What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about a sick leaf

DaveMorris

Hallo, thank you most kindly for having me, I am new to your forum. Please be so kind and let met know if anyone knows what the issue is with my plant. Thank you in advance, Dave

Attachments

• 20150921_1115452.jpg
    20150921_1115452.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 6

Ratzilla

Veteran
Hi Dave
My guess would be a phosphors deficiency.
It all depends on how your growing on what you should do.
I am a organic peep and can only suggest ways to deal with what my eye tells me.
You did not provide much information.
Ratz
I mean???

DaveMorris

Hey ratz thanks for the reply. Im using soil at the moment. im into week 4 as of now and running a 600w hps with bio soil, bio nutrients and all natural. im using a basic flowering nutriton.

Ratzilla

Veteran
Knowledge is needed in dealing with a P deficiency.
To much Phosphorus mixed globally in the mix harms (retards)mycorrhizae growth.
Mycorrhizae fungi is responsible for much of the P uptake.
In dealing with a P deficiency in organic gardening one must make sure that they have did no harm to the mycorrhizae.
Phosphors has a way of locking up with Calcium , Iron and Zinc and its only the fungi that breaks these bounds from these other elements.
If and when adding any P make sure its ratio is under a 8 like bulb food 3-8-8 my favorite food to feed the mycorrhizae is soft rock phosphate 0-3-0 or bat guano 0-4-0.
I mean I am going off of one little picture?
Phosphorus being it a mobile element will first show deficiencies on the bottom of the plant.
Can you show a pic of the whole plant?
Ratz

DaveMorris

Hi Ratz, I am sorry, it took me a little longer to get back with you. Regarding that plant in question, the rest of the plant looks actually very nice, just two leafs all the way on the bottom. Today I have found out that one of my other plants has gotten some whiteflies, what a pain. Have you had this problem before, if yes, what have you used to treat that issue? Thank you most kindly. Dave

Hey, another tip, Mg helps uptake of P and vice versa. :) I have a strain that ALWAYS does this when up potting. Roots = P, so having it a bit more available will help.

At week four - five some people add bloom boosters (high in P and K) since the plant has quit with roots and is now focusing on flowers (also P and K)

I wouldn't really worry unless you see this issue climbin up the plant or start taking more of the leaf. Also, cold temps hinder P/Mg uptake, which usually lead to purple banding between the leaves.

Cannabis loves Mg, maybe add a smidge of Epsom salts to that P/K boost?

All up to you :) food for thought

Though, Mg blocks K, and vice versa. Be advised: don't add too much or you'll solve one problem while creating another :p

It's all about proper balance. Then pH. Then EC. Then listening/ reading your plants and making adjustments from there.