What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubba o kush f4

jayd

photos are 4 bubba o kush f4s roughly 4 weeks old in bio bizz all mix with added bio tabs in 6ltr airpots. they are under a 600 watt led with just veg switch turned on . i seem to have a slight problem with 1 maybe cal/mag. got some rust patches ive not had before?

bubba o kush started out as being called bubba o bred by motarebel and is a pre 98 bubba kush x ghost og male. the male was found from some s1 seeds motarebel grew from ORkids og kush/ogers what then became know as ghost og. motarebel passed some seeds onto rushman who said he crossed them to another bubba kush not the pre98 but rumour was he just mades f2s. FOE20 then made the f3s and then myself organic herbalist made a batch of f4s what i sent out for free all over the place (roughly 2000 seeds) . my bro FOE20 is working on f5s from the seeds i sent him not so long ago. i made the f4s about 11 years ago and still got 100% germ rate. when i made the f4s i used 2 males and 2 females . i female was more totum like with some og flavour and the other was pure coffee kush smell taste with a heavy deep potent stone.
out the the 4 1 is a very short slow grower. another is a bit slow and 1 is a lot vigorous possible a male. all 4 have nice big fat dark leafs. i just topped the 3 smaller plants yesterday but am leaving the bigger untopped as i suspect it will be a male and have just put it into 12/12 along side some LUI. im going veg out the other 3 for another couple weeks. if the bigger 1 is a male il be crossing to LUI and hopefully keep some pollen to make some f5s if i like the look of any of the females. pics are of the 3 topped plants. taken just before lights come on

nickman

Veteran
You say they’re f4’s... bubba doesn’t stretch much in flower from what I recall... you may have wanted to wait a little longer before you flower that one... just so you can get more bud sites out of her...

jayd

its a bubba x og x bubba. the f3s i grew doubled in size. these are def more bubba dom and slower than the f3s . im not really after a lot of bud as im after making some seeds and maybe take a clone or 2 also looking for a male to cross with another strain ive got.

jayd

i culled the male. i topped the remaining 3 roughly 10 days ago. 1 is bushing out a bit ive got a feeling it might be a male. i removed the top fans to try get some more light to the lower branches. going to give another 2 or 3 weeks veg. they smell strong in veg and have nice big dark fan leaves. when i made the f4s i used 2 males and 2 females. 1 of the females was really bubba dom with golf ball dense nugs what stank of hashy coffee kush the other was a more taller pole type between the bubba and og. the bubba seeds were smaller than the other females and it was these smaller seeds what ive sprouted so perhaps thats why they are a lot slower to veg than last time as they are more bubba dom. il take some pics tomorrow

Ganja 13

From my understanding the original Bubba O were a result from Oger Kush reversed ( Ghost Og S1 female )crossed to Bubba Kush

jayd

From my understanding the original Bubba O were a result from Oger Kush reversed ( Ghost Og S1 female )crossed to Bubba Kush

i thought the oger/ghost was a male found from S1 but you could be right. either way its a proper tasty potent strain

Last edited:

jayd

2 of the 3 have 3 sets of branches the other has 4. ive topped once and removed the top fan leafs a couple days ago as they were so big. the 1 with 4 sets is bushing out and growing better perhaps it might be a male but not preflowering yet. i did have 3 hashplant x g13/nlxafghan seeds from mr soul but all 3 were males was gutted but still got 10 seeds left. the seedling in the big pot is a auto wish id planted her a couple weeks ago as going veg the bubba o for another couple/few more weeks and once i remove the bubba o il leave the auto under the light 18/6

jayd

sorry for lack of updates. plants will be 7 weeks from flip this weekend. i changed from the led to a 250 watt hps. shouldnt of topped the plants really as they didnt stretch at all. both are very frosty. ive got a bit of a problem with 1 of them, the top leaves are getting all rusty spots over them. im feeding AN ph perfect micro grow and bloom, not used them before and doubt il use them again. il take some pics over weekend

jayd

still got 2 to 3 weeks left. need tp fatten up. not got the bubba coffee hashy pheno what i had before what i loved but got some more seeds to hunt through also got some f6s coming later on in the year from my bro FOE20

you can see the rusty spots on some of the top leaves on 1 of the plants. only happened when i changed to hps and started to feed AN ph perfect yet its only effected 1 palnt