What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TH Seeds "SAGE" smoke report

ThaiBliss

Veteran
SAGE Seeds

SAGE Seeds

I just happen to have a SAGE cutting in the oven now for the last two weeks. I have been growing this on and off for about two years. A cutting was gifted by a friend.

The smell of this cut is divine. I would describe it as woody, and honey and spice. Vaguely sage, if you have a vivid imagination, but really more peppery. It's woody and sweet with a bit of pepper. I absolutely love the aroma.

I'm a sativa lover who is sick and mostly tired of indica. Ha! Tired is what 98% of all indica makes me. I'm too old to want any more tired in my life. This SAGE is one of the few indica x sativa crosses the preserves the "life is good" and trippy sativa high but with some heft to the buds, stems, and pungency.

I would rate the potency of this cut as medium. It's good weed, but not "top shelf". It is, as of this moment, the best I have. I'm searching for a mind blowing trippy high of yesteryear. It has been 7 or 8 years since I have been in possesion of something like that.

Towards this goal, I'm testing a Purple Haze x Thai male by pollinating the SAGE with it. If the children of this cross keep the good quality high, but are more potent, then I will be one happy pollen chucker.

Here are some pictures:

In the last picture, the glow in the dark looking one with gigantic and skinny leaves is the male.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

SAMSEED

pheno 2 is definitely the keeper pheno , a friend the exact same one in looks and colour , i would like to think smell aswell , just smelling the screen , pretty much the same lol. peace

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I just happen to have a SAGE cutting in the oven now for the last two weeks. I have been growing this on and off for about two years. A cutting was gifted by a friend.

The smell of this cut is divine. I would describe it as woody, and honey and spice. Vaguely sage, if you have a vivid imagination, but really more peppery. It's woody and sweet with a bit of pepper. I absolutely love the aroma.

I'm a sativa lover who is sick and mostly tired of indica. Ha! Tired is what 98% of all indica makes me. I'm too old to want any more tired in my life. This SAGE is one of the few indica x sativa crosses the preserves the "life is good" and trippy sativa high but with some heft to the buds, stems, and pungency.

I would rate the potency of this cut as medium. It's good weed, but not "top shelf". It is, as of this moment, the best I have. I'm searching for a mind blowing trippy high of yesteryear. It has been 7 or 8 years since I have been in possesion of something like that.

Towards this goal, I'm testing a Purple Haze x Thai male by pollinating the SAGE with it. If the children of this cross keep the good quality high, but are more potent, then I will be one happy pollen chucker.

Here are some pictures:
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=45106&pictureid=1056739&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=45106&pictureid=1056740&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=45106&pictureid=1056741&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

In the last picture, the glow in the dark looking one with gigantic and skinny leaves is the male.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Update:

Here is how my cross turned out:
picture.php

Smells great, and I can't wait to smoke it.

ThaiBliss

A

AlterEgo860

got some beans of SAGE crosses.. cant wait to pop those bad boys.

RulaTone

Veteran
Great Job!
I once had a SAGE wich smelled of Green Apple. Even smoked she was so flavourful of acidic apples. fantastic. And the high....
Doing a little research i came up that the "green apple" pheno is actually a pheno of the Sage'n'sour cross.
Hope to find it again

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Great Job!
I once had a SAGE wich smelled of Green Apple. Even smoked she was so flavourful of acidic apples. fantastic. And the high....
Doing a little research i came up that the "green apple" pheno is actually a pheno of the Sage'n'sour cross.
Hope to find it again

I've smoked a couple of different weeds that had what I would describe as having apple cider aromas. Both were exceptional.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
lovely looking puffage.. i love the nug to leaf ratio easier trim job. peace n puffs

sackO

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
not sure if it's still the same TODAY but back in the day... i used to get crazy potent batches of SAGE from a close buddy...these were THICK dense HUGE buds that were sticky as shit and had one of the most unique flavors and highs I have ever expereinced...it was a total sativa but with body..not all head..hence the Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium- SAGE...

i believe its a Big Sur Hollyweed crossed to a nice Afghani

peace
Chefboy

Cannavore

Veteran
not sure if it's still the same TODAY but back in the day... i used to get crazy potent batches of SAGE from a close buddy...these were THICK dense HUGE buds that were sticky as shit and had one of the most unique flavors and highs I have ever expereinced...it was a total sativa but with body..not all head..hence the Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium- SAGE...

i believe its a Big Sur Hollyweed crossed to a nice Afghani

peace
Chefboy

I smoke exactly this in NY all the time. Most people dont buy it because its too strong.

Echronomyseeds

Sage : from feminized seeds in 2009.

Sage : from feminized seeds in 2009.

afghanica pheno, super killer hash producer, with very complex mango orange earthy garlic soil smell

Heusinomics

Big respect to the SAGE MASTER! Aka Adam Dunn

Iv been a big fan of the sage since 2003 and have personally worked it into an f4. Selecting towards the super frosty sativa/big sur side!
As well as many X's over the years, to things like:
Blue dream
Death Star
Grapefruit
Island sweet skunk
Chem 91
Bubba (family cut)
All with spectacular results!

Iv notice tho that the description has changed over the years tho! Now referring to the sativa (big sur?) as a select "Cali haze"!! It may jst b advertising and not a change in genetics. But it makes me hesitant to get new stock.
Witch seems possible! As I still find 3 phenos(burnt rubber indicas,bandanna smelling sativas, and an odd uniquely sagey or herbacious 1!) consistently in my gear. None of wich smell of "haze or ammonia"!! Wich would b found in a haze line.

Anyone have experiance w SAGE beans befor around 2005?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I have a cut for the last 4 years or so. I don't know how old that cut is originally. It is more Sativa looking than anything I've seen posted and can turn violet or very dark purple, almost black, depending on conditions. Cures to a mauve color. It smells very pungent sweet and sagey while growing, but cures to a pine/turpentine aroma. Yes, I believe the description has changed over time. I remember Mexican Zacatecas Purple mentioned, but I think that is what Big Sur Holy Weed has in it.

I've crossed it to a Purple Haze x Thai male, and the aromas are spectacular. It got a berry wine and incense like smell to it. It came out a bit stronger, but not as clean and clear as the cut is. The original cut starts out with a fairly common type of high, then seems to clear up and reveal a kind of trippy, clean, in a higher orbit type of high. Reminds me of the good ole days of imported exotic Sativa.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I adore whispy sativa buds with long pistils like this. Screams "goodbye depression".

Tell us about it once you try it out.

That SAGE cross was a nice mix of stony and high, without any couch-lock. In fact it had an energy to it, like a fire inside, that kept me active. After the cure, it had a purple hue to it. That and the resin gave it great bag appeal.
:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts