What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

To late to add 600 hps

Smokeone1

Aeroflo 36 setup with 1000hps. Only nutes I use, are flora nova bloom. I simple guy lol....curious would adding the 600 with 4-5 weeks be a waste ? Help with yield or I'm better off waiting on the next grow.

Strain unknown, guy said it was kush. These days everyone lies so who knows

expealadocious

Kush...like afghan kush? should have chunky,hard pure indica appearance... smell is musky with soapy, hashy, incense tones..
Adding light.... IT's NEVER too late to add light!
they do work right up until harvest day and beyond...

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Aeroflo 36 setup with 1000hps. Only nutes I use, are flora nova bloom. I simple guy lol....curious would adding the 600 with 4-5 weeks be a waste ? Help with yield or I'm better off waiting on the next grow.

Strain unknown, guy said it was kush. These days everyone lies so who knows

...with 4 -5 weeks left to go i'd be adding the 600 if it were me.

that will almost double your wattage and that HAS to have a positive impact on your final yields, ...with the caveat that that assumes you have adequate airflow to deal with the added heat to keep things cool.

peace, bozo

gardener60

Too late to add 600 hps

Too late to add 600 hps

It is never too late to add light especially with 4 to 5 weeks left that equals more bud. If i were you i would use it. How does that flora nova bloom work for you. I have heard several growers say that was all they used from start to finish.

If I recall, that unit is about 50" sq....had a friend that had one and it does a good job....
But, thats a shade over 4ft x4ft..a 1000w light should provide plenty of lumens to cover that area...an extra 600 watts really is not necessary...unless I am mistaken about the size, I would just maximize what u got with good reflection and save on the electric and heat.
If ur plants are doing well, any stress at that point in flower could break the momentum and be devastating to yeilds and even quality ....its a bad time to have to make adjustments...more light will be more heat, probably require a nute increase with 60% more light and it may just be a little too much for that size area...light burn (not heat burn) is a real thing too...
Personally, I would finish up and not take the chance cause that 1k has it covered....Start with your next one if u do decide to add it....YT

Smokeone1

It is never too late to add light especially with 4 to 5 weeks left that equals more bud. If i were you i would use it. How does that flora nova bloom work for you. I have heard several growers say that was all they used from start to finish.

I love the nova stuff does wonders, only problem is that it clogs my laser lines in my aeroflo36.. Even after I shake it up and mix with hot water. In a different system I reccomend it x100

Latest posts

Latest posts