What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese "T8" type lights with lm301h????

Klompen

I was looking at various lights online since I am trying to design new lighting for my chamber, and I ran across these things:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001214622112.html?

They're basically 10W each and have LM301h plus Epistar UV and IR diodes on them. What do you guys think? Do these seem legit? They come out to about a dollar per watt without shipping. I doubt their top-bin, but if the diodes are real they're probably decent right?

Dion

I was looking at various lights online since I am trying to design new lighting for my chamber, and I ran across these things:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001214622112.html?

They're basically 10W each and have LM301h plus Epistar UV and IR diodes on them. What do you guys think? Do these seem legit? They come out to about a dollar per watt without shipping. I doubt their top-bin, but if the diodes are real they're probably decent right?

If the diodes are real yeah

But they are not

And you will find the same light half the price from the manufacturer who doesn't claim they are real

Klompen

How does one find out if they are real or not? I have dealt with this seller before, but I have always been buying Chinese products from them and not anything containing branded parts. I have even had very good experiences with some of those parts, but I really need better efficiency.

Everyone is talking quantum boards, but I can't find any that quite fit my needs. I have found a bunch of LM561c strips that can be wired into arrays and are like 12w each or something, but the shipping is insane of Alibaba right now(probably all the disasters this year). I need a good efficient COB for overhead and I want like 10-20W of high-efficiency LEDs on each side. I am basically building 4 side-by-side chambers that are sort of like a locker. They're 18" wide, 28" deep, and 72" high. I'm thinking a CXB5690 overhead in each or maybe a CMX22, and then some sort of strip lights or maybe high efficiency tape light to illuminate the sides. I don't need a full sun board on each side ya know?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Do not trust it is LM301H except they offer the proof.
Samsung branch office tells us chinese suppliers only can get LM301B.
H is only for USA local suppliers.

Klompen

Thanks. They're probably Syunyu or something instead of Samsung. Bummer... these would have been just right for my space.

Dion

How does one find out if they are real or not? I have dealt with this seller before, but I have always been buying Chinese products from them and not anything containing branded parts. I have even had very good experiences with some of those parts, but I really need better efficiency.

Everyone is talking quantum boards, but I can't find any that quite fit my needs. I have found a bunch of LM561c strips that can be wired into arrays and are like 12w each or something, but the shipping is insane of Alibaba right now(probably all the disasters this year). I need a good efficient COB for overhead and I want like 10-20W of high-efficiency LEDs on each side. I am basically building 4 side-by-side chambers that are sort of like a locker. They're 18" wide, 28" deep, and 72" high. I'm thinking a CXB5690 overhead in each or maybe a CMX22, and then some sort of strip lights or maybe high efficiency tape light to illuminate the sides. I don't need a full sun board on each side ya know?

Look into eb strips from bridgelux and Thomas research has a cheap 40w and 75w driver that works with them both at Digi-Key

If U want to know if it's real or not just check if it ships from China, if so it's fake

Non of the led suppliers out of China are using real cree or bridgelux or Samsung diodes.

They are all using really good fakes, or sometimes shitty fakes
Sometimes the fakes are better than the originals and prices can be better too because no need to pay those pesky R&D costs or licencing and patent fees
Oh yeah!

But it's easy to make an led with high efficiency if U don't need it to last long

Because binning lol

I could go on for days but anyways they are all fakes

Which is fine

But they don't last long

But we have tools to measure light output, so they can't trick us with that anymore

So now just using cheaper material to assemble so that it's cheaper to make with the same output

But they die quickly lol

Oh Chinese led companies

Klompen

I hear ya. I have just finished a grow with Chinese LEDs and they did the job well enough but they are inefficient as hell and some batches are rock solid and others fail constantly(terrible quality control).

Its funny how all the Chinese companies are tied to the CCP and yet they vary so much in practices. MeanWell drivers are made in China if I recall, as are Luminus COB chips; both of which are very high quality. Its like when the Chinese bother to do it right they really hit it out of the park, but otherwise they really do whatever the minimum they can get away with. That's not that unique to China, but the scale of it certainly is.

Klompen

Are the last two posts even supposed to be in this topic? I am not sure which of us you're talking to or what you're talking about. I just wanted to know if these lights were legit.

Koondense

Veteran
Good taste and selling practuces are on opposite ends of the spectrum, if you look at how some operate you can see who has no good taste nor knowledge about the matter their product is covering.
Also supporting the local economy by paying more is good on the long term, paying less for underperforming and decieving specs products is obviously bad in all cases.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts