What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the best enzyme on the market?

allorganic

I just read about a test where Cannazym dissolved paper the fastest of 5 different brands of enzymes. That's good if you have a lot of paper to dissolve but I'm growing plants and in addition dissolving old dead roots I thought the purpose of enzymes was to break down other things in your soil to make it easier for your plants to absorb the nutrients. Just because something has a lot of cellulase in it, does that make it the best one for plants?

I saw a test where a grower tried 3 different enzymes on actual plants and cannazym made no difference but Sensizym and Enzyme + worked the best.
I have had good results with Sensizym but as long as I'm going to use enzymes, I want to use the best possible.

I heard about a new one, Hygrozym but people have told me that it does not even have any enzymes in it, just hormones and vitamins.

Which enzyme do you think works best?

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
I use Hygrozyme or Zone from DM...both seem to do the job just fine.

BTW, Hygrozyme is cultured enzymes and amino acids

Someone on OG had a nice thread on different enzymes and their effectiveness...can't remember who though.

Frozenguy

Veteran
cannazym is an awesome enzyme.. I've grown 150 plants with it.. 20 of them in 2gal then 3 gal pots and 130 of them in canna coco grow bags (3 per 3ft long bag).. It is definatly a good enzyme. Canna has lots of different tests on their dvd and on their site including some with applesauce. Their products have been designed for cannabis.. field tested.. just like advanced nutrients sensi line's sensizym.. its tight.. i'm gonna be using sensizym when i use the sensi line from advanced...
hygrozym isn't anyhthing too great.. but i hear it isn't bad either..i'm not sure but i once used a product called guardian angel and i think it not only defends and helps your plant defend against viruses/infestations but i think it did some of the same things enzymes do.. i think.. maybe just look into it.. and Zone is good, but a little tooo good..

bp420

so these ***zym type things, cannazym..sensizym etc...what do they do? i mean do they really do heaps? are there any comparisions around? (like, with and without "zym" grows)

i've used a bottle of cannazym over the past few weeks, and to be honest - not a huge deal.
its friggin exspensive, $40 for a 1L bottle. the recomended dilution is 1:4 per week(1L zym to 400L res) i have a 100L res.
its possible that i "missed" the improvements cause i had a few PH over the past month due to a sudden onset of what i think was root rot (ph kept droping from 6.2 to 4.7 in 48hours...lowered my res temp, treated with h2o2..all seems good now)

what kind of advantages do you see Vs no ***zym grows
(i say ***zym, cause there all called "something"-zym and i'm not fussed on brand cause i'll end up geting the AN version of it, cause so far AN nutes rock for me. so i just wanna know if its acctually worth it..or is there a better way to achive what they do)

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

so these ***zym type things, cannazym..sensizym etc...what do they do? i mean do they really do heaps? are there any comparisions around? (like, with and without "zym" grows)

i've used a bottle of cannazym over the past few weeks, and to be honest - not a huge deal.
its friggin exspensive, $40 for a 1L bottle. the recomended dilution is 1:4 per week(1L zym to 400L res) i have a 100L res.
its possible that i "missed" the improvements cause i had a few PH over the past month due to a sudden onset of what i think was root rot (ph kept droping from 6.2 to 4.7 in 48hours...lowered my res temp, treated with h2o2..all seems good now)

what kind of advantages do you see Vs no ***zym grows
(i say ***zym, cause there all called "something"-zym and i'm not fussed on brand cause i'll end up geting the AN version of it, cause so far AN nutes rock for me. so i just wanna know if its acctually worth it..or is there a better way to achive what they do)

I know this thread is old, but for anyone who reads what this gyy did, adding peroxide to the rez killed off all his enzymes... so if you buy any zym products dont use h202. This guy was just saying the price was too high. Yeah its even higher if you lill thebenzymes

Dab Strudel

good call for us reading down the line. Especially because I am getting my foot in the door with all the fancy additives and such.

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

good call for us reading down the line. Especially because I am getting my foot in the door with all the fancy additives and such.

I use stuff that's similar to cannas program. Works great. I basically just mimic it with similar products, replace canna zym with the one the shop stocks, I use thrive alive instead of rhizotonic.

Anyway do your research. Some addatives are a waste of money. Some don't do jack. Some do freak shit when mixed. Lol carboload and sensizym together and you will see some nasty shit. I'm only using advanced nutrients shit because I know those two products work and my store stocks them. I already special order food, I'm not doing that with adds right now. I hate a.n. but it's available and works well.

Don't use bio active products (enzyme, fungus, bacteria) and chlorinated water, water with chloramine or treat water with peroxide. Voila you just killed the bio actives... I used to grow organic so I really recommend you check out organics too because alot of adds are organic based and can have reactions. Now I just use my weeks worth of zym in one day (canna says you can do this with zym every day or all once a week) so I can add the carbs without a freaks how in my mixing bottle.

Now I knew those products would react in the rez, I just wanted to see how it would look after a night. Gobs of shit man be careful and read up on your adds. It's easiest to stick with all one companies stuff unless you do what I'm doing and use a certain brands base food and similar addatives to theirs (or theirs if available unlike me, I hate waiting for the food) and make a schedule based on theirs but modify your usage of the addatives based on their content, like don't double up things it's detrimental. Be careful when mixing brands it's easier to stick with one brand I put alot of though, research and a couple trial and error mixes before I got it perfect. Obviously I can't use thrive alive at the recommended amount for rhizotonic, or its own recommended dose. Addatives are complicated and lots are pointless. I saw the popularity and success with canna and already like my dutch strains and lighting and tent so it made sense to try their food which is dedicated to growing dope.

Next year I'll probably order the whole line once I run out of what I have it should last me the next couple grows. Love cannas stuff great place to go.

BlazinAzn

Seed sprouted teas are a great way to supply your plants with an organic treatment of natural enzymes. Cheapest stuff on the market. Use barley, corn, alfalfa, or tons of other different nutrient rich seeds.

CoCoSativas

Seed sprouted teas are a great way to supply your plants with an organic treatment of natural enzymes. Cheapest stuff on the market. Use barley, corn, alfalfa, or tons of other different nutrient rich seeds.

Back in my organic days I was all over alfalfa meal and kelp. Still using the kelp in the form of thrive alive, going to start making a alfalfa tea or maybe just amend my coco from now on. Either way my two favorite non animal organics. For animal products I preffer worm castings and bat guano, both bug eater type and fruit eating type. Bug eaters guano is high N and the fruit bats guano are killer for flower. I've heard of people just using guano but never seen the results when I do organic I like to use lots of variety.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hygrozyme, 6ml per gallon. Goes in ever gallon of every hydro thing I do. It is the one thing I cannot do with out in hydroponic cultivation.

I don't know about the h2o2 killing all the zymes. I would have to see data to back that up as it isn't something you could visibly see.

H2o2 IMO is best used as a cleaner or in small doses to add o2 to the water. If you have nice aeration in your res, I can't see the point of using h2o2.

CoCoSativas

Hygrozyme, 6ml per gallon. Goes in ever gallon of every hydro thing I do. It is the one thing I cannot do with out in hydroponic cultivation.

I don't know about the h2o2 killing all the zymes. I would have to see data to back that up as it isn't something you could visibly see.

H2o2 IMO is best used as a cleaner or in small doses to add o2 to the water. If you have nice aeration in your res, I can't see the point of using h2o2.

It's all bioactive stuff dude if it's alive peroxide kills it. Peroxide is the bane of organic gardening. Coco gardening too if you ask me. Kill my trichoderma? Fuck no...

Most manufacturers specify don't use enzymes with peroxide, my shop is also kind enough to warn everyone.

Maybe there are zym products out there that survive peroxide but I don't think so.

If you want I can test it for you. Enzyme eats paper especially if you put paper in strait zym. So I can do a test where I add some peroxide to a cuppie of zym and see if it eats paper. I'd eat a sheet if it still worked... not that I'm trying to be full of myself I'd just be SHOCKED beyond belief if a zym still worked after adding a cap of peroxide. We shall have our answer, tomorrow!

CoCoSativas

I look forward to the results! Cool idea!

Oooh your fast. Should call you speedy beans dog...

Yeah I'll do it up. I'm using sensizym. I'm pretty sure canna zym and sensizym are fairly similar, they do the same thing which is help keep my coco relaxed I could see a visible difference days after use root bound plants their coco totally relaxed.

Anyway I'll do it the zym is not that expensive aaaand I just bought another bottle. I'm only buying small bottles at as I'm running 1 square meter but that's about to change... haha vegging some bad girls now

Dab Strudel

Thank you for the advice. More things to add to the check list. I am trying to bring alive my rez in hydro. I have been diving in and out of rabbit holes for 3 days trying to reallly realllllly figure all this stuff out and see if I cant make my own nutes and source my own ameno acids, enzymes, and Fulvic/Humic Acids (see what I did there, Tossed out some of the stuff I learned today haha)

http://www.mbferts.com/Hormone-Vitamin-Booster-Canna-Boost-Rhizotonic-Alternative-116.htm

Do you all know about this gem? Is it a sham or does this guy have a clue?

CoCoSativas

Thank you for the advice. More things to add to the check list. I am trying to bring alive my rez in hydro. I have been diving in and out of rabbit holes for 3 days trying to reallly realllllly figure all this stuff out and see if I cant make my own nutes and source my own ameno acids, enzymes, and Fulvic/Humic Acids (see what I did there, Tossed out some of the stuff I learned today haha)

http://www.mbferts.com/Hormone-Vitamin-Booster-Canna-Boost-Rhizotonic-Alternative-116.htm

Do you all know about this gem? Is it a sham or does this guy have a clue?

Small time food makers can afford to sell shit cheap their overhead is next to nothing. The reason canna Is so expensive is the R&D, marketing, paying reps, employees, funding advertising, paying for a legit website that jokers shit is pretty wack... the site I can't speak to the product...

It's likely thats some shop brand shit or something maybe fine but I think it's funny they claim their 1 product replaces all that. Yeah and I want aids... their claim is as realistic as saying I want aids... I'm sure their shit is great and helps plant sure but saying it's going to replace a.n. line and canna and this and that and soooo much better it's just marketing.

Canna would be like that if they didn't pay for a real site, reps, marketing... every big company would be they gotta pay to get it too us. I'm fine paying extra for canna it comes from around the world but it's designed for growing dope and does one hell of a job for it...

http://www.socascade.com/site/products/ I like this one too. Claims to be h202 compatible... better get eating Coco ;)

Cannazym was great back when I was using canna

Now I don't really use enzymes except to clean coco to be used again. Plenty of bio activity in my rhizo space to break down what they need (including last run's roots) without adding supplemental enzymes

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

OK so theres a piece of paper sitting in zym now with a cap full of peroxide added. It's been there for a day which it should not have been when I took the safety seal off my bottle of zym, it exposed the paper seal in the lid. I shook it the next day and the day following well no more seal. I took a pic today and I'll wait one more day, check tomorrow and post pics from both days but looks to me like the zym is toast. Pure enzyme is strong and should have eaten this shred by now

CoCoSativas

Sorry Kweku I won't be enjoying any paper...

Well if that zym doesn't eat the paper with a cap of peroxide in it are you going to eat a piece? Come on if the zym doesn't eat it you should have to eat a scrap the size the zym wouldn't I was going to! Lol I've never eaten any paper before so I'm pretty happy I didnt