What's new

One strain to rule them all!

KokoKush

If you could only grow one strain which would you pick and why?

I'll start it off,

Strain- Banana Kush

Breeder- Unknown

Indoor or outdoor- Indoor

Why- Fast growth rate and shade tolerant, resistant to Ph fluctuations and excess nutrient. 65 day flower time. Flowers and leaves covered in trichomes with thick, bright orange hairs. Bud structure is dense but not rock hard, not too leafy. Good bag appeal. Smell makes her a winner; sour, pineapple, mango, creamy coffee, papaya, and green banana. +20% thc, negligible cbd. Yield is medium-high.

Attachments

• 20191110_215159.jpg
    20191110_215159.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191108_221035.jpg
    20191108_221035.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 20
The strongest strain I ever had was a Sour Diesel in New York City in 2013. Hands down the best smoke I have ever had. Everything about it ticked all boxes. The flavour and aroma was something I had never dreamed of. My mouth waters just thinking about it haha.

I just wish I new where it came from. I would be growing that for many years if I could have got my hands on it.

I had some Blueberry x Northern Lights that was insane back in like 2003 or so.

Sweet Blueberry taste and even better high (more Indica) in my opinion.

Plus super bag appeal - great smell and super crystallized.

However, I get tired of smoking the same strain all the time. I’ll get used to it and/or bored of it. I find I need at least 3 different strains at once in order to not get used to them...

KokoKush

If you're growing an amazing strain you get bored of then get some colloidal silver and self them for seed. Save them for later when you remember them again!

TheBlaze

I had some Blueberry x Northern Lights that was insane back in like 2003 or so.

Sweet Blueberry taste and even better high (more Indica) in my opinion.

Plus super bag appeal - great smell and super crystallized.

However, I get tired of smoking the same strain all the time. I’ll get used to it and/or bored of it. I find I need at least 3 different strains at once in order to not get used to them...

I have some GG#4 x NL#5 x 80's BB in flower now. Harvesting them in 4 days. They look and smell very promising. With one exceptional pheno I have my eye on.

THC123

Veteran
Impossible for me !!! I could never use only one strain since the effects are so different

Cloneman

Veteran
Pipe-weed

Pipe-weed

Sounds like The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings

Pipe-weed (also known as Halflings' Leaf or simply Leaf) was a plant developed by the Hobbits of the Shire.
Apparently the plant grew in Númenor and was brought to Middle-earth by Númenóreans during the Second Age. In Gondor it grew as a wild herb, appreciated primarily for its fragrant blossoms and the Gondorians knew it as sweet galenas or more popularly as westmansweed, a reference to its origin.

It was not until the Third Age when it reached Eriador, probably through the Greenway, and the Bree-hobbits were the first to use it for smoking. From Bree the habit of smoking pipe-weed spread to other regions, as well as to other races, such as Men, Dwarves and Wizards.

But it was in the Shire where it was first domesticated, by Tobold Hornblower of Longbottom in Southfarthing around S.R. 1070. The cultivation and exportation of this herb became a key industry in the Shire, especially in the south. Popular varieties of pipe-weed included Longbottom Leaf, Old Toby, and Southern Star from the Shire.Perhaps less popular was Southlinch from Bree.

The Wizard Gandalf learned to smoke pipe-weed from the Hobbits and was often seen blowing smoke-rings.Saruman initially derided him for this, but at some point he took up smoking himself, and even had commerce with the Shire: After the destruction of Isengard, pipe-weed was found among its stores, but the Hobbits Merry and Pippin failed to realize the sinister implications.

After the War of the Ring, Meriadoc Brandybuck authored Herblore of the Shire discussing the origins and history of the Hobbits' 'art' of smoking Pipe-weed.

Sounds crazy but I'm old and my name is Toby so I know about this shit! mmmm fragrant blossoms

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Ok. I'm going to go mythical too!

I'm thinking the all in one universal strain.

Tall and full of fiber for hemp.

Produces large oily seeds for fuel

Produces copious amounts of roots for pain topicals.

Leaves are always perfect for juicing

Super resinous, with three different chemotypes.- 1 high THC, no cbd. 2 low THC, high cbd, 3. High THC, high cbd.

Buds on the slightly loose side, so more room for trichomes and easier to extract if wanted.

Four different taste and aroma phenos. Fuel, fruit, floral, and earthy. With everything in between.

One strain, but in a pack of seeds you find the one that suits your needs. And can use up every part of the plant. Could fit every needed application.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm quite ill and life really sucks for me if I only have a few things to smoke, let alone just one.

I need speedy strains when I wake up, then pain killing, then relaxing, then sleepy and also a variety so tolerance doesn't get worse.

I often think about what single strain is the best overall representation of cannabis and for me it's Forum cut GSC.

Aroma, flavor and effects are just my favorite AND it's about as pretty as they come too.
picture.php

most days I start with ECSD, then Sour Dubb, Chem D, Headband, Forum, Wedding cake, OGKB 2.0, finish with Dos-si-dos. with a couple dozen others in the drawer to mix things up when I get bored.

the main thing about only one strain is it's boring after a minute. I started smoking in '74 at 11. import weed was a real mixture of quality and I learned to build up a stash so you could get through the dry times or the weeks when there was only schwagg available. didn't even dream about the quality I'd be smoking and growing as an old man.

SFV OGK
picture.php

Wedding Cake
picture.php

ECSD
picture.php

now I collect the dankest clones that tickle my brain just the way I like.
Sour Dubble
picture.php

KokoKush

Beautiful pictures! Real GSC and GSC crosses are surely in my top ten. For this thread you need to consider not only the smoke but the growth characteristics as well. If you had only one seed to grow what what it be?

Last edited:

Jammal

Beautiful pictures! Real GSC and GSC crosses are surely in my top ten. For this thread you need to consider not only the smoke but the growth characteristics as well. If you had only one seed to grow what what it be?

exactly why I choose Durban x white widdow.

GSC is Durban X OG kush

white widdow is a more stable and better outdoor genetic, should match exceptionally well with Durban also.

would make for some killer all rounder indoor and out perfect for newbies and pros.

Durban is still super under rated, well grow Durban can still win cups

St. Phatty

Romulan from Fed Seeds in the mid-00's.

NL x Haze from the Seed Bank in the early 90's.

Apollo 11 from TGA, the 2014 vintage.

Mattbho

I too love the fcgsc just makes me a happier person and life is better with it . Not the heaviest smoke but that profile works for me.

But smoking only 1 would suck, I am a strong believer in cannabinoid confusion and try and get that 1st time high everytime by rotating .