What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

LostTribe

Premium user
Here is one for you GDubb aloha!

What is your preferred strain for use with treatments? Has anyone tried mixing sativas with indicas for that matter and would there be a difference?

LT

jswick93

I think it is safe to say a mix of strains would be most effective. Since we don't know everything about cannabis yet, I would say a diverse profile is first choice.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is one for you GDubb aloha!

What is your preferred strain for use with treatments? Has anyone tried mixing sativas with indicas for that matter and would there be a difference?

LT

I depends on what we are treating. For my own use, I still like the original Trainwreck.

Heyhair

Thanks for the insight GG!

A little insight into the meaning of the name RSO locally, just to put things in perspective! It means oil extracted using naphtha to extract and a rice cooker to purge.

Typically still containing residual solvent beyond FDA 5000 PPM limits, for even Class III solvents, but actually typically containing Class I solvents like benzene from the Varnish and Paint Makers "pharmaceutical grade" Rick recommends, and which the FDA says should be avoided and limited to 2 ppm in the best of circumstances.

Kudos and accolades to Rick for his contributions and sacrifices, because we are with out question indebted to him for suffering the sacrifices for leading the way.

Using the term RSO does present problems in communication however, because I don't advocate the use of naphtha for extraction, due to the carcinogenic nature of some of its constituents.

If we are indeed talking about RSO extracted using Naphtha, I recommend not using it, unless death is your other alternative.

No firm fixed data, just the tongue in cheek reluctance to tempt my immune system with other carcinogens, most especially if it is already struggling with what it already has?

If we are using RSO as a term to simply and rightfully honor Rick, may I suggest that it is a nice gesture, but only adds confusion on this forum at this stage of evolution in cannabis concentrates extraction and processing.

Extracting with carcinogens because there is no other available alternative at a given patients snapshot in time, is a different issue than the situation most of us find ourselves in, and what I personally recommend if there are more salubrious alternatives.

May we agree that by what ever name we hail undeniably hot Mary, it is she of whom we speak, and the most effective process of delivering her uncontaminated charms is what we seek?

In that line of thought, may we not unintentionally direct noobes toward Rick's Napha process, by including concentrates that were used several thousand years before Rick, or more salubrious ones formulated since then, under the generic term RSO?
Hi Gray Wolf! I was recommended to this forum and hear you are very knowledgable. I have stage 4 appendix cancer and I have been using organic "RSO" that was made with grain alcohol as a solvent. I don't have a lot of cancer. A few small spots in my abdomen and one very small spot on my liver. This is a recurrence. I worked up to a gram a day via suppository. I had to stop using it due to unbearable pain in my liver. I used it for a little over two months. Other than the little spot on my liver getting slightly bigger, there was no change in my scans in a three month span. I feel I am on the right track, but not with the RSO as it shouldn't cause liver issues. Someone mentioned intervening swelling... Ok, from what? The residual hydrocarbons? I don't know if I will ever get an answer to that question, and believe me, I have been on a mission to find out to no avail. I was turned on to the short path, solvent free distillation process recently and wanted to get your thoughts on this. Can I use is the same way I used the RSO (I mixed the RSO 50/50 with coconut oil and filled syringes)? The short path product I can get is organic (pesticide and fungicide free) and was tested at 91.5% THC. I prefer the suppository method because the bioavailability is much higher than taking it orally and it bypasses the liver to avoid getting completely and utterly out of my mind high! Do you think the protocol would be the same (60 grams in 90 days, starting small and working my way up to 1 gram a day)? I really feel that cannabis can minumly keep this cancer at bay, I just need the right product. Thanks for your time!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Gray Wolf! I was recommended to this forum and hear you are very knowledgable. I have stage 4 appendix cancer and I have been using organic "RSO" that was made with grain alcohol as a solvent. I don't have a lot of cancer. A few small spots in my abdomen and one very small spot on my liver. This is a recurrence. I worked up to a gram a day via suppository. I had to stop using it due to unbearable pain in my liver. I used it for a little over two months. Other than the little spot on my liver getting slightly bigger, there was no change in my scans in a three month span. I feel I am on the right track, but not with the RSO as it shouldn't cause liver issues. Someone mentioned intervening swelling... Ok, from what? The residual hydrocarbons? I don't know if I will ever get an answer to that question, and believe me, I have been on a mission to find out to no avail. I was turned on to the short path, solvent free distillation process recently and wanted to get your thoughts on this. Can I use is the same way I used the RSO (I mixed the RSO 50/50 with coconut oil and filled syringes)? The short path product I can get is organic (pesticide and fungicide free) and was tested at 91.5% THC. I prefer the suppository method because the bioavailability is much higher than taking it orally and it bypasses the liver to avoid getting completely and utterly out of my mind high! Do you think the protocol would be the same (60 grams in 90 days, starting small and working my way up to 1 gram a day)? I really feel that cannabis can minumly keep this cancer at bay, I just need the right product. Thanks for your time!

We used the same dosage protocol for suppositories as for oral meds, and that was to get the patient's tolerance built to 1 gram per day for 60 days, or until the tumor is gone. Our meds are based on an Absolute, which typically has cannabinoids in the high 80's to low 90's percentile.

We buy disposable molds and use coconut butter and cannabis absolute for the suppository.

Heyhair

Thanks for the reply :) So, I would assume that it is important with the short path solvent free distillation method to use a carrier oil as well? Do you recommend ingesting coconut oil 30 minutes prior and at dosing? Also, is it necessary to use a carrier oil? I guess I am asking if this oil is as thick and tar like as RSO?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the reply :) So, I would assume that it is important with the short path solvent free distillation method to use a carrier oil as well? Do you recommend ingesting coconut oil 30 minutes prior and at dosing? Also, is it necessary to use a carrier oil? I guess I am asking if this oil is as thick and tar like as RSO?

For suppositories, the coco butter acts as the carrier oil.

For oral or sub lingual, the decarboxylated oil is loose, but not enough without cutting it some.

I've used 190 proof ethanol for the purpose, and added drops to milk drinks, as well as supplied it dissolved in various vegetable and nut oils, but usually use the HS or HAO recipe.

That adds both enhancements making the cannabinoids more effective, and the coconut oil ties up the liver processing it, so that the cannabinoids hang around longer.

LemonStank

Do this.
Get whole plant extract with all cannbinoids and terpenes. Make rso from quality bud and fan dry. Deccarb half the oil and combine both oils together with coconut oil.

You get benefits from all compounds. If I had cancer would be eating oil this way.

Thca patches opened my eyes. All cannbinoids are impor tant not just decarbbed versions. Also terpenes terpenoids flavanoids help illnesses.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i'm very curious about these suppositories.

i wonder if they could potentially benefit folks living with crohns. sounds promising.

i was also recently asked about treating cervical cancer with cannabis and after reading this thread i got to wondering about using these same suppositories in the vaginal canal. i know that coconut oil is safe in and around the genitals, so would that be potentially a sensible treatment option?

i assume rectal suppositories would also be effective for her treatment, but i guess i'm wondering if getting that much closer to the site of cancer would improve the efficacy.

Pangea

Veteran
from a previous thread:
That is not correct, rectal absorption is the most effective method of ingestion as far as bio availability is concerned.

Where the oil is deposited in the rectum can have an effect of where and how it is processed in the body, basically one can try to bypass the liver with the depth placement of the suppository syringe, read the following article for more.

Dr. Allan Frankel - RECTAL ABSORPTION OF CANNABINOIDS.
http://www.greenbridgemed.com/rectal-absorption-of-cannabinoids/

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm very curious about these suppositories.

i wonder if they could potentially benefit folks living with crohns. sounds promising.

i was also recently asked about treating cervical cancer with cannabis and after reading this thread i got to wondering about using these same suppositories in the vaginal canal. i know that coconut oil is safe in and around the genitals, so would that be potentially a sensible treatment option?

i assume rectal suppositories would also be effective for her treatment, but i guess i'm wondering if getting that much closer to the site of cancer would improve the efficacy.

We've supplied them for Crohns, rectal cancer, and colon cancer, with some good results.

Roji

Question for gray wolf. Do you think citicoline would be suitable for use in someone with brain cancer? My concern would be the blocking mechanism that minimizes thc crossing the bbb. Would that stop the brain from receiving the thc all together, minimizing anti-tumoral effectiveness?

III really would be careful with supplementing citicolene in hopes of mitigating psychoactive effects. We've done more trials since reading this claim again and everything points towards citicolene potentiating the effects of THC not the other way around.

People put lecithin in their edibles hoping to increase psychoactive effects, not decrease. Can someone please explain the logic?

Roji- citicolene should increase the ability for THC to cross the BBB. Additionally you can try piracetam or oxiracetam to increase the ease with which THC will cross the BBB, these potentially could be contraindicated with other pharma though.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Question for gray wolf. Do you think citicoline would be suitable for use in someone with brain cancer? My concern would be the blocking mechanism that minimizes thc crossing the bbb. Would that stop the brain from receiving the thc all together, minimizing anti-tumoral effectiveness?

Dr Robert Melamede is the scientist who developed the procedure and who I would contact to discuss the nuances. We started using his procedure, after we sponsored one of his lectures on the effects of phytocannabinoids on the indocannabinoid system, and have experienced good success with it.

http://cannabizu.com/who-we-are-and...ors-lecturers/149-robert-j-melamede-phd-.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_lE82W3TJw

May I suggest that you contact him and discuss your specific issue.

LostTribe

Premium user
We used the same dosage protocol for suppositories as for oral meds, and that was to get the patient's tolerance built to 1 gram per day for 60 days, or until the tumor is gone. Our meds are based on an Absolute, which typically has cannabinoids in the high 80's to low 90's percentile.

We buy disposable molds and use coconut butter and cannabis absolute for the suppository.

80-90 percent is some strong medicine for certain!

Any patients going the cannabis only route without chemo?

Mednugs

80-90 percent is some strong medicine for certain!

Any patients going the cannabis only route without chemo?

Have you ever used extra virgin olive oil as a carrier? I find coconut does mix well and will separate if cooled in a refrigerator then rewarmed to room temperature.

Latest posts

Latest posts