What's new

Choosin a mother and some other questions

Hello all.

I have two tents at the moment, first is a flowering tent 80x80x200cm w/ 400w HPS and second is 80x80x160cm w/ 250w MH.

I've gotten my hands on a few beans of some nice strains so I've decided to search for a keeper plant for cuttings.

The plan would be to pop 4-7 seeds of the strain I will pick for this round and let them veg until they're big enough for cuttings. Then I would take two cuts of each plant and flower them in my flowering tent. When I can spot the best plant for a keeper, I will flower the rest of the plants used for cuttings and save the best as my future mother.

Now the problem is, how can I keep the plants in veg tent as small as possible so that they don't form a jungle in the small tent during the rooting and flowering of the cuttings.

I have 7 seeds of each strain so I'm quite certain I should pop all 7 so that I have proper chance of acquiring a quality mother.

Also, if I take cuttings in the future, how should I approach the situation as I have 250w MH in my veg tent? Wouldn't that literally fry my few cuttings?

Thoughts?

Thank you all :peacock:

~Wonderwoman