What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

tell me its not what I think it is...hermie

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Its a cut from the last run from seed. (Malawi) The plant I took the cut from was seeded. I thought maybe it was pollinated from another hermie in the garden, but saw no pollen. I took cuts thinkin the mother was stresses that caused her to be seeded. It was in there 3 months before I saw it was seeded. I want to avoid that:tumbleweed:

Anyway, back to the cut. its still in veg and I'm seeing balls. Its only about 3-4 weeks old.

thanks for taking a look

J-Icky

Yeah from what I can see in that pic it def looks like it’s growing some balls.
I don’t know where your located but there is a product available in the states called Florel that can be used to suppress the male hormone in herms. I think the chemical in that is Ethephon which breaks down into ethylene which is the “female” hormone in cannabis.
It actually works so well it can be used to flip a male plant into a female much like sts can cause a female to grow pollen sacks.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow thats interesting , even used to flip a Male ? . Wow im defo looking into that, could be a great tool for seedmakers
Thanks
I don’t know where your located but there is a product available in the states called Florel that can be used to suppress the male hormone in herms. I think the chemical in that is Ethephon which breaks down into ethylene which is the “female” hormone in cannabis.
It actually works so well it can be used to flip a male plant into a female much like sts can cause a female to grow pollen sacks.

JockBudman

Does florel totally reverse the sex at a genetic level then? Coz surely if all it does is suppress the male tendencies without changing it genetically, the plant would still pass on the hermie trait in any crosses?
And would you need to treat the plant every time you grow a cut?

Not sure I'd rely on something like that for making seeds.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im just talking about reversing my Male cuts to see what the Terps are
Does florel totally reverse the sex at a genetic level then? Coz surely if all it does is suppress the male tendencies without changing it genetically, the plant would still pass on the hermie trait in any crosses?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im just talking about reversing my Male cuts to see what the Terps are, can be a great tool and save alot of time

clearheaded

ya its an old trick to see what traits a male has as a fem. dont want to smake it tho! nasty stuff.

no not genetic just opposite of what silver spray does. in. theory could bburn kerosene and produce ethylene to make a male a female..

hard to see in pic looks like a "ball" has a pistile if ball has a stem its forsure herm.. sometimes weird shaped calyxs real early look like balls but end dup being 100% fem. i would suspect u woulda found nanners in ur flowers if its a true hermie tossing out nans as preflowers..

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
True but... if I am not mistaken, both male and female reversals, the plant cannot be consumed. You can collect the pollen for future use but, a lot of "hermaphroditing" comes from genetically predisposed plants. So, using that, to impregnate plants is questionable at best, a coin toss with the odds against you. :tiphat:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just mean reversing the Male so it produces female hairs/buds and if your familiar with the Genetics the Terps will tell which was its leaning, i don't mean to smoke.

X

xavier7995

I just mean reversing the Male so it produces female hairs/buds and if your familiar with the Genetics the Terps will tell which was its leaning, i don't mean to smoke.

That would be pretty interesting and useful. It would be cool to compare what you are selecting for from the male side using the same sort of criteria you do on the female, if that makes sense.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Thanks for taking a look at my malawi. I probably wont try to reverse it, but interesting reading, I'll just throw them away, I'm glad I didn't have to wait 3 months to find out.

Latest posts

Latest posts