What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

reducing fan speed during lights out

holy

during lights on i want to have my extraction fan running full, but during lights out id like to have it run minimum just to keep negative pressure and keep humidity down.

the only thing ive thought of is having the fan power cord split into 2 male ends, 1 plugged into a speed controller set at minimum, the other just plugged in normal. then id have each power source on timed relays. i dont really like the sound of that though in case of accidental overlap.

anyone know how to do this? or a product that would do the trick? thanks...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This will do everything that you want. I've been using mine for a couple of years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Grozone Temp-2V

I was about to recommend the Titan Mercury 4 controller, which the controller rives posted is an exact clone of. I won't get into who copied who, but either one will work.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was about to recommend the Titan Mercury 4 controller, which the controller rives posted is an exact clone of. I won't get into who copied who, but either one will work.

From the looks of them, I'm not sure anyone "copied" anything. They appear to have come off the same assembly-line until they got to the labels!

señorsloth

Veteran
will those work with all fans? id really like to be able to do this as well but i don't have the conventional vortex...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't go so far as to say "all fans", but I'm running a FanTech.

From the looks of them, I'm not sure anyone "copied" anything. They appear to have come off the same assembly-line until they got to the labels!

That's why I wasn't going to bother lol

I'm running two of the Titan sticker variants on Fantech FG8XL's, and two on CAP Valueline Fans, all 4 have been working without a problem...temps always at 75F right where I set them.

Latest posts

Latest posts