What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethics of shaping guerilla patches

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Used to have an apple tree in my yard that I planted as kid. A big storm came through one time and took it down. I was pretty bummed as I loved having fresh golden delicious.

Sorry to hear that. Apples are a superfood. I have 4 trees. 1 mac, and three grafted trees with a total of 9 different kinds of apples on them (thank you Canadian Tire. lol) :)

I managed to get a Peach tree to grow here (Ottawa Area) and had 24 peaches one day, and only 12 the next. Raccoon basterds. Tree died after a cold winter.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear that. Apples are a superfood. I have 4 trees. 1 mac, and three grafted trees with a total of 9 different kinds of apples on them (thank you Canadian Tire. lol) :)

I managed to get a Peach tree to grow here (Ottawa Area) and had 24 peaches one day, and only 12 the next. Raccoon basterds. Tree died after a cold winter.

The only thing I don't miss is having to cut the grass with the scattered apples on the ground. All the local wildlife really enjoyed having a constant supply though. Mostly ate what was already fallen, but the squirrels would always take the best ones out of the tree, take a few bites and leave them. Peaches are great, I should try planting one of those. Takes trees forever to mature though.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
It's a mink. :)

I think it was a mouse or vole that did that apple tree damage.

I also buy lots of stuff at Canadian Tire. :woohoo:

The first time I ever saw a mink I was searching for crayfish in a stream and saw one chewing on the leg of a dead duck. I honestly had no idea what it was at the time and was later surprised to find we had them in our area. Pretty much a water weasel.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The only thing I don't miss is having to cut the grass with the scattered apples on the ground. All the local wildlife really enjoyed having a constant supply though. Mostly ate what was already fallen, but the squirrels would always take the best ones out of the tree, take a few bites and leave them. Peaches are great, I should try planting one of those. Takes trees forever to mature though.

I'm at Lat 45, so it's tough on some trees (and weed), but should do better below Lat 43. You can get a tree in flower at a garden centre in the spring, and have a few peaches in fall. lol But they're a little expensive. I think I paid $80 or something.

Hey... If you can grow weed, I bet you could grow your own tree in a burlap pot! :)

Latest posts

Latest posts