What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Cvh

Supermod
double wow. I thought I had enough product to make 45 gallons. I guess it's closer to 90. lol

I can also make a couple of gallons myself. Lol. ;)

This experiment shows that in some case it is possible to have male flower expression on a female Cannabis plant using only a single drop of STS.

For the 1:9 ratio, I used one part STS and 9 parts of distilled water. Also some Yucca was added as a surfactant.

Try this experiment one day for yourself.

But I have to say -and as I also have written into my final notes- that there are consideraly less males flowers formed and that the entire proces also took a bit longer. So keep this in mind.

Cvh

Supermod
I notice both male and female flowers on the same flower cluster which received a single drop of STS.
The female flowers in this mixed flower cluster are also successfully fertilized. So no damage there.

My pictures might not be very clear but you can see in the last pics both white/brown female pistils sticking out of swollen calyxes and also male flowers mixed together in a single flower cluster.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8596733&postcount=200

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I guess they dont replace the pistils because i got a lot of seeds out of this

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Anyone know what 3mM equates to in layman's measurements?

3mM = 3 millimolar

It's a concentration unit based on molecular mass. It's chemistry lingo. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molar_concentration

This link may help.

Convert moles Sodium Thiosulfate to gram

3mM of Sodium Thiosulfate = 0.47432322 grams

Below is how a chemist (Walter White or Troutman White) would have figured it out: :biggrin:

The molecular mass of anhydrous (aka dry) Sodium thiosulfate is 158.11 g/mol.
1 mM = 158.11g /1000= 0.15811 grams per mM. So since you want 3 mM you
only have to multiply 0.15811 grams X 3 = 0.47433 grams to get your 3mM
concentration.

Now you owe me a case of ice cold 24 Molson Canadian beer. :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
As a reformed 80's headbanger and moshpit afficionado, I've already got enough facial scars, thanks.:biggrin:

Ok, not to completely derail, I set a PS Blueberry to pop today. Regardless of what sex it is, I'm gonna force it to give me some pollen.

So many potential projects, now I just need a whole big bunch of land to do all the experiments bouncing around in my brain.

Tell me about it. I ran out of room (close by) to do more. I have 3 single plant experiments to do still but i don't want to do them way off in bumfuck nowhere. I have one GG4 auto already pushing flowers that I need to pollinate with fem pollen, and that horney bitch is FAR away. I'll hit her Monday. I bit off a lot this year. Maybe too much.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just put the plugs out. Fuck it... I'm doing another 200 for mid july.

I use my 2.5 inch garden auger on a drill. Plugs fit perfectly in the holes. Had them all planted, watered and fed in about 30 minutes. lol.