (fem freebie)
Ultra Sour (fem)
Satori (regular)
Kali Mist (regular)
Durban Poison (fem)
Super Silver Haze (regular)
Spice (regular)
Durban Poison x Kali Mist (cross I made last year)
SSH x Kali Mist (cross I made last year)

I like tastes like diesel, earth, pine, wood, spice and sweet so all above. Citrus is ok :biggrin:

Rodehazrd

I cut clones last week from my Bangi Haze mother saved from last year. She was the only outdoor plant not affected by the terrible PM plague we had in late August last year. At the peak of wet days and cool nights she showed no mushroom of any kind. I have had best results here at 38 going outside in mid June with clones. Plan to put the old lady out in a 65 gallon shortie then. Last year I got 12 oz of good bud off her mother with about 6 hours of good light. Was a little fluffy but most delicious with a clear head and soft landing.
:tiphat: