What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aloha White Widow

need4weed

Veteran
Hey idiit if my memory serves me right aloha had a shop in the dam waaaay back in the day i brought from them the white widow and a strain called swiss xt. at the time everyone went mad for the ww

your buds do have that ol school look to them. I'm sure its fire

idiit

Veteran
thanks need4weed. I think iirc aloha seed co. did have a shop in adam. the aww seedstock was much better imo than the clone male used in a bunch of crosses. i'm using aww and satori Nepalese indica/wld dom for my commercial strains.

here's some aww/mg that went purple. aww can go purple when mated correctly and the right pheno pops up. cold induced color ( 40's f).

picture.php

need4weed

Veteran
thanks need4weed. I think iirc aloha seed co. did have a shop in adam. the aww seedstock was much better imo than the clone male used in a bunch of crosses. i'm using aww and satori Nepalese indica/wld dom for my commercial strains.

here's some aww/mg that went purple. aww can go purple when mated correctly and the right pheno pops up. cold induced color ( 40's f).

View Image

Have you had it a long time ? Did yo aquire the clone or is it original seed stock. Would be worth inbreeding or at least s1'ing

I'm such a huge fan of 90's weed

idiit

Veteran
^ got jojo aww seed stock from strain preservation work I did helping stash.

this is relatively to totally unworked jojo aww seedstock. stash doesn't want to work the old strains as much as preserve their genetic diversity.

i'm doing some ilb work on aww and i'm going to pop some more beans and see what phenos I get.

she's proving herself so far for breeding with landrace sativas for commercial bud product;

doing aww hybrids with purple zamal, oaxacan, png dom, Haitian, Malawi, purple haze, cohiba, etc. my idea of fun. :) my heart is still with pure landrace sativas but aww is a true sativa smoke wise despite her wld looks.

customers in my area were getting pissed off at being offered fluffy, hairy great smoking sativas. they think indica dom is the dope bomb. aww hybrids are the remedy for "the herd".

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still growing out my f4s hehe

They've been topped and are cruising along.
I need to uppot though because the stress is showing sex (which is what I wanted) so I clipped off the showing male growth (example pictured) and will be uppotting and after they're settled in, I'll take copies. Once I have confirmed copies have rooted, I'm putting them all out for a big old f4 gangbang to unlock f5 level.

i am planning on keeping the choicest male and female of the f4 lot as well for future use. That's the plan anyhow....

SeedyPast

Good to see the AWW being preserved. I don't have the strain, but have heard many say its a good mate to help make long-flowering sativas more manageable.

I do have seeds of BCO's 'The Wreck' that I need to get around to. They used an AWW male on the Arcata Trainwreck cut, then worked the line. Supposed to be a pretty good representation of TW in seed form, from what I can gather.

idiit

Veteran
the new aww prospect was excellent smoke (posted two posts above). it was actually psychoactive which I never anticipated. she had some purple coloration ( more than 'st' #1). It is now aww#2 female. I'm working with this one for a while including puro clones outdoors 2017. I also seeded it up with kaiki's cbg Durban for some outdoor hybrid runs. it's a lighter green than the first keeper aww female. light green doesn't mean shit to me but commercial grows need to appeal to the mass market and my preferences don't really matter. indicaish frosty light green buds are very much in demand commercially here in the se usa market i'm in. buds were pretty seeded so i'll get a pic off one of the clones that shows her stuff and post it when completed.

the male clone that everyone was running of aww ruined aww's reputation imo. stash did an excellent job preserving the original genetic diversity in this late 80's early 90's jojo aww seed repro imo.

I've got a vermontman purple ox/aww 'st' #1 fem pollen in the last couple weeks of flower and will post pics soon. she looks to be turning somewhat purple at the very end of her flowering cycle and terps are intensifying.

from the few aww hybrids that survived last year the 'st' pheno was somewhat prone to mold. the new aww#2 prospect has less wld influence and I hope she will be more hardy outdoors in the hot/humid se usa.

idiit

Veteran
What % are you finding that have this specific leaf shape? Very strong branches? Maybe 1x stretch at most?

tastes were pretty much the same; sweet, hashy undertones. I started a cohiba thread where I speculated from some prior posts on another forum that ww might have cohiba or cohiba related genetics as the ("unknown mom" of ww): https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=249786

cohiba is similar in taste and high effects to this aww but this aww is better than any cohiba I grew out and smoked. and frostier. also some purps which I never found in cohiba. some cohibas had decent psychoactivity.

aww has skunk in it according to some posts:

Sweet. This is the description of the seeds.

"Our Aloha White Widow is a stabilised hybrid based upon carefully selected plants from early versions of the Aloha lines. We have carefully selected plant during inbreeding that are at the most extreme of the potency potential of this famous version of the White Widow. In our opinon, Aloha's lines represent the best of the 'White Widow' types that have come to market.

Inbreeding multiple males to highly selected females we have focused on the sweeter plants in the genepool and this line carries a unique sweet flavour over a acrid almost fuel base. A truly unique terpene mix. The plants grow with good vigour and with a Indica bias, in that they have medium wide leaves, tighter internodes and dense floral clusters. The plants produce a huge amount of THC and on all surfaces this is notable in this f4 generation. Plants are stable and true breeding.

The flowers are extremly potent and have a huge amount of trichromes. This is a very high THC line with little to no body effect. Yeilds are big and fast with this line delivering fully mature flowers in around 60 days. A fantastic 'white widow' for the indoor grower and a excellent breeding tool." Elephunk
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=79056

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Thunders77
Shanti clears up pretty much everything about the original, and his reputation speaks for itself.
I do have some questions about the much fabled Aloha 98 Widow, such as from what source did it originate? Also Is Aloha still producing anything close to this quality? Anybody here ever grow any Aloha Widow out?

Hiya Thunders77 it was rumored Aloha stole a cut from the widow on display at the cup and used a sk plant to make Aloha 98 Widow now what was funny in all this if true is shanti stated that the widow on show at the cup Aloha alegedly stole the cut from at the cup was in fact an f1 widow any one of us could go out and by a pack of.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=79056

the original aww was clone only so there had to be a pollen source for aww reg beans.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was lucky enough to score a Grape Stomper x Aloha White Widow and was trying to figure out what to expect. Does anybody have any insight on how they think this cross would play out?

growingcrazy

I was posting and following along in your cohiba thread. WW has been strain I have enjoyed for a long time and the knowledge behind it interests me even more, regardless of its breeder/stories.

So if we are actually chasing a WW x purple SK, so be it!

Your photo of the new AWW caught my eye because it looks like the one I am currently running and described in your cohiba thread...

Once you open a bag, it smells like an acidic berry, mulberries to me. Followed by an acrid fuel nose burning stench. I am pulling this pheno at 58 days and it is just a knock out...

Does this sound similiar to your "new prospect"?

idiit

Veteran
no, but interesting. might be cohiba dom traits me thinks.

was the high more nld or wld ( indica or sativa type high)?

aww might have purple skunk in it.

this is actually elephunk's thread; he hasn't posted in over a couple of years though.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aloha. stopping in for quick update...
The F4s have become F5s!!!!
Very excited.

I used a trio of males to push the line further, and kept a Sweet Thang like pheno to conduct more 'research' on. No hermies at all in the F4 that I saw - straight M & F only. And very uniform overall. F6 is gonna happen in the very near future. Stoking...

Those 3 males... I also used them to pollinate the HP13
So there's PxAWW in the house.
A few have been dropped and if there's a couple fancy males you can bet your bottom we are gonna have a Pbx1 before you know it...

I have a copy of F4 female almost 30days in... I'll try to remember to get snaps of it for the thread in the next few days. I'll load them up when I have a little time.

Stay tuned...
Aloha