What's new

fish/seaweed blend review

expealadocious

picture.php

This shit is the absolute bomb. Soil/roots/foliar.
Even neglected solo cup babies are perfect lush green thriving... Veg and flower both laughably impressive
Ive never been so happy or impressed with anything which is why I made this poast...

Neg: smells like fish/farm...although i dont seem to mind it.

Pos: will blow your fucking mind

Some dank
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Except...you tips are a tad bit burned (ever so slight) and you do have a bit of clawing...

Clear signs of over-feeding. Not to say the plants don't look great - they do - but still...a bit of room for improvement, no?

I think that's why I like single feed additives vs bottles that have blended NPK...

If I want K - then I want K - not K, N and P.

To me, that is the whole point of a bottle nutrient - and if my bloom booster is delaying flowering by having unnecessary N in it...well...it becomes useless.

And much the same...if my veg nutes have too much P in it...well, I'm just begging for lock out later down the road, which will likely lead me to over feed N.

For all those headaches and more - this is why I learned to make a custom soil - that actually provides anything the plant could possibly need...at the plants own choosing of how much and when.

I like to push my plants sometimes though...just to see where their production limits are - and often times I find even feeding 1/4 strength nutrients ONCE a week during peek times like wk 3 and 5 - will give me clawing and burnt tips...which basically tells me - my soil was providing everything the plant needed to begin with.

Glad you are finding acceptable success with the product - but...this is the organic soil sub-forum - and certainly you knew we would instantly try to get you off the bottle... ;)

Stick around - we'll show you how.

dank.Frank

expealadocious

Oh trust me dude. I know exactly what you're saying. I already make awesome soil...
The flower pic plant had some other issues and only got a couple doses of this stuff. Actually, pictured plant had slight claw its whole flower cycle and its kind of a long story based on me cutting corners on a soil demand just to skate some new genetics through for testing...
I could provide more reference pics if anyone wants...
This stuff gives visable results in about 1 day tho.
Ive dosed veg and younger flower plants heavily and all it does is makes them thrive.
No clawing or lockout whatsoever I promise that much anyway from what ive observed.

Honesly im not sure if its enzymes, microbes, bacteria, chitin, or what but this stuff is magic.
Ive run just about every type of supersoil/mineralized etc and still do. I dont dose plants that already thrive from my mixes... problem is I cant always run the right mix exclusively at the correct volume.
Again, thats a hard science to nail down too and I dont always get it perfect...if I do a 15 gal supersoil pot, that plant finishes its life w water only but I cant always do that. the smaller pots dont do as well and im a strain collecter so I have overload haha... and like I mentioned I seem to be the king of oversized clones in solo cups that end up rootbound simply because I make too many clones and work alot...
Again man, I wouldnt call my results acceptable but instead exceptional... when I say it brings the dead to life...I mean it.. theres always some half neglected clone somewhere that needs to get green for me.

I'll be using it on my veg crops this summer for sure also... just never have i seen such quick, mind blowing results. and hey man Ive been at this over 20 years and never felt compelled to tell anyone about any products... there is seriously something about this.

And Frank,, hearing from you means alot to me. You're one of the people I respect most here!
I hear what you're sayin

Im 100% into this tho and I wholeheartedly recommend a try sometime. Their crushed crab shell is pretty impressive also.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
just started a regimen with this stuff, soil is a bit depleted from a couple grows, didnt reamend it strong enough, but I think after 3 organic cycles and alot of research here at the mag, im getting the hang of it and this stuff may be a good bailout when the blood meal exhausts itself and i dont want to hit the topressings too hard, ive killed my first 2 girls in flower this round so im kinda riding this one out and will be trying a alfalfa meal as a blood meal replacement

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I love neptune products, don't use their bottled stuff anymore but I use their kelp and crab meals

expealadocious

Totally man^. first test bucket I did with the crushed crab shell went insane... really made me start thinking about sea products more...
I am partly wondering if this stuff gets the microbial content booming too or something. Its really neat watching the solo cup babies jam so much with such vibrant color haha..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With increased diversity of soil inputs - you increase the diversity of microbial populations. Certainly a good thing.

dank.Frank

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
earth juice for me ...yeehaw..haven't touched any bottled fish in a while only live ones...and I get my own seaweed from ocean...I have used it in the past tho and it worked fine..but the stink ooh the stink..even the brand that says it don't stink ,,and is deoderised or some shit still stinks...

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
wow, first time ever feeding straightup h20/neptunes 241 and theres an imediate difference in a few girls in 24 hrs
vedy vedy eenterstering

VortexPower420

Veteran
I'll second the quality and effectiveness of the product.

As it is not very soluable and feeds the soil food web I give it regularly to my overgrown clones and teens.

Keeping a thriving well topdressed and mulched B pot going is hard sometimes.

I take my used soil give it a good casting top-dress. Aboit a week after I see roots out of the bottom I start with fish and seaweed and some humics every other watering. If I don't do this I have to be constantly up potting and don't have enough room for a lot of soil volume.

I never give it to flowering or plants in big pots.

I also use it as a transplant drench which consist of
Fish/seaweed, molasses (only time I use it), aloe, seaminerals, castings and humics. Ideally I put this all in to a MM act AFTER it has brewed and water in the plants.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Except...you tips are a tad bit burned (ever so slight) and you do have a bit of clawing...

Clear signs of over-feeding. Not to say the plants don't look great

Does the air smell like farts up there on that high horse?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exp, your plants look good however I think most of the flower power probably came from what was in the soil.
[/FONT]

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
wow, first time ever feeding straightup h20/neptunes 241 and theres an imediate difference in a few girls in 24 hrs
vedy vedy eenterstering

Yup feed it to a rose in the sun in the spring & watch the magic. The fish only bottle is a staple at my house for everything that grows. I even hit the lawn with it 2-3 times a year. 18oz in an 32oz ACE hose end sprayer. Makes MJ go bonkers in a intensely lit veg state or used during the first 1/2 of flower.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does the air smell like farts up there on that high horse?[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].
[/FONT]

Dude...get real.

If all you want is a pat on the back and to be told how awesome you are - stay on instagram.

ICm is for those who WANT pointers and scrutiny to improve their skill set as growers. Nothing I said was insulting - but ANY grower in pursuit of perfection knows what I said to be true. It was simply an observation. Nothing more - nothing less. Don't make it otherwise. Plain and simple.

dank.Frank

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
so i tried the neptunes 2-3-1 on my flowers and... they are exploding! in just a few days they went from kinda stalling out to perking up and putting on some weight
ive never seen a response like this, but then im just a year into my experience
Ill say +1 for fish sauce

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
organic definition- noting or pertaining to a class of chemical compounds that formerly comprised only those existing in or derived from plants or animals, but that now includes all other compounds of carbon. so.......... why isn't fish and seaweed organic???????

organic definition- noting or pertaining to a class of chemical compounds that formerly comprised only those existing in or derived from plants or animals, but that now includes all other compounds of carbon. so.......... why isn't fish and seaweed organic???????

It's organic. You're just looking at the latest "trend" in terms of "acceptable organics"

I've literally saw a post in here where a guy said "these plants just don't like the light" not even plausible for it to be the dirt. You can't make this up