What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mites during DRYING WTF??

Esther

Purple Kush outdoor, cut two days ago.

First time experiencing this. The mites came, I washed them off, they're back 12 hours later. Just remind me, what temps and humidity should I make it to kill these things?

MITES.jpg

Drying.jpg

PurpleKushOutdoor2009001.jpg

durgamata

They hate High Humidity and low temperatures, 60F and below.

I wouldnt crank up the RH because then you will mold your buds. If anything, maybe water-cure will get rid of them after.

Just try and get the temp's as low as possible.

G

Green Supreme

I hang my plants to dry. After a few days the mites have all congregated at the open stem end, like yours have. Can deal with them more easily up on the stem and not on ya nugs. Good luck. Peace GS

Mud Man

Sumthink Stinks
Veteran
good luck man,,,, i would never kill any insect... UNLESS on my friggin bud,,,,, Looks DANKOOOOOO

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I would throw that weed away, and bomb the room, twice, then scrub it down before I start again, you really can't play with the borg.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
wait till they all get to the top and blast them off with compressed air in a can, outside.

SaltyBalls

Those look like they have been there for a while. compressed air is a great idea, air compressor.

i dont think they move in like that over night like smelly said they take a week or so to web up like that

i think i would cut the areas with them on it and bag them up and put them in the freezer to kill them

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Esther,

I would cut off the fan leaves then let them hang and dry. You'll itch like hell but the mites don't actually eat the buds, they only eat the fan leaves so this will make them disappear as well. Also like mentioned before put them in a cold room like your basement 60-65f.

good luck

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Bump. Hi friends this is how I'm hanging to dry my outdoor flowers. We had a spider mite problem outside all mites were under leafs never had any webbing around buds. I took a better look in the dry room and seen thousands of mites up toward the hanger, i was wondering if they would fuck my harvest up and start webbing downwards toward buds/colas? A buddy of mine says they just work there way upwards?