What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnesium deficiency or potassium deficiency?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Strain is FastBuds auto in 3 gallon soil.
Does this plant have Magnesium deficiency or potassium deficiency? How can i fix the problem.
I feed with 6-12-6 bloom food at a water ph of around 6.3 i let the soil dry before each watering.

I have some cal+mag i could use on the next watering. Would this help any?

picture.php

picture.php

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi bro !

Cal deficiency for sure :

calcium-feuilles.jpg

1 part magnesium goes with 2 parts calcium , never forget !

Go for your cal/mag right now , or simply much more nutes !

:tiphat:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I use tap water I then i add the fertilizer then PH Adjust it to around 6.0. Then water the plant.
I feed a medium dosage Ferts is medina has to grow 6-12-6
I think that a three gallon pot still is in big enough for autos.

Yesterday i used the cal+mag in hopes this will help.
What else might I try? A higher dosage of food?

Thanks for the help.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you check soil pH as well? With problems being seen in leaves, it might be prudent to check soil pH. Those leaves won't revert back to green. You'll see new growth, if healthy/balanced, with no new evidence of deficiencies.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use tap water I then i add the fertilizer then PH Adjust it to around 6.0. Then water the plant.
I feed a medium dosage Ferts is medina has to grow 6-12-6
I think that a three gallon pot still is in big enough for autos.

Yesterday i used the cal+mag in hopes this will help.
What else might I try? A higher dosage of food?

Thanks for the help.

Plants consume much more cal/mag under leds, so , yeah , more nutes can be a solution .

Or may be your cal/mag additive is already the solution .
Use it whatever .

You need to apply it few times (few days) to see a significative difference .

:tiphat:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So more bloom food and more cal+mag+iron and she sould make it to the end of flowering cycle i hope.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Cal-mag is mostly used with RO, Distilled or rain water because all the elements have been filtered or distilled out. Tap water comes from groundwater that is percolated on the ground and picks up Calcium, magnesium and other elements. If you check your tap water EC you will find that its high in content. When using tap water a lot of nutrients receptor sites gets blocked with elements that are not Calcium or Magnesium and show up as deficiencies in the plants. By looking at your plants you could benefit greatly by using cleaner water supplemented with Cal-mag.

Latest posts

Latest posts