What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Japanese growers

G

Hello, Farmer John

In Japan, you have to spend 7 years (max) in jail for growing cannabis penalty.
Usually, several months or a few years for first offender, it is still quite strict though.
Actually, before WWII, growing hemp (for industrial not for buds) was very common here and was no penalty. After the war, GHQ (US Allied Occupation forces) banned it.

But cannabis growers are increasing here now. SB knows there are a lot of orders from Japan. Hope to have bright future for Japanese growers.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
7 years in a japanese jail for growing??? respect to you guys, i dont think i would take the risk.

G

Leda Uno - nice choice

so if growshops are that risky, where do people get lights from?

G

Hello, Moppel

7 years in Jail is maximum, it is for commercial growers.
Usually, it is several months or a few years for first offender (for individual grower for personal use).

I have never been to Japanese jail but I heard it is so-so confortable.
They supply low calorie food 3 times in a day, air conditioned environment,
some excercise and labor, regulated dayly life, you will get quite healthy life there,
with Free of charge.

I do not like to have such high risk either, but small-scale growing is safer than buying weeds from drug pushers.

G

Hello, namkha

There are 2 kinds of grow shops here.
one supplys grow equipments for normal plant growing --- safe
another one supplys equipments for (apparently) cannabis growing --- dangerous

A Few years ago, a Japanese shop was selling Phototoron, that shop was raided by police, after that police raided all the people who bought Phototoron from there.
Crazy.

Last edited:
G

KC Leda Uno Day 17

Branches grow little by little.
They want more light. They are still under 35w x 2 Fluorescent lights.

MH is checked that its light on, it is time to go with 250W.

Last edited:
G

Female seeds C99

Before I germed 6 x Afghani and they were all males, No female. It was unbelievable. I guess nobody has experienced germed 6 and got 6 males.
probability to have 6 all males is 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/64
Nobody can hit this jackpot but I did.
Now I am growing 4 x Leda Uno and 3 x KC33 but I will keep this feminized strain for fail safe. Feminized strain can be hermy though...

Anyway, this seed is incredible. I put this seed between wet paper towel.
It had small root 20 hours later and I put into the soil. The next day, It popped up. Only 44 hours from seed to sprout. It is like Bullet Train.
I named her "NOZOMI Super Express "

Last edited:
G

KC 33 Day 8

They have Indica like wide Leaves.

This is Leda Uno's Day 8 photo, growing speed is almost the same.

K.C.33 (KC Brains) Afghani X Haze X Ukrainian strain
Leda Uno (KC Brains) [secret Brazilian strain X K.C.33] X [Leda X K.C.606]

Last edited:
G

I've heard good things about Leda Uno and know from experience about KC33. You chose good strains, JP. Of course C99 is well known for it's buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

hort

G

Thanks for your comments, horticus

Today, I finally set up a small grow box with 250w MH.
90cm H x 50cm D x 60cm D

MH Eye Ceralux spectral distributions. It has good distributions but not best for flowering stage. I think I should buy HPS bulb.

You can see a lot of small seedlings, most of them are freebie.
I will bring freebie seedlings somewhere outside after 10 days. I know it is too late to grow outside but I want to see how they grow.

Last edited:
G

Yes I am going to flower Leda Unos in this box, of course!
I think I should let Ledas and KC33 veg for a few more weeks.

I found something on the 6th node, the photo is out of focus,,, my camera's macro is not so good,,, I am not sure if it is preflower or just a new growth, yet. I can see much clearly several days later. Hope it is female preflower.

Last edited:
G

Looks like new growth to me. What light cycle do you have them on? I'd definitely go with a HPS (Hortilux Eye) for flowering. It will make a big difference.

hort

G

It was just a new growth not preflower, shit!
When I grew Afghani, they showed preflowers on 4th node, at the 3rd week of veg stage.

They are now on 18/6 veg light cycle.

In Japan, HPS bulb is quite expensive $150 US for 250w for 1 HPS bulb. I ordered HPS bulb at a shop in US but they do not reply! I will look for them at ebay.

BTW, Yesterday I collected trimmed leaves and smoked with bong. I felt it is a little stingy but I have not smoked weed for a few months. I got long stone with Leda leaves. I want their buds!

Last edited:
G

KC Leda Uno Day 24

I took 3 cuttings from each plant and started cloning with DIY aeroponic cloner.

I installed a small sprinkler and an aquarium pump,
it showers and stops showring each 15minutes cycle by 24 hour timer.
That means feed water 15 min, feed Oxigen 15 min. I guess this way is more effective than continuous showering but actually this is the first trial with this aeroponic cloner, I will see how it works.

They are in the small chamber under 12 w fluorescent light (18/6 light cycle).

Last edited:
G

KC Leda Uno Clone Day 4

One of the cutting has started to root in 3 days with DIY Aeroponic Cloner.
Usually cutting from lower branch roots fast.
The other cuttings have not rooted yet.

Last edited:
G

Just a quick update.

I got 7pcs x GE Lucalox High Pressure Sodium Lamps with $74.05 US includes shipping fee. I received the package yesterday from USA.

> 3 100 watt lamps @ 4.75 = 14.25
> 2 150 watt lamps @ 5.57 = 11.50
> 2 250 watt lamps @ 6.50 = 13.00 _____
> 38.75 + shipping 35.30 = $74.05 total

Link to GE catalogue page.

I checked all of the bulbs works fine but they do not light throught "Non Inverter type ballasts". I have an 150w Inverter type ballast and plants are under 150w. I need to look for 250w Inverter ballast...

GE Lucalox High Pressure Sodium Lamp spectral distribution.

and this is Photosynthetic spectral distribution.

A little different from photosynthetic peak wavelength (660nm to 690nm). (I guess) It is more effective than MH.

Anyway, 150w HPS creates much less heat than MH 250w. I can keep less than 30 degree C, with running 15 min interval exhaust fan, that makes less exhaust fan noise.

Last edited:
G

AS the weather turns cooler, the heat issue won't be as crucial. I use MH for the first 4 weeks then switch to Hortilux HPS for the rest of my veg. and into flower. You may find elongated internodes growing only under HPS so keep the tops of the plants as close to the light as possible.

hort