What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

commercial guerilla growing for a living..?

browntrout

Veteran
As a business student myself, What good is your education if you can't leave the country? Put your degree to work in the field you love. At some point with the way things are going, the legal pot business will be huge and profitable with much demand. At this point you can be doing what you love and have applicable training to do so.

Seems like a no brainer to me, Getting caught is almost inevitable. If that doesnt happen mother nature will. You're smarter than this.

Reading an article of a brick and mortar and online hydro store in BC who's sales tripled almost instantaneously after the colorado legalization.

B

buddymate

Wasnt Brown Dirt Warrior supposed to have grown commercially guerilla style?

might not be EXACTLY GUERILLA GROWING.

spoken like some1 whose never yielded SHIT off an outdoor crop!

I'm not really sure whats with the hostility.

If its not guerilla growing, how is it applicable?

You talk about using ATV's, hauling out soil and its obviously in a place where you have access to check on them.

So this doesn't really sound like guerilla growing. Its sounds like your growing on a friends back acre lot or a neighbor who you know isn't nosy.

Ask yourself a question. When you say you grew 20 lbs from five plants, do you think I'm upset or something?

If you get a 5 lb average, well congrats. Its the internet so I have to believe you.

But even so, how is that applicable here?

Team Microbe

Veteran
As a business student myself, What good is your education if you can't leave the country? Put your degree to work in the field you love. At some point with the way things are going, the legal pot business will be huge and profitable with much demand. At this point you can be doing what you love and have applicable training to do so.

Seems like a no brainer to me, Getting caught is almost inevitable. If that doesnt happen mother nature will. You're smarter than this.

Reading an article of a brick and mortar and online hydro store in BC who's sales tripled almost instantaneously after the colorado legalization.

Great points BrownTrout. That's exactly what I would recommend too...

Trippy Stix -

If you are passionate about this plant and growing seems like your nack then by all means take it and run with it because the green rush is finally here. There will be a demand for knowledgable growers soon, not just in CO but in all states. Don't be another to fall in the trap of the "American Dream"... if you can see the big picture you'll notice that a small % of college graduates are getting their desired jobs post graduation; let alone continuing in their chosen field of choice at all.

One of the wisest men I've ever known once told me, "History has proven to repeat itself... so with that being said, cannabis will always be in high demand. Every drug has it's phase like we've seen in the past but cannabis has been, is and will always be in demand in one way or another. The only difference is that producing it and supplying the demand for it isn't morally incorrect since we're finally realizing it truly is medicine. Investing 100% of your energy in this field can only reap you and your peers benefits in the long haul my friend. Be good."

Just follow your gut man, if it's in you it's in you and you'll get there naturally...

You can go to college for free practically (besides start up costs of your grow obv) by getting on forums and apps like IG to link up with other growers and learn from eachother, treat them as your classmates. If you reach out to others you will get the same in return and learn faster than you ever have before.

We must treat the mistakes as "lessons", because without them you will be making less progress to your ultimate goal. Knowledge is power the more you know the better you will grow my friend. I've seen it with others and myself even. I've been "going to college" for 2 years now after 4 years of fucking around in the grow room. I saw the movement coming, and I'm anticipating it now. The best thing you can do is study like you are in school and be the sharpest grower you can be.

Outdoors is much dif than indoors - 2 completely different realms. Indoors is much more expensive, crops are shorter, and you have more control over your environment. Outdoors is def less expensive, offers less control yet more security, is usually only once annually but yields can triple indoor yields if not quadruple. So it's the same thing ultimately - running 4 cycles inside and running one cycle outside (assuming you had the same amount of plants for each).

If you're like me then you're already studying strains appeasable for your region to buy and locations to scout before the foliage gets too lush. We wanna make our soil/supply runs BEFORE we make any visible foot trails from ground/sky level. It's ideal to scout early-fall prior to the following season to eye out water levels and foliage visibility at what will be the time of your harvest. This has saved me from my girls being drowned from rain a few times in those late-season storms in the swamp.....

Stay hungry :tiphat:

Team Microbe

Veteran
Spoken like someone who has never done it outside.

Reality is much different, that just wont happen.

Why? Fucking bambi, thats why. :biggrin:

That and 1 million other things that could go wrong and will. Expect 1/3 of your crop to be destroyed and thats a good number.

Sounds right to me... preventatives are our best friends when it comes to mold/pests/animals/nature. I like to alternate compost tea foliar sprays with neem oil mixed with bIO k to prevent mold and mildews. I stake one 8' steel green fencing stake down into my pot in the center to tie my main stem off to (loosely to prevent from choking the future growth) for windy storms late-season. Chicken wire is either rusted or spray painted brown/green to set up around early plants (4 ft tall cages).

BT is great for caterpillars, while Sluggo or simply a few shallow trays of beer laid around your patch will prevent slugs from climbing up on your girls. Diatomaceous earth is good for the grass around your pots, I don't put this directly in my pots because the shards hurt the microbiology on the top of the soil.

Mulch is a great preventative indirectly speaking, since it keeps soil and soil life alive (90% of soil life resides in your top layer of soil) so that in turn keeps those defense walls up and ready for any intruders trying to come in. When growing in nature we must work with nature if we want to win this battle - chemicals and synthetics shut down plant immune systems leaving them susceptible to literally anything and everything that crosses it's path. If you want to harvest as much as possible outdoors... then organic soil is your best friend :dance013:

browntrout

Veteran
Wasnt Brown Dirt Warrior supposed to have grown commercially guerilla style?

I've met him and from what I understand his dvd took place over 3 seasons while losing a field and almost getting caught. Seems like the odds are still against you in a guerilla style operation. He also does photography as job as well.

BT

Team Microbe

Veteran
I've met him and from what I understand his dvd took place over 3 seasons while losing a field and almost getting caught. Seems like the odds are still against you in a guerilla style operation. He also does photography as job as well.

BT

Someone told me that last scene where the chopper flies above him and finds his crop was fake... not sure of the validity of this claim though so if someone knows then don't hesitate to say so

I loved that video nonetheless. His dreams were hilarious as well hahaha... the chopper sounds and all. I gotta watch it again now that I talk about it...

B

buddymate

it's alot more work that most people think,
Amen to that :ying:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
A wise man once told me,...Never tell the man that's doing it, it cant be done,...:biggrin::ying:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
In Jamaica and elsewhere they just take a giant bag full of seeds and throw them around a few acres.

Buddymate has it going this year, way to grow

dr_sam

The future of guerilla may be autos.
A buddy of mine showed me his spots last year.
3 spots. 190 plants total. Lotsa water. 10 gallons of soil per plant. Raised beds.
In & out in three months, done in august - perfect for outdoor drying. No flyovers, no hunters, no worries. The only stress factor is having 50+ plants per spot.
30 pounds of dried buds.
Downside is the investment, seeds only were over 2 grand...

dr_sam

I wholeheartedly believe, without a doubt, that you owe everyone, including myself, a refund on the time we took to read this thread.

Its only a testament to the strength of pot i'm smoking this morning that I actually sat through and read your drivel.

Stay in school and believe me, you of all people need it if you actually thought this was a realistic plan.

Do what you gotta do and listen to no one man.

A realistic goal is to double your harvest every year. You can't go from 2 to 50.

soil margin

Veteran
Very interesting thread to read through. A lot of wisdom in here.

I think it doesn't need to be said that growing for a living is hard as fck under any average conditions, whether that is indoor, outdoor, guerilla or non-guer. That being said, doing what you love with your time here is worth some pretty big sacrifices.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Oh shit.....The golden goose is getting raped for her golden eggs this season!
Now if we could just get the harp to stfu.......