What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spin and trim bowl type trimmers

Greenthumber

Looking at possibly getting a cheaper end trimmer untill I can eventually way down the line get to a more pricey one, I’ve never used a trimmer other than the old fashioned scissor way but looking for anyone’s advice on the bowl type trimmers (spin and trim) are they worth it to you? I know they will strip buds of some trichs but does it really rape your buds or what? Thanks in advance

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes... those bowl trimmers really do do a number to your buds.

The one I saw in action picked up a huge hash ball, the size of a golf ball, from a little less than a pound of buds.

The hash ball was also filled w tiny bits of leaf matter! Yuk!

Greenthumber

Ahhhh horrible news lol guess I’ll stick to the good ol hand trimming for a while. Thanks a ton for the feedback it’s much appreciated

XXX_710

I thought the SpinPro did ok, depending on what strain it was. It's never ideal to trim this way, but if you have to, make sure you use a strain with the right buds. The harder, denser nugs roll around well, while the squishy, fluffy, or wispy buds do not. It's all about whether they will roll. I found that Glue and Bubba Kush do ok; not Sensi Star.

Basically, this works fine to get stuff cleaned up to blast a tube (I don't want trim in my BHO). If you want flower to look good, stick with hand-trimming.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I hand trim all my colas but any smaller buds and all the popcorn goes onto my spin trimmer. I'm not sure what brand it is. Most of them looked real similar. I got mine when there was only one or 2 brands.

Yeah, yeah, it beats it up a little. And, the trimmings go onto my screen setup for dry sifting. And, the leftover is dirty. But, you know what, it's fucking lightning fast. LOL And, it actually does a great job on small buds and popcorn.

I grow way more than I can smoke. A couple pounds every 10 weeks or so. I hand trim the colas because that's what I smoke. I'll never get to the popcorn so it always gets given away or tossed into the washing machine to make bubble or whatever. And, like I said, the spin trimmer is lightning fast. I say a short prayer for the guy who invented it, every time I use it. LMAO

I love mine.... jme.

clown baby

if you don't care about aesthetics, and just want to get the job done, then go for it. Cuts way down on hand trimming time.

You'll end up with more in your shake pile and your buds won't look as nice.

but i grow to smoke, not sell. So I prefer the extra free time vs bag appeal

Greenthumber

I hand trim all my colas but any smaller buds and all the popcorn goes onto my spin trimmer. I'm not sure what brand it is. Most of them looked real similar. I got mine when there was only one or 2 brands.

Yeah, yeah, it beats it up a little. And, the trimmings go onto my screen setup for dry sifting. And, the leftover is dirty. But, you know what, it's fucking lightning fast. LOL And, it actually does a great job on small buds and popcorn.

I grow way more than I can smoke. A couple pounds every 10 weeks or so. I hand trim the colas because that's what I smoke. I'll never get to the popcorn so it always gets given away or tossed into the washing machine to make bubble or whatever. And, like I said, the spin trimmer is lightning fast. I say a short prayer for the guy who invented it, every time I use it. LMAO

I love mine.... jme.

I’m not a regular smoker but I do partake quite often with the “well I hope I don’t fuck up at work the next few weeks” gut wrenching worry lol but I do grow for a few patients that I’m sure appreciate the smoke and the appearance as most do, but yeah it gets very time consuming with little time available, I may end up grabbing one in time for the the larf/smaller buds and just hand trim the colas for sure

Latest posts

Latest posts