What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indian Swamp Gungi Grow Method - From OG

Yeah, I am going to get some drainage pipe that is 18 inches in diameter and cut it into 3 foot lengths. 1 foot in the muck ~ 2 above it... is that a good enough depth?

And yes outdoor grower hauling soil for that size container is a whore, not to mention expensive at 12 bucks a big bag of MG. But a few more nights of pain and ill be set.

I'll bet you that out of all the outdoor grows. Scrappy, You and I will have some of the best looking plants. Yea 1 foot in the muck sounds pretty good.

scrappy2

Im damn sure going to try real hard and real intelligently to make that a true statement Bro!!! Momma needs a new pair of shoes!! A word of advice to all of us....it is and it isnt a numbers game outdoor growing. By this I mean unless you have several seasons under your belt. Dont try a large # of plants. Certainly not in one spot mind you. Plan to harvest one third of what you plant. 20 nice plants are better than 50 shitty ones. Sounds like every one will do well and are educateing them selves on our hobbie. Reminber ...two things! #1 Nothing ventured nothing gained! #2 Dont tell or show ANYONE your crops or hint or talk so much that they pin point where they are. Or you may not have them. Ill post my pics of my tubes soon!!! Peace!!

Love this thread cant wait for people to get some actual grows of this pulled off...I think im going to go down a similar road also...anyways good info guys keep it coming..

sgka

Veteran
thanks backcountry, found a place somewhat close.

Has anyone given this technique an attempt?

I know im going to try it this year, will probably have some results at the end of the season. It seems perfect for me, as I'll be gone driving across country for at least a month

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
I have nowhere to try, or I would most defiantly! Gonna try making a artificial swamp grow instead, via the Earth hole.

T

TheOneWill

If I can find some swampy areas around the area the plot is in then I'll try.

hugh420

Wow nice thread. Definitely gonna try this next year maybe even this year as i have some mazars and red lebanese vegging now.I live in ireland which is basicaly one big bog hole and this would solve a lot of problems plus i made a mistake with the mazars as i didnt realise they finish in december and that asperin soloution sound perfect. Anyone have more info on this?? These plants are supposed to be massive 10 foot plants so i cant wait to see how big they get using this method. Anyone try this since??

.clunk

I'm have no doubts it would work, but I can't help but be a bit skeptical when someone mentions strains that are over eighty generations old. Also the dead fish in the PVC pipes sound like a recipe for disaster as soon as bear smells em, say goodbye to your plants!

A

argoagro

I haven't given this exact method an attempt, but used another members swamp-tube concrete form method. It's still pretty early, just tossed some skunk#1, PPP, and something else into the other 5, but the one that was planted with un-germed bagseed during set-up a month ago is UNBELIEVABLE. The things have definitly sent taproots down into the swampwater, 2 of them are the most vigorous plants I have EVER seen.

hugh420

no bears round here. Not many animals round my bog exept the occasional deer plus no one ever goes back there will have another look today and bring back a stick to measure hight although its very far from any road to be dragging dirt back there. and the bog dirt is shit

i am doing some swamp tubes made with wire fence and wrapped in plastic. also some large grow bags set 3 inches into the wet swamp mud. then there is a few on the edge ofthe swamp direectly into ammending native ground.