What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Opportunity.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yes, sad news from the red planet,
everyone's favorite Mars rover has
recently succumbed to a dust storm.

EDIT:
5ea2WG3.jpg

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
USA have some other projects that are multiple more interesting than those Mars
project.. still am sorry you loosed those machine..

mine favorites are Kepler that is already finished his work,then now recently
lounched TESS and i wait for direct images of exoplanets by James Webb..

somehow am interested more in deep space miracles then in our close neighbours..

as from some reading on Mars i gets that we maybe already lived there,Cydonia
looks weird and some other areas..

Anyway this part of American culture i love most,those investing in space exploration
but whithouth space weaponizing part.. all those positive is very good and valuable
for hole World,on that am very thankfull to American nation and people..

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... and not just the Mars rover but here on Planet Earth alla those potential 35,000 jobs lost in NYC yesterday.:frown:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
theres nothing exciting on mars. and nasa already knows there intelligent life in the universe even if they don't know what it is. they stopped flying to the moon because they see it as a waste of time and money. so you got to ask yourself why they are so interested in mars??
personally I guess it precious minerals or something for some kind of monetary gain probably gold

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Its amazing Voyager 1 and 2 have been operational and transmitting radio signals to NASA with technology from 1977. The documentary The Farthest about the construction and project was great. (NASA's budget for the project ran out during the construction, interestingly the design team purchased with their own money and used grocery store aluminum foil as the interference shielding for all of the electrical components!). Currently voyager 1 is nearly 12 billion miles from earth in interstellar space and takes nearly 16 hours to transmit radio signals to earth.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

theres nothing exciting on mars. and nasa already knows there intelligent life in the universe even if they don't know what it is. they stopped flying to the moon because they see it as a waste of time and money. so you got to ask yourself why they are so interested in mars??
personally I guess it precious minerals or something for some kind of monetary gain probably gold

There's Gold on the moon, for sure, and it's a heck of a lot easier to recover than Gold on Mars.

I don't have the time to track down the possible Moon Hoax data. I was 9 at the time.

If we went in the 60's, one would think it's much easier to go now.

Computers & electronics being lighter & everything.

Also it should be a lot cheaper to go now.

So going to the moon is super-important in the 60's, but now it's spoiled yogurt ?!

Plus the moon is actually moving fairly FAST.

It makes sense to use it as a launching pad for trips to the Mars. Simply because there are times during the moon orbit when it is moving towards Mars faster than the Earth, and any space-ship launched from Moon orbit benefits from that extra moon velocity.