What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Ultimate L.E.D Grow. 126w Penetrator - *New Technique

MeanBean

Going to be doing a never been seen before grow technique using the 2nd gen 126 watt penetrator, dwc, and dutch passion "the ultimate". Try not to be to skepital, it's a ligit idea anyone can do it and it's going to be easy to understand!

Strain: Dutch Passion The Ultimate: Check it out in My Strains

Canopy Size: 16 Sq Ft. 4 Plants
Scrog

Maximum Plant Height: 2Ft 6in.

Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series: Maybe Gravity

Grow Medium: DWC - Hydro Balls - 6” Net Pots

Container: 4 x Five Gal Buckets + Upper 5 Gal Reservoir

Lighting: Single 126 Watt Penetrator - 2nd Gen

Air: Natural

Seed/Clone: Clone

Flower Period: 8-10 weeks

scumbragger

Going to be doing a never been seen before grow technique

O yeah, try not to be to skepital, it's a ligit idea anyone can do it and it's going to be easy to understand!
My buddy has heard of this technique already...is this the one where the plants can only see you naked and you have to perform the chicken dance for ten minutes in front of them each day? Just be careful cause you know how sticky your plants and fingers get. one night you're going to forget, scratch your balls and next thing you know your girlfriend or wife is being summoned with some varsol.They never let you forget it either ....hey they're female plants, I get results and get them to perform their best by taking them out to dinner and buy them diamonds!

Last edited:

MeanBean

Haven't tried the chicken dance technique, but I will give it a go... I remember You from 420! Anyhow ya it's gonnna work better prolly. Here's mom. she needs to grow up abit before I can get 4 clones off her... But this is the start of this Long ass thread..

From Clone to Bowl...

picture.php

scumbragger

Haven't tried the chicken dance technique, but I will give it a go... I remember You from 420! Anyhow ya it's gonnna work better prolly. Here's mom. she needs to grow up abit before I can get 4 clones off her... But this is the start of this Long ass thread..

From Clone to Bowl...

picture.php
Let's see the pics from that one...LOL
Hey I'm sure you've looked at other LED grows, seen anyone else pull in .8+ grams/watt from any LED light? I haven't seen anyone do .6 yet even in the hands of experience growers which I don't include myself as. And I certainly know I could improve my first shot like you.

B00420

I pulled 1gpw from LEDs like 2 and a half years ago I think? Dunno kinda fuzzy....I posted a write up on it though at some other site like this....the name slips my mind atm...

I still have pictures of that grow which included hps plants in the same room to compare. They were single plants under each hps and I gave the same foot print (3x3) to the LEDs.

Ultimately I got the same gpw as I did off the hps, but 2 and a half years later Im doing much better than 1gpw off the hps...and I haven't messed with LED's since.

Definitely curious though how much better they have gotten in that time.

MeanBean

I think you will be impressed, as long as I don't screw something up!! It's going to be a new grow area, new strain and new light! I should be fine though!! Can't wait to get started!!

scumbragger

Hopefully you got 250+ grams that would be great.

If he gets that ,these things would be flying out the door but I've yet to see 1gr/w with these although I'm trying again and shooting for something close to 2...otherwise they have limited marketability since they're only useful where you can't use a HID...504w x 1.8 = 907gr...entering more respectable 1K watt HID grows and peak interest in a bigger market. To try to achieve these numbers I changed everything around like you...one thing I ditched the clay pellets, they're a pain in the ass. I'm using a rockwool cube on top of a rockwool bed this time. Clay needs sanitizing which is hard to do when you're chasing the little fuckers around the room....LOL

MeanBean

Ya I used to use 11" net pots, what a waste! at least I am down to 6".. I just put a hair stopper in the tub drain and let them all get busy , taking a shower shower lol!!!

If I don't mess it up this will be a high yielding setup fo sho!

MeanBean

Just bought a float valve for my res i am gonna build. Nothing great but read the listing for this thing. Had to buy it form this guy for sure!! Gotta read the whole thing lol!!!

picture.php

This is a multiple identical item listing for Brand New Dial Adjustable Brass Pet Watering Float Valves, or Aquarium Water Tank Valves, Part Number Unknown. Each bid quantity is for One (1) Valve. You may bid / buy any number, up to the total quantity available above.

This item was acquired at a lost freight auction recently, and we do not know much else about them. They were received brand new in a plain, unmarked box. The letters "DIAL" are stamped on the side of each valve. These have a very versatile linkage setup, which would allow several different configurations based on where the valve is mounted and how the linkage is adjusted. Simply blow a hole in the side of your tank with a large caliber handgun, insert the threaded end, then tighten the brass locking ring against the fiber sealing washer (included).

Not only could they be arranged to stop incoming flow when water reaches a predetermined level (fill valve), they could also be set up to drain liquid from a container when the level reaches a certain point. The float arm will adjust about 180 degrees via the thumbscrew, and the plastic float itself will turn 360 degrees to fit in close quarters.

The orifice (internal hole that the water flows through) is just under 3/16." Obviously, the GPM's wouldn't be sufficient to water the herds at the Ponderosa, but you could drown a couple of horses or a yard full of dogs and cats. And you could top off an aquarium big enough to swim in. We don't have a clue what the maximum working pressure would be, however, I'm guessing average household water pressure (about 40 PSI).

According to the calipers

Overall length: 7-3/4"

Outside diameter of body threads (size mounting hole you'll need): .662"

Flange diameter: .886"

Diameter of unthreaded hole: ..345"

Internal orifice size: < 3/16"

Threads: 1/8" NPT Internal, and 3/8" NPT External

MeanBean

Hey MeanBean! What is this new technique? Very interesting. I will be watching daily!

x

Sup man! Glad your here to watch but man it's real early in this grow.. I would like to use my new penatrator to veg and flower!! jus got it yesterday!

This weeekend I am cutting the clones, and the new tech isn't going to be used/shown until I start to flower them!! Sooo mid march is when you will get to see it!

I would love to share now but;

A. I wan't to be the first to do it and take credit hehehe

B. I want it to be in action for everyone to see it work to help deture the trolls who will hate on this idea. Not sure how you could hate a higher productive garden but I have seen it all on this site...

C. bout to make a new OP, need to do that before I can flower them the way I want..

P.s. I just checked out your grow.. I bet your going to use my new technique!!!! It's even Better for a Scrog ,Didn't even think of that cause I wasn't planning a scrog!!!!!

Last edited:

BigTop

What's up MB?

Lookin pretty sweet!

Curious, how much heat does that ballast put out? I'm on t5's for veg & was wondering if you've run them to compare heat output...?

Peace

MeanBean

What's up MB?

Lookin pretty sweet!

Curious, how much heat does that ballast put out? I'm on t5's for veg & was wondering if you've run them to compare heat output...?

Peace

hi, well my cab is in a spare room, its about 65 in there. the led pannel is barley enough heat to keep it above 74 in there! so they add about 10 degrees in that little cab! if you hada bigger space even less.

I had 8 4ft CFL's in my cab "on toopa my led unit", made it get waaaaaay to hot like 120!! so then I got 8 2ft CFL's a bit better but still borderline heat and humitity plus they didn't help much.

Now I hate side lighting, i feel it's only effective without damaging the plants structure toward the end of the grow...

If heat is an issue LED, is the answer plain and simple... I have been wondering in my new OP if it will get to cold in there! if so I will buy some small UV CFL's to help heat. UV is one spectrum of led that won't be affordable for awhile. Sooo i can kill 2 birds with one stone ya know..

MeanBean

OK Clones are cut, And they are small and light! I did use some Clonex Gel on these because I have never grown this strain, well beyond the mother of these clones. She's been growing under an unknown CFL that's why thier a bit stringy lol!

picture.php

This IS the Start Boyz n girls..

Hey Mean Bean you know I like LEDs and I will be following your grow as well. Always open to learn new things.

Have a good one.