What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Nevilles Haze still the strongest haze?

D

Dalaihempy

dalaihempy:

have you ever smoked ot1Haze? or is your opinion that it's not a haze only based on what other people have said?

You really think after 40 years there is still a pothead that remembers the real story 100 % correct and even tells it? and do you really think that pothead would be exactly the one whos making money with haze?

if you never smoked it you should be more careful in making statements about what it is or is not :)

don't take this post as offense, but you complain people talking about haze without ever having grown it and maybe it's time to take a step back and realise that what you are doing here is pretty similar...

btw i can only second what others have said: if you are looking for haze to smoke and not to breed you're better of with a hybrid! just 2 weeks ago i tried lots if Ohaze (tfd) flowered 5 months indoor, then cured for 3-4 months, still wasn't even close to a good skunk x haze ;)

good vibes to all sativa heads :)

Hi bob well it is like this no i have not smoket it and in all honesty i belive it to be a good sativa line but the point is its not haze.

I was offerd what people call ot1 haze by Gant at the same time ace fet shanti was fact and i sed no and i knew way back then what was going on and yep a few years late it came about.

I will give you a short history leson on the line ot1 calls haze.

Ot1 gave it to a person called pacific to grow out and make fresh seeds pass them back now pacific could not grow them in short were she was and offerd them to a guy called walfman in shantis forum at cw and pacific didnt call them haze just an old sativa and wolfman sed yes and took them now there was no deal done just past on for him to do as he liked with them (have the posts saved) to prove all this to by the way then wolfman in short got a few up not many made seeds and also made a few xs one being a x to c99 i belive.

Any way long story short the fact is ot1 who i dont know and more than likely is a nice guy has sed it is not haze from the haze bothers but what he belives to be a line that the haze could of been made from possible erly haze now haze had to of come from the haze brothers and ot1 has also claimed in a post he had a hand in supplieing the genetics that later become sk nl and many more now come on now are we going to belive every thing people post if thats the case well im one of the haze brothers and yep i have the only pure haze left on the planet and yes you got it haze was infact australian prove it was not bet you cant lol..

I should add why is it that wolfman never got any credit for his efferts typical and expected self intrest self gain.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
I will give you a short history leson on the line ot1 calls haze.

Ot1 gave it to a person called pacific to grow out and make fresh seeds pass them back now pacific could not grow them in short were she was and offerd them to a guy called walfman in shantis forum at cw and pacific didnt call them haze just an old sativa and wolfman sed yes and took them now there was no deal done just past on for him to do as he liked with them (have the posts saved) to prove all this to by the way then wolfman in short got a few up not many made seeds and also made a few xs one being a x to c99 i belive.

Any way long story short the fact is ot1 who i dont know and more than likely is a nice guy has sed it is not haze from the haze bothers but what he belives to be a line that the haze could of been made from possible erly haze now haze had to of come from the haze brothers and ot1 has also claimed in a post he had a hand in supplieing the genetics that later become sk nl and many more now come on now are we going to belive every thing people post if thats the case well im one of the haze brothers and yep i have the only pure haze left on the planet and yes you got it haze was infact australian prove it was not bet you cant lol..

I should add why is it that wolfman never got any credit for his efferts typical and expected self intrest self gain.

I have read all those stories (stories not histories ;) ) before... but that's exactly my point: do you really think what happened the last 40 years can be easily subsumed in 2 short paragraphs?

you do not know where the seeds came from in the end, if haze brothers or not... even in the 70ies haze was a rather loosely used term, so yeah at one point there might have been only one haze (although i doubt that) but reality today is that there are more than one hazes out there (to that even you agree, as you state you believe that nevile got a different haze line than the one sam brought over) now you can say it's only haze when it's from the haze brothers, but have you ever seen prove anyone (be it sam, shanti, nevile, ot, or whoever) that their haze directly comes from those brothers? i have not, all i ever hear is talk...and that's why there are people claiming dna's canalope haze is the only real haze on the market because they are the only ones who are mentioning the haze brothers in their description (that really happened to me some weeks ago in a local growshop here)

so i prefer to stick with what i can see rather than what i'm told, and what i see is that there are certain traits that many of us relate to the name haze (being pure sativa, with a terpene profile that goes into the direction spicy, incense, catpiss, lemon, etc and has a strong sativa effect which is almost psychedelic) now if a line fits in these characteristics i'm fine with it being called haze...

what drives me crazy are all those new "hazes" that are said to finish in 10 weeks or less, there is were the name haze really becomes irrelevant at some point...

but thing is: charlie and dubi know what they are doing, they know about the haze traits and they think that OT1Haze is a good representation of haze, and for me that's enough to let it be called haze :)

i hope you understand where i'm coming from... in the end it's a linguistic question...

hell ever thought of translating "dank as hell"? if so can you tell me why "dank as hell" would be a good description for well-dried high quality cannabis flowers? :D because i honestly don't get that ;)

good vibes

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
toms haze comeing from posi is not 100/% haze but a x like nh or ssh from the research i did .

not bustin your balls hempy, but could you post up your research where you come to the conclusion that the Posi haze that Tom aquired is not straight Haze?
im under the impression that Tom purchased straight Haze, which at the time he visted with them was not a menu item, another words they werent sellin a straight haze. they did have the PHaze which we all know was a hybrid.

i really would like to see your rsearch on this seedline

thanks CBF

bigherb

Veteran
a haze party i wasnt invited

just wanted to comment on the ot line even tho it hasnt really grabbed my interest

wat is interesting is that the line carries the purple trait n incense traits n has many of the qualities that haze is known for including the diff color phenos blue red/magneta

so i prefer to stick with what i can see rather than what i'm told, and what i see is that there are certain traits that many of us relate to the name haze (being pure sativa, with a terpene profile that goes into the direction spicy, incense, catpiss, lemon, etc and has a strong sativa effect which is almost psychedelic) now if a line fits in these characteristics i'm fine with it being called haze...

i feel the same

thats yyy im sure our nyc haze was of early haze bros stock ,caz the traits of terpenes are almost exact too the description ive got of haze bros haze

interesting to hear of idie in the tom hill haze as this is a first

another note a fellow at my other site is runnin i believe c5 n hph n claims he used to grow all the cuts .now i dont doubt it the pics look spot on to machaze oldschool hazes ,i anint seen haze like that since outdoor uptowns

anyway he dont post much but says he'll answer my questions wen he can i guess send pm's

1luvbigherb

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze #19 x Skunk [Nirvana BV] diddles (pees) on most of them IMO .. lol

Both parents are from Wernard/positronics stock,, genetics originally swapped with Sam! No question on authenticity,, still strong,, heavy yields,, when grown well,, still great dope! :canabis:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
020-5.jpg

hempy stated that he knows why...:biggrin:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I n I nah care for squabbles n stuff and dont wish to be a kill joy ,, however please correct us if we have it wrong...

Haze = x 3-4 sativa (Colombian x Mexican x Thai x Indian or Vietnamese/Cambodian ,,or Jamaican.

n.b exact sativa lineage still debatable

Neville's Haze = Colombian x Thai x Northern Lights

n.b. Northern Lights = Thai x Afghan

Whatever the beef and entomology,, this post falls on the dopest "Haze" plant out there...

Super Silver Haze = NL x "Haze" x Skunk x "Haze"

,, which regardless of "Haze" origin/lineage (Neville's version or the original) smokes like fire from here!

Unless yo haze Puritans (we doubt it),, then SuperSilverHaze ticks most boxes on the Haze front :yes:

Peace out ALL

N.B. we never tested Tom's line yet,, so cant comment on that one,, but yo can quote the rest on the above ,, with peace n love :bandit:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 different Hazes + several hybrids available almost 30 years ago
pic courtesy of four seasons ;)

user65088_pic191745_12553161541.jpg

Neville's Haze = Colombian x Thai x Northern Lights

The Mr. Nice version of Neville's Haze is a NL5/Haze x Haze cross while the Greenhouse version is (taken word for word from a video interview with Franco in September of 2009, http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAttitudeInc#p/u/12/rgNKwO-IC-g)
Franco said:
This is a cross between a Michoacán Haze from Mexico and god knows what else, we don't really know anymore the pedigree of this beautiful plant(chuckle).

n.b. Northern Lights = Thai x Afghan
Northern Lights #5 is a pure Afghani and Northern Lights #2 is the Afghani/Thai cross.
:smokeit:

bigherb

Veteran
RACO

hempy stated that he knows why...

why?

are you referring to haze A male

1luvbigherb

A

alpinestar

Funny thing is ot1 is not even haze as in from the guys called the haze brothers i dont know how you can call something haze if its even in ot1s wards a line that came before haze was developed.

Heres the thing from what i know sams haze is diffrent to the haze used by neville and now mr nice toms haze comeing from posi is not 100/% haze but a x like nh or ssh from the research i did and tfd is sed to be pure but how many of you have infact grown old school sativas like thia or others and grown diffrent haze hybrids to honestly know what your talking about it seams most just jump in and say this or that and in most cases have not even grown a haze hybrid to know.

Now if were going to be up front and honest wich in short i think it is way over due in this community if you were to grow pure haze indoors do you lot realise that not only would they take well over 10 weeks to sex and would need well over 20 weeks to finish the harvested product would look like complet shit being airy leafy like flowers there lies the reson why haze is and always will be a line that needs to be breed with something other to be not only grown indoors but to be grown out doors as few places could even grow a pure haze line out doors.

I havent grown toms line but would as it looks like a nice line would i try tfd not any more as like sinsi things must of changed there and as for ot1s well no out of principal becouse i hate liers and thats not directed at ace seeds they i respect others i dont.

If you have not tryed NH my advice is try a well selected plant i would bet that the next move most would be makeing is finding orthentic NH f1 seeds its not for every one but if you like sativas then this lines a must.

But saying that a well breed 50% haze line like ssh mangohaze shithaze skunkhaze nlhaze so on is also something people should explore not only will you find very haze expresive plants but with selection and luck you can find plants that can come in very fast for what it is and yield huge carring a cross the haze high.

Also a line worth adding is kalimist what i grew suprised me and is worthy of a place next to any good haze line that strain still suprise me from clone looks like an every day dutch hybrid i wouldnt give it a secound look if i walked past it yet you smoke it and well expect a shoke like smokeing the best old school thia credit to simon and the work that went into its creation.

the original haze was brought to europe a long time ago
each person did what they wanted with those unstable seeds to create their own lines of haze. As long as the line wasnt crossed with new genetics it can still be considered pure haze because htere never was a haze line that was "it" - this should be obvious as the pure hazes back then were just as varied as you see now, so there was no one plant or specific pheno that was haze. You had all sorts of crazy stuff to play with.

posi did selection
tom used posi's stuff to make his line which involved some selction

tfd did a lot of selection and breeding with it

oldtimers haze was an open pollination of the pure haze seeds

imho
these all need to be open pollinated together (to try to see if some new vigor can be pulled out of pure haze) and then distributed to get more good genetics out there and less commercialized bullshit that keeps getting rehashed into something new.

bigherb

Veteran
the original haze was brought to europe a long time ago
each person did what they wanted with those unstable seeds to create their own lines of haze. As long as the line wasnt crossed with new genetics it can still be considered pure haze because htere never was a haze line that was "it" - this should be obvious as the pure hazes back then were just as varied as you see now, so there was no one plant or specific pheno that was haze. You had all sorts of crazy stuff to play with.

true but all to som extent

there were 4 phenos or colors reported of original haze ,not soo much variation but most of the traits are agreed upon

as for the persons we only kno of one person neville who sams supposedly gave direct
a line haze bros haze nev did the breeding at the seedbank n gh

other then nev tomhill is known to hav a haze line specifically whos is debateable as old ed claims of diff source then sams haze from posi

but again that incense trait we all kno has been reported in sams haze hybrid lines but he hasnt spoke on this trait ,which is also in ot's line n mns haze

imho
these all need to be open pollinated together (to try to see if some new vigor can be pulled out of pure haze) and then distributed to get more good genetics out there and less commercialized bullshit that keeps getting rehashed into something new

sounds interesting but i dont think it will produce the legend

rotterdam still supposedly holds her closely guarded

shanti has spoke of a the pure haze female n male why not give us a pure haze

1luvbigherb

D

Dalaihempy

fact is this posi genetics tom used was sort out so it was good and i my self would grow toms haze out any day not only is toms work good the guy called tom hill is a nice guy and as far as iv seen has only ever been honest more have made money from his work than he has.

You can look at a plant see its flowering times and flower structure to know if its a pure haze or not fellas dont take a rocket scientis to work out if its pure haze or not what really matters here is if its infact haze or a real haze hybrid and toms is.

You can say wat ever you like roco fact is ot1 is a lieing shit and like i sed i like the ace people ot1 i dont becouse his full of shit if people support his lies then im sorry to say i have no respect for them as they know as i do and as many others that saw this unfold that it is simply about money and ego and if you support it your as bad as him.

You jump in like a polly trying to cover the truth every time roco you seam like a nice guy tho can i ask you roco is that secret site still up and running the invite only breeders group still active and are they still chanting how people like shanti simon and others are strain hurders and greedy for makeing money from a plant that should be free yet these same people hideing in there secret invite only groups at sites and forums with in some sites are doing the same thing given half a chance but with little to no breeding and makeing money from people who they feed on sinical no just know more than most.

You ever grow out even a pack of real f1 nevilles haze roco or a pack of f1 mangohaze or any of nevilles work like the nlhz or even the g13hz fact is roco nevilles haze lines are still sort out and spoken about like mythical storys years after he walked back into the shadows.

Do you know when i first saw haze roco ? it was in 1979 december i belive and back then you could get a bag of pan red or a good seedless bag of quolity sativa that basicly looked the size of an oz for $25 yet a small coin back of what they called haze here wich was tripping weed went for $20 to $25 if you looked at it do you think it looked any thing like wat say a neviles haze flower would no see you and every one else can say what you like i know what pure haze looked like and it was not prity or resiny what it looked like was oily dark wet looking clump of leaf pushed into a bagy.

Ot1 did wat here breed or worked a line no he past on an aleged old sat line to a person who then gave it away as they could not grow it then that person germinated the seeds got a small amount up and then made seeds he then past it back to others to grow now fact is ot1 got credit wolfman did not why is that roco i dont see his name any were or do i see it being past around for free as it was ment to be so in short dont distort the topic with old posts from me that has no relevence.

Back to topic real haze be it hybrids found at mr nice tfd tom hill we happy now .

verge

Hi bob well it is like this no i have not smoket it

Any way long story short the fact is ot1 who i dont know and more than likely is a nice guy has sed it is not haze from the haze bothers but what he belives to be a line that the haze could of been made from possible erly haze

Dalaihempy said:
You can say wat ever you like roco fact is ot1 is a lieing shit and like i sed i like the ace people ot1 i dont becouse his full of shit

Who on earth is going to take you seriously when you dont even know what your saying from one minute to the next? you've made that quite apparent just in this thread.

Dalaihempy said:
if people support his lies then im sorry to say i have no respect for them as they know as i do and as many others that saw this unfold that it is simply about money and ego and if you support it your as bad as him.

Do you think Ot1 has benefited from the sales Ot1Haze?
All he's had from where im sat is pathetic shits like you try and tarnish his good name.

D

Dalaihempy

Who on earth is going to take you seriously when you dont even know what your saying from one minute to the next? you've made that quite apparent just in this thread.

Do you think Ot1 has benefited from the sales Ot1Haze?
All he's had from where im sat is pathetic shits like you try and tarnish his good name.

The only pathetic shits here are the likes of you verge are you part of the secretive group and invite only clics to im thinking yes like i give a toss wat you have to say ask your self how would a person that was wonting to grow real haze or a real haze hybrid feel if they knew what they grew and paid hard money for was infact not wat they paid for bet they be fucken pist off.

Honesty you heard of it ?.

Heres a few quotes.

From ace seed.......Our haze seeds came from the last haze reproductions done in California in the late 70s and they have a great preservation value for us.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer1 at bcg forum

My haze was brought here [uk] from the states during its development it was still being developed field scale and may not represent the finished product. From what I have gleaned the nearest to the real thing on sale in Europe was sold by Wernard of Positronics. After he went bankrupt his stock and seed Co was taken over by Dutch passion / Home grown fantaseeds. Both these seed banks are run by relatives. The thing is that the spec for their haze has been changed from posies one in a big reduction on the finish time on 12/12. I suspect they have made a cross to a non dom indica.The thing is if you want to grow real haze it takes 12 to 16 weeks on 12/12 the very best being the late ones. The only other Haze that may have some of the original one in could be Nevils haze but greenhouse haven't published its spec yet but once again I suspect it will have indica added we will see. Most the other so called haze are lambs breath and Thai crosses. In fact in Holland haze has become a generic term for a sat with a strong up high.

oldtimer1
Apr 6 2004, 01:44 AM

nav I was and am, a do nothing no account as far as general society is concerned.

I have not found a modern var I would keep, I have to say I have not tried that many, most of my genetics come from before there were any seed banks.

Of modern I thought romberry and C99 were good efforts, but neither had the quality of high I look for. I would give them maybe 4 or 5 out of ten. I grew out over a 100 sensi seed bank Jack Herer when they first came out. Not one even made 1 out of 10 in my books.

I was involved in contributing genetics in the early days towards the breeding of what later became skunk#1, but I don�t like what it has become now. I loved field grown haze from SoCal when it was first being developed. Todays versions are pale in comparison.

Wat a crock of shit go back to your club house and smoke something and stop supporting some one that cant lie straght in bed.

I dont like bull shit and or should any one in this community.

Toms Haze info.

I passed on the Purple Haze from Positronics, but Posi was the source
of my Haze pictured, Positronics "Original Haze". Their "Purple Haze"
was a hybrid i believe w/maybe purple#1?. You'll have to check with
Sam Skunkman as to what the other component in the Purple Haze was,
he was doing the breeding for them at the time. What folks really
want is the pure haze, but they just can't get that song out of their
heads

Best Regards,
Tom

What a crock, Positronics did not even have any Haze until I gave it
to them after the mid 1980's. They crossed Haze with a local Pars
Purple outdoor variety that was weak shit pot that had a nice color.
FYI, Purple Haze was sold in the early 1970's by the Haze Brothers
in Santa Cruz, I should know I smoked it back then every day for
years....
BTW, some of the Purple Haze needed cold to turn purple, others did
not need cold and were purple even if never cold. Purple Haze was
pure Original Haze, and the purple color was not dominate, so easy to
lose.
I also like the Silver Blue, and Lime Green Haze better then the
Purple Haze, because they were more up, clear, and energetic in the
high. But the Purple may have been the strongest Haze and got the top
prices. It also looked great.
Did eneyone ever hear the band the Original Haze? Jerry Miller from
the Moby Grape started the group in the 70's after smoking the
Original Haze in Santa Cruz. He loved the Haze and bought a lot!!!

SamS

posies spec for haze used to be:-[/B
]

Mostly Mexican and Colombian some southern Indian and Thai A pure breeding stabilised hybrid pure sativa appearance many slim flowers can be lime green, dark green, silver blue or purple smell/taste Incredible sticky sweet. almost sweet and sour smell high very potent, clear up, energetic high
height 2 -3 metres
yield med - high
harvest date Netherlands natural photo period - end December
12 hr exposure to harvest 12 to 16 weeks

verge

You are so full of hate Hempy!

Im not part of any secret, invite only clubs mate. Tho from where im sat the fact your not is obviously causing you a lot of pain and upset. Whats up, you feel left out? un appreciated? Aww, poor hempy! :(

Is it the fact that Ot1 has had a haze named after him that really gets your goat? Should Ace have called their Haze HempyHaze?

They are seeds Ot1 regarded as Haze.
The FACT (as you'd put it) is he passed them on with all the information he had. ACE named the strain Ot1 haze. I still fail to see which part of this makes Ot1 a liar and a cheat???

As far as im concerned it is one of the closest representations of Haze available today, but oh wait a minute! You havent even bothered to try any, you'd rather just trawl the internet spreading your shit, I mean come on this has been going on since ACE released the Haze. Your like a dog with a bone and its embarrassing to watch. If you had a shred of credibility you would have grown a pack out by now in an attempt to justify your ill aimed attacks.

You are nasty, hate filled, and your posts, with bold bits and everything dont mean shit!!! Ot1 is a very old man and integrity is one thing he has by the bucket load.

You Hempy, you could only dream of holding the lines he does!

What with fake Hazes, secret forums (tin foil hat time) fuck me Hempy, you lead the life of a secret agent!

Like I said, pathetic.

Burt

Veteran
a nice cone of haze would put this thread and the ill feelings within it back into perspective i think-who's holding?