What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HB 101

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I just wanted to let you guys know that I tried it as a spray and it made a mark improvement in the yield and thc content of my last grow. It costs a lot for that little bottle but a little goes a long way and I have no qualms recommending this to anybody to try. I hope you'll try it at least one grow.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Really....? :chin:

I was actually at the store yesterday, getting some stuff for the grow and had a look at the HB-101...holy shit I didn't realise it was so expensive.
I haven't used it but know of it.

edit: your 420th.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've used bud boosters in the past and never liked them but this hb-101 works. Increased weight and health over the last run I had with the same strain. That little bottle will last you years. You mix it 2000x with water and spray the plants once a week during veg and early flower.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Holy crap, 2000x? Well, that cuts the price down to 1/10th...
Then again, I'm pretty good for bloom boosters/nutes etc...I need some mold insurance.

edit: and the first day back to work after Obon? You need your sleep. :D

DEVIL OG

Was looking up HB101 ,says you can dilute it up to x100,000 pretty crazy

The Components of HB-101

Raw Materials (Natural)
--Cedars
--Cypresses
--Pines
--Plantains

Mineral Analysis
--Sodium- 155.3mg/gallon
--Calcium- 125mg/gallon
--Iron- 6.8mg/gallon
--Magnesium- 12.5mg/gallon
--Silicon- 28mg/gallon
--Cadmium- 0
--Arsenic- 0

PH Balance

--HB-101 (contentrate) pH 4.0
--HB-101 (1000X dilution) pH~6.5

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Yeah, you can dilute it a lot. They claim that they made the stuff from trees that are disease resistant and that is makes HB-101 work to keep your plants happy and disease free.

BlindDate

Veteran
Came across this thread via the search function. A friend told me he read some good stuff about HB101 but could not give any specifics.
I don't understand why you think it is so expensive. I found a website that is selling a 12oz bottle for only $5. They even recommend spraying out of a helicopter so how expensive can it be?
Saibai says
Holy crap, 2000x? Well, that cuts the price down to 1/10th...
I would say that cuts the price down to 1/2000th.
I ordered a 12 oz bottle so at a 2000 to 1 dilution rate it will give me 188 gallons or enough to last 5 lifetimes for only $5.

Anyway, I wanted to know how far into flower did you use it? Also, the user guide says it can be diluted anywhere from 1/1000 to 1/10,000. Do you think it would be better if more concentrated. Did you see any odd growth/leaf symptoms at 1/2000th?

Thank you

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Wow, it's cheaper overseas, but like I said, it goes a long way. I'm not sure why the directions are different but I've read you shouldn't mix it any stronger than 2000x.

When I went to the garden centers here in Japan the people told me to only use a few drops and that more wasn't needed so I wouldn't mix it stronger than farmers.

Supposedly you can use it up to a week before harvest on edible plants/veggies but I only used for about 3 weeks into flower. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to nutes and such but if you use it longer/stronger let us know the results.

BlindDate

Veteran
Wow I didn't even realize this was the Japanese forum. Well I guess everything is more expensive over there.

OK, I'll stick to a 1/2000 dilution rate and see what happens. Did that garden center give you any dilution rates for applying to the roots or in a hydroponic reservoir?

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Hey mate, if you're in the states it looks like you can get a free sample:

http://www.hb-101usa.com/ask-for-a-sample/

I don't see any harm in giving HB 101 a try wherever you may be. Having said that, I didn't. Partly because of the cost, mostly because my plants were doing just fine without it.