What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's wrong with my plants [Pics attached]?

whateva

Hello Everybody,

I would be very glad if somebody could give me a hint what could be wrong with my plants.
So far everything has been normal - only two days ago they started to get pretty yellow in the middle.
Strain is Skunk1 Feminized from Sensi - now day 12 @ 12/12 light cycle. I am growing under LED on soil, only water so far.

Thanks!

S

sourpuss

Prolly need food. Hard to tell. Why do you have to pots covered up? Soil shouldnt be too moist. Especially when trying to grow build roots. You risk mold and dampin off when soils too wet.

As the soil dries the roots will shoot searching for more water.

EastCoast710

also. plant 1 seed per pot.. as they will compete.. leaving 1 to be less then other..

also.. never go from seed to flower.. you get nothing lol. only way to go 12.12 fast is clones.. or seed plants big enough .. your going to have a single nug. on each of those. or a bunch of male ball sacks everywere lol.
good luck my friend. I did this when I first started also.. not sure about that plastic wrap lool. but I planted 2 in 1 pot. and ended up with 2 males.

R

Robrites

Get rid of the plastic and let the soil dry a bit. Good luck!

Therealzemi

It looks to me that the RH is too low. They do NOT need food at that stage when grown in soil. So dont listen to that :)
Atleast that is how my seedlings start looking like when the air is too dry. If you look closely, you can see the leafs having a "kink" and the pattern on them isn't uniform.
And yes. Get the plastic off so the soil can breathe :)

whateva

It looks to me that the RH is too low. They do NOT need food at that stage when grown in soil. So dont listen to that :)
Atleast that is how my seedlings start looking like when the air is too dry. If you look closely, you can see the leafs having a "kink" and the pattern on them isn't uniform.
And yes. Get the plastic off so the soil can breathe :)

Thanks a lot - RH is around 60%, temperature around 25 Celsius.
I also figured they don't need food in this state - the soil is normal "plant soil" from the local market...
The seeds are feminized, so I shouldn't be ending up with 2 males in a pot :)

I covered up the earth because before there was some white cristals building up - from the evaporating water.
Maybe they are too moist? Would that result in yellow leaves, like on the picture?

Redbuddz

I also doubt that it is lack of nutrients. Plants that small really don't need ferts yet. What I see are stretched out stems. What kind of light are you using. If you're not getting proper lighting your plant will not make clorophyl and your leaves will yellow. Not saying this is your problem but it could be

Therealzemi

Hard to tell. Do you know if the RH changes a lot over the course of the day, Or is it held steady?
And yes if the soil is too soggy, the very few new roots are not getting enough air, and not expanding to support the growing plant.
When the plants are this small, i would raise the RH to 70%. 60 shouldn't be an issue though if it's kept steady.
Let the soil dry more between waterings, and keep the light minimal at this point.

Btw. I have Skunk1 in my room now. Just started week 6 of flowering. You can look forward to very nice tasting and smelling buds :D

Attachments

• IMAG1431.jpg
    IMAG1431.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 9

moses wellfleet

Veteran
There is no such thing as normal plant soil. Do you know the PH of the medium?

Either PH is way out or medium is waterlogged, or both. That is what my experience tells me!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The soil is staying to wet and not allowing the roots or crown of the plant to breathe. Take off the plastic and let the soil dry. They should bounce back if you have good lighting and air circulation.

Also may be beneficial to CAREFULLY transplant into fresh soil. Just in case some nasties grew under the plastic.

Good luck and keep us posted :tiphat:

Budley Doright

Veteran
Seed plants like that have sort of a packed lunch....

the cotyledon leaves......

They dont really need feeding until you see those leaves begin to yellow.....

It wont hurt to feed them before that....but you should be feeding when you see those leaves begin to yellow....

marrdogg

Veteran
Nobody mentioned the water this guy uses. He said he cover with plastic because the water was drying and leaving "crystals" behind. Is it ro water? Also because of the plastic being on and keeping soil moist have you checked roots? Also I have grown seedlings with next to no humidity so I would rule that out. 60% relative humidity, plastic over overwatered pot = root rot.

PEACE!

whateva

Thanks for all the input!

Will get myself some gear to check the PH.

I'm using normal tap water, never even thought about that.

I'm using LED lighting - OSRAM SSL, the ones that OSRAM recommends for horticulture.

Will remove the cling film again, just I have seen "professional" gardeners doing this and thought it would be a good idea as I had, as mentioned salts building up...

S

sourpuss

Def ph issues causing uptake issues, fix the ph and it will get its nutes...

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whateva,
my guess is that your soil is too wet and therefore calcium cannot be taken up by the roots. However that stuff is crucial, especially for root developpement. Then under LEDs you usualy need morte calcium anyways from what I've learned.
I've seen little plants that looked exactly like that.give them a couple days and let them dry out a bit. Then take it easy with the watering, those pots are big and can hold waaaay more water then these youngens are needing right now.
good luck!

Granger2

Veteran
All good advice above, especially plastic removal. If you had a detrimental fungus on the soil, adding plastic would just make it worse. Let the soil surface dry before watering. There's no "normal" tap water. It varies widely from source to source. Often times new growers should start by reading a basic gardening book, like the Sunset and Ortho books. Then go from there. Good luck. -granger