What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to find a true "skunk" smelling strain?

troutman

Seed Whore
For present day availability it's pretty much a wild goose chase

:biggrin:

fishinkblog-7500-angela-keoghan-1.jpg

ic
picture-garden-3.png

ic

billb

Veteran
Has anyone have or tried the Mass super skunk? Its suppossed to be the stinkiest of all. Burn your eyes funk!

DNA sells R.K.S. Fem seeds. " If you're looking for that stinky, stick green that smells like a skunk, then this would be the strain for you."

1st step is finding something from a breeder who's actually smelled a skunk b4 imo.
Not like a European who nvr left home would even know what that scent of burnt rubber stank with sweet hashyness in a loud as fuck package is to strt with let alone to breed for it.
They just never smelled 1.
I'd say north American breeders working well known cuts is the best route.
Check the 91 chem line imo for a killer strt.

cheers,............................................................gps

I wouldn't bet against DNA having a good stinky skunk. They've been doing a lot of work with top notch stuff from the U.S. like Tangie, Kosher Kush, Tahoe Kush, DJ Short Blueberry ect.

bestothebest

Sources I have identified as being possible:
MNS New Skunk
Sour Dubble Clone
Especially "The Nature Farm's 1969 Skunk open pollination"

D3pthCharg3

What's the scoop on Nature Farms^^?

The Skunkwerks is mentioned to have been from 1960's too.

copied from **********.eu:

Skunkwerk Genetics - RoadKillSkunk

Our unsourced verified RoadKillSkunk weed dates back to the 1960s. It was through this preservation project now at bx2, a seed company was born.
About Our RoadKillSkunkweed
Our skunk weed (roadkill pheno) dates back to the sixties. It’s an (acapulco gold (mexicali) x Columbian) x Afghani) thats American bread and predates the skunk1 work that was done by the Dutch in the 70’s and skunkmans "sweet skunk" work.
In the 90's it was back crossed using a very pure SSH male (rks x (rks x ssh).The chosen bx1 female was chosen by a group of predecessors in the 90s dubbed the bully pheno.
Our selected male chose by us with the remaining BX1 stock that was gifted to us with mom and bully for the intent of preservation and non sweet smelling hybrids. Are stud breeds very pure with a very distinct dirty RK nose, his purity is unmatched while also adding to the moms strength in structure & branching.

I wonder if there's any connection...

Skunk

Skunk

SSSc sk1 basics are thee death only two ways get "rks" is Mexico specially opal region and Afghan all rest are the other skunks but Mexico def holds held the death and famed skunk 6 aka mss came from these catalog and prob f2 but I was 4 years old lol got some good friends from VA

Miss aka skunk 6

Miss aka skunk 6

Has anyone have or tried the Mass super skunk? Its suppossed to be the stinkiest of all. Burn your eyes funk!

Smoked that Jan high school and was the best pot on earth. It's a southern us worled plant from sssclub turned into sensi tho strains did not transfer

CanadaDank

Besides the likes bros grim and the nature farm are working, old clones that are skunky besides RKS include:
Trinity
MSS
Shoreline
Exodus Cheese
Albert Walker
Dumpster
and many more.
I had a cut of Red Devil that was very skunky! I stunk up a bus with a 0.5g bud triple bagged in my school bag. Miss that stuff.

bestothebest

Nice to hear on the devil. I have a cleaning auction of it from MNS.
If you say dumpster was skunky, if you go to The Nature Farm genetics page, there are still dumpster x skunk open pollination available.

CanadaDank

If you say dumpster was skunky, if you go to The Nature Farm genetics page, there are still dumpster x skunk open pollination available.

The nature farm has some awesome Skunk projects going on right now. I think he uses Skunk 18?
That’s cool about the Devil tho. I hope you find something as amazing as what I used to get.

Besides the likes bros grim and the nature farm are working, old clones that are skunky besides RKS include:
Trinity
MSS
Shoreline
Exodus Cheese
Albert Walker
Dumpster
and many more.
I had a cut of Red Devil that was very skunky! I stunk up a bus with a 0.5g bud triple bagged in my school bag. Miss that stuff.

Yes! Trinity is great have that, Albert Walker is Epic nw Skunk to the max! Seems Afghanistan or valley kush by looking at it ,

The nature farm has some awesome Skunk projects going on right now. I think he uses Skunk 18?
That’s cool about the Devil tho. I hope you find something as amazing as what I used to get.

That’s a plant with a sad story behind it, opal Skunk and Thailand

D3pthCharg3

SSSc sk1 basics are thee death only two ways get "rks" is Mexico specially opal region and Afghan all rest are the other skunks but Mexico def holds held the death and famed skunk 6 aka mss came from these catalog and prob f2 but I was 4 years old lol got some good friends from VA

Got a couple Basic Skunk #16 x C99 fems ala Duke Diamond in the romper room. Hoping for pineapple skunk funk..

D3pthCharg3

Thanks for the heads up on the Dumpster x Skunk 18, word is mine arrived this afternoon. Guess who'll be greedily opening some mail after he shuts down the shop tonight.

newbert

i had access to superskunk at one point and it was the exact skunk kinda poo funk every time. i dont know who the breeder was so sorry on that, but i assume it cant be rare it seemed like the dominant smell "profile"