What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the maximum yield in a 2'x4' area

alpo

My current setup is two 2'x4' tents with a ChilLED GrowCraft 480w in each tent. My soil grow will be done by the end of the month and then I am switching to coco coir drip to waste. I put a 22"x45" ActiveAqua table in each tent or I think I could replace the two 2'x4' tents with one GGT 5'x9' with a Botanicare slide bench setup 4'x7'6" with a Gavita 1700e and turn my ChilLED GrowCraft into a 4x4 turned down to 645w.

480w + 480w = 960w

or

645w + 645w = 1290w

let us say this person achieved 1.4gpw I am looking at a difference of 3lbs vs 4lbs or 2.3gpw would be 5lbs vs 6.6lbs

Koondense

Veteran
What is your target yield for area?

My personal best was a pound per 2x4 under 300w of diy cob leds.
picture.php

Cheers

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The big cash croppers like Critical Mass are backed by breeders claims of 500-650g a meter. A 4x4 is 1.5sqm so a Kg is a reasonable upper limit. For a super hero.

Best yield and gram per watt are too very different things. If you want best yield you have to waste a bit of light saturating things. Best gram per watt comes from stretching your light out over the biggest area possible. That won't lead to the highest yields or the best buds. Just a great gpw.

DunHav`nFun

Go look here in Indoor hydro and read the thread on the Gavita 1700e and find out what dude pulled from 4 x 8 tent with 2 Gavita 645`s over each 4 x 4 area.....sshz if I remember his handle , but he`s also got a thread at the Farm documenting 2 grows with the equipment so far.....

He hit well over 3 lbs per each 4 x 4 so it`s worth checking out the thread.....but.....To answer the original question yield in a 2 x 4 is subjective and a roll of the dice at best depending on too many X factors that can affect the bottom line......Strain dependent first and foremost , growth structure as close to single cola as possible to pack as many per sq ft in as possible , and canopy management as well as optimum environmental control start to finish with air exchange twice per minute.....anyways.....Good luck and.....

Peace......DHF.....:ying:.....

alpo

I guess my current setup would max out at 1.25lbs per light 2.5lbs total.

I don't know if a 5x9 tent would leave me enough room to work on plants with the sliding table being 4'x7'6". I would have to put my portable ac inside the tent making it a closed system and during winters I guess I would just leave it on the fan mode.

or maybe do a few runs with the 2x4 tents and upgrade later?

alpo

Does anyone have input on Coco Coir Brands:

CANNA Coco Coir Natural
or
Char Coir Co. Coco Coir

Legalcdn

My space is not 2x4. It is 3x4 with 2 plants under 220w bridgelux gen2 @1050ma, jacks 5-12-26, canna coco, DTW. 16oz total (1.95gpw roughly). Once autowatering is setup, hoping for 20oz.

Alpo, looks like you are preparing for a great grow. Looking forward to reading. Good luck.

Last edited:

alpo

My space is not 2x4. It is 3x4 with 2 plants under 220w bridgelux gen2 @1050ma, jacks 5-12-26, canna coco, DTW. 16oz total (1.95gpw roughly). Once autowatering is setup, hoping for 20oz.

Alpo, looks like you are preparing for a great grow. Looking forward to reading. Good luck.

What size pots did you use?

Legalcdn

Buckets are 11 liter..about 3 gallon. Square 10x10 inches x 10 height. Hydroton rocks on bottom 1.5 inch, perlite 25%, canna 75%. Top is diatameous earth food grade dusted on top, then 1 inch layer of hydroton rocks,

All coco is buffered again as i do not fully trust manufacturers buffering. I drench with mosquito dunk water (bti). Built portable scrog to attach to bucket. Scrog is 2x2.5ft.

Malawi current run. Picture is 2 weeks old.

picture.php

hopla

My first grow in a 4x2:
3 smartpots (10L) with coco and perlite, 432gr under an electric sky ES300 and following Rezdog recipe (6ml micro+9ml bloom).
And the Jack Herer only harvested 95gr (stunted growth and some other problems), Zkittlez 185gr, Durban Poison 150gr.
Trying some hempy buckets now, really easier and less watering work.

alpo

My first grow in a 4x2:
3 smartpots (10L) with coco and perlite, 432gr under an electric sky ES300 and following Rezdog recipe (6ml micro+9ml bloom).
And the Jack Herer only harvested 95gr (stunted growth and some other problems), Zkittlez 185gr, Durban Poison 150gr.
Trying some hempy buckets now, really easier and less watering work.

Are running the hempy buckets in a 4x2 still?

hopla

Yes Alpo.
In a gorilla tent (the one with the extension to 8'11" height but i only use the 7'11" configuration that is enough), 3x10L buckets.
With a lot of training (Scrog+LST and supercropping if the stretch gets out of hand).

Latest posts

Latest posts